High calorie snack options?

Options
Looking for ideas for high calorie snack options that won’t make me feel super bloated and sluggish. I’m desperately trying to gain weight but I’m having a hard time because I get full really easily and have a pretty low appetite in general. I also can’t eat peanuts or peanut butter, which I know is a common suggestion to gain weight.

Any advice would be welcome.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,366 Member
    Options
    Can you eat other nuts (tree nuts) or seeds? Avocados? How about dairy? If so, maybe cheese. If you're eating any reduced-fat products, maybe go to full-fat ones. Condiments and dressings are pretty calorie dense, not very filling - salad dressings, mayo, a little extra oil/butter on veggies or used in cooking. It's fine to eat less nutrient-dense treat foods, too, as long as they don't spike your appetite, especially if your nutrition for the day is on pretty solid ground already: Cookie, chocolate bar, chips, for example.
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Well, some of this may not be “healthy” but imo those words don’t mean anything

Whole milk yogurt, honey, and dark chocolate would work. Guacamole with (gasp) chips. Hummus is a good choice too. You can also just blend some oats with milk, coconut oil, frozen banana/avocado, and whatever else your mind can think of.

If you can find it, 70/30 ground beef is probably one of the highest calorie meats you can find. Douse your food in high fat sauces. Making a sandwich? Use mayonnaise. Having a salad? Put some kind of oil based dressing on it
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    As fats are 9cal/g vs pro/carb at 4cal/g, you just need to ratio more healthy fats across your snacks. so look for cheeses with crackers, dried fruit with full fat yogurt, granola/trail mix (no peanut variety, plenty of those)
  • DeserveVictory
    DeserveVictory Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Avocado toast, cheese/meat/crackers, nuts/seeds, buttered/sugary popcorn,

If you’re just looking to boost calories you could add a little extra butter or oil when cooking. Or sugar and fats to sauces. Creamy sauces will be higher calorie than tomato based sauces. Bread products can also hide high calories (especially flavored focaccias and whole wheat seedy breads)