Less Alcohol ~ JUNE 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k what a beautiful grand baby! She is adorable. That happy smile!

@mainelylisa so great to hear from you! One whole year, wow! Very impressive! So glad you found what is working for you, and your upcoming certifications sound great!

@MissMay congrats on the serendipitous house sale! What’s next for you? May the Real Estate Gods smile upon you and give you no issues during the closing process!
  • Womona
    Options
    So proud of my AF M-W! Last night was planned wine night at work. One of our staff members just moved back to the UK, so we are down a person. That resulted in the three of us getting really big pours, which would up being 1.5 standard drinks. I think next week I’ll have to be the one to pour the wine before anyone else gets Into the kitchen! On a good note, I didn’t even have the desire to pour a glass when I got home. Progress!

Still don’t have my boat back from the marina, so I doubt I’m sailing this weekend. It was a nice thought but realistically, a long shot! Fingers crossed it’s done early next week so I can finally launch this baby!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, all. Good luck to all who have projects, whether they be nautical or renovation or lightening the load for the next move. And happy travels to @globalhiker and @dawnbgethealthy. I'm imagining glorious hikes in cool climes.

@Une_Poire I love the Ritual tequila. I agree that it is not the same as tequila. But I think it's suggestive of tequila on the nose and very creative. I thought it added interesting kick to limey fresca and lemony soda. Two other mocktails that work well with Ritual but honestly are pretty good standalone are:
    - tons of fresh basil leaves blended with 1 strawberry + a squeeze of lemon+ crushed ice & soda.
    - tons of fresh mint leaves muddled in a squeeze of lime + soda and a giant watermelon ice cube.

AF so far this week and going to the musical "Oklahoma" tonight with DH&DD#1. (It's been a throwback musical season.) Plan to have wine with dinner before the show. No other plans. Just hoping to stay cool in record heat. 103F projected tomorrow (111F heat index). And it's not even July. :'( It's reasonable at 7AM for outdoor exercise, but larger yardwork tasks will have to wait.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    So nice to hear from @mainelylisa !!!
    @MissMay That is huge news. The new/next chapter in life will be soon to happen. Sending all sorts of good vibes.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I'm Dawn
    I joined this thread in November 2018. I had my first AF day soon thereafter. It was hard! I stayed with one AF day per week for awhile and then gradually increased that.

I will continue on with what has been attainable for me, 16-20 AF days per month. So trying to keep it to 3A days per week or less.
    I am drinking less for weight loss. 20 more pounds to shed still.

Diary Style

Planning AF for Wednesday, since I will be hiking with...@globalhiker tomorrow!!!!
    Wednesday June 08 - AF - So as to have lots of energy for the meet up with @globalhiker on Thursday : - )
    Thursday June 09 - Drinks at lunch. Planned drinks for Saturday, going to try to stay AF for Friday. Really great (mostly outdoor) visit with @globalhiker . Kind of jealous of the next leg of her vacay : - )

Rolling total: 6AF days out of 9 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I'm Dawn
    I joined this thread in November 2018. I had my first AF day soon thereafter. It was hard! I stayed with one AF day per week for awhile and then gradually increased that.

I will continue on with what has been attainable for me, 16-20 AF days per month. So trying to keep it to 3A days per week or less.

Diary Style

Planning AF for Wednesday, since I will be hiking with...@globalhiker tomorrow!!!!
    Wednesday June 08 - AF - So as to have lots of energy for the meet up with @globalhiker on Thursday : - )
    Thursday June 09 - Drinks at lunch. Planned drinks for Saturday, going to try to stay AF for Friday. Really great (mostly outdoor) visit with @globalhiker . Kind of jealous of the next leg of her vacay : - )
    Friday June 10 - 2 drinks, not a planned drinks day. I made a dent in the yard work before and after work, finally came in the house and didn't even try to use any willpower.

Rolling total: 6AF days out of 10 days
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    June accountability: 4 days AF
    Alcohol: 6 days (13 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

6/1 - 2 glasses wine; DH returned to work after a month off and gave a 10 day notice retiring / resigning
    6/2 - AF
    6/3 - 2 wine
    6/4 - 2 beers
    6/5 - AF
    6/6 - 3 wine
    My sister joined us, issues with mom, workers at my house, a little overwhelmed today which is no excuse but it is what it is … not denying that I drank 3 glasses.
    6/7 - 2 wine
    6/8 - AF
    6/9 - 2 wine
    6/10 - AF
  • Lilylady3k
    edited June 2022
    Options
    6/11 - AF this evening!

So strange how life plays out. When I worked many times I felt like Friday & Saturday evenings were a given ... alcohol would be involved most weekends. I mean TGIF of course I wanted something special and hang out with friends for happy hour.

Also with the stress of my job I felt like I deserved a glass or 2 of wine after a stressful day of work.

BUT now that I'm retired (since Jan 2019) I find that I can drink every day because I don't necessarily have obligations the next morning. I can drink whenever my friends drink. Why stick to a M-Th AF schedule and then load up on weekends if I'm retired. Those days are like all others.

So I've been talking to myself. Drink when you want but also don't when you don't want to. Don't slip into the habit this month of drinking just cause DH opens a bottle. Follow your gut and strive for that goal to drink no more than 2 nights in a row. Really focus on it. It helped when at the first of the month DH reminded me that I had made a big deal out of commenting that I was not drinking Sunday night last weekend because I planned drinks on Friday and Saturday. He was right ... and I appreciated the reminder. Because it got me off on the right foot for June!

Cheers folks. I'm AF on Friday & Saturday night for the first time in a VERY long time.

Oh and DH joined me ... he retired early too! Friday was his last day and we didn't celebrate with alcohol.

Enjoy your weekend!

June accountability: 5 days AF
    Alcohol: 6 days (13 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    first @Lilylady3k congrats on the AF Fri-Sat combo.

I or I should say We went out for pizza yesterday afternoon and I was feeling frisky so to speak and I ordered a bloody mary with tito's, then had a second. Wow it did not seem to touch me. But I came home and took a nap cuz I like too. The later in the even I pour 2 shots...the devil was with me yesterday.

Today is a new day, my sister is flying in tonight and she will be here all week. She rarely drinks so I know I won't be pressured by her! I will be AF the rest of the week for sure.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I'm Dawn

Diary Style

Friday June 10 - 2 drinks, not a planned drinks day. I made a dent in the yard work before and after work, finally came in the house and didn't even try to use any willpower.
    Saturday June 11 - 2 drinks. As usual, drinks inflate my scale, so it is time to rack up some AF days for sure.

Rolling total: 6AF days out of 11 days
  • Lilylady3k
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Tonight DH & I have assessment test to determine which Spanish class we'll be assigned at our church. Free class that we took in summer 2019 and they are offering it again (they didn't offer the class in 2020 & 2021 due to Covid). We are planning to attend Mon & Wed evenings 6:30-8:00pm this summer. Maybe that will curb our wine tendencies with dinner at least 2 nights per week.

Plan to rack up a few more AF evenings this week as well since I'm babysitting my granddaughter Tuesday, Spanish Class Monday & Wednesday and then Lady Clay Shooters Sporting Clays on Thursday evening.

June accountability: 9 days AF
    Alcohol: 7 days (14 drinks)

6/1 - 2 glasses wine; DH returned to work after a month off and gave a 10 day notice retiring / resigning
    6/2 - AF
    6/3 - 2 wine
    6/4 - 2 beers; Brother in law’s retirement party at Karbach Brewing
    6/5 - AF
    6/6 - 3 wine
    My sister joined us, issues with mom, workers at my house, a little overwhelmed today which is no excuse but it is what it is … not denying that I drank 3 glasses.
    6/7 - 2 wine
    6/8 - AF; baby sit granddaughter
    6/9 - 2 wine
    6/10 - AF; DH’s last day @ work. He joined me in retirement!
    6/11 - AF
    6/12 - 1 rum & diet coke
    PLANNED
    6/13 - AF 🇪🇸 (Spanish Class)
    6/14 - AF; baby sit granddaughter
    6/15 - AF 🇪🇸 or 📚(Spanish Class or Book Club)
    6/16 - AF 🎯 (Sporting Clays)
  • Womona
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    Last week- 5AF and 2A- best week I've had in a long time!
    This week 4AF and 3A - woot!

Woo hoo! That’s amazing!
  • Womona
    Options
    I did pretty well this past weekend. Two drinks Friday and Saturday, but three yesterday. Totally messed with my sleep! Grrr. Well, off to work soon, planning AF today through Wednesday. My weight crept up today, the three drinks and entire serving of chicken and waffles got me there!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k Wow! Big news all around! Congratulations to you and DH on retirement. Wishing you happy and relaxing time together.

Fun weekend but Oklahoma was a big surprise. Reinterpreted in a darker more violent way. Not the sunny upbeat musical of decades past. Honestly, they were playing "Oh what a beautiful morning" in a minor key. Not kidding. Otherwise a quiet weekend. We did our outdoor exercise and watered the plants early to beat the 100F+ heat. Then spent most of our days indoors. I drank 3 drinks every night over the weekend, which is more than my goal. And I ate more than planned after drinking Sunday, too. Sigh. It's a fresh week and I plan to be AF M-Th.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,257 Member
    Options
    Your all so inspiring, so here I go, day 1
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Last week- 5AF and 2A- best week I've had in a long time!
    This week 4AF and 3A - woot!
    So far 2 AF and 1A this week courtesy of chamomile tea.