What's on your mind?

Replies

• AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Why does there have to be another offer on the house I like??!!!?

It’s a real pain isn’t it.
    I had the same when I was looking at buying.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,154 Member

The one we liked but not enough to buy has been sitting on the market cause they think it's worth more than it is. 😂 This one we see last night and now there's an offer. Oh well if we don't get it it's not meant to be ours
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member

The one we liked but not enough to buy has been sitting on the market cause they think it's worth more than it is. 😂 This one we see last night and now there's an offer. Oh well if we don't get it it's not meant to be ours

It sucks but it’s the best way to look at it.
    I gave up eventually and put it on the back burner for some time in the future when my job actually lets me settle down in one place - in hindsight I’m glad I didn’t end up buying, at the time it was quite soul crushing.

Good luck with your hunt for the right property, I’m sure that you’ll find one that’s meant to be!
  • Alinouveau2

It sucks but it’s the best way to look at it.
    I gave up eventually and put it on the back burner for some time in the future when my job actually lets me settle down in one place - in hindsight I’m glad I didn’t end up buying, at the time it was quite soul crushing.

Good luck with your hunt for the right property, I’m sure that you’ll find one that’s meant to be!

We're lucky because we won't have to move we just want something more modern. Our house is almost 100 years old, has been updated but I just want some more modern features and a little more space.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    One-day login streak! First day back and I'm already killing it. (small victories)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited June 2022

The market is very strange lately. Houses can disappear off the market in a blink of an eye and go for outrageous sums of money. :( I saw a beautiful home driving through town the other day and it came up for sale. The next day I remembered to check Zillow for it and it's already gone. I found a few others for sale around the area and they're asking ridiculous amounts for our area. :( A nice, but average, home with a couple acres can go for 300-500K. I have no idea how people are affording to buy anything here.
    We live in a rural area that's not exactly high income. My deceased neighbor's home went for 179K, as is. It has maybe 1.5 acres and needs a lot of updating and repair work. There is a corner lot available, ad says 2 acres, and the house is in such disrepair it truly needs to be torn down and rebuilt. 200K.

Good luck with your house search! During normal times it can get discouraging......can't imagine what current times are like. :(
  • Alinouveau2
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

The market is very strange lately. Houses can disappear off the market in a blink of an eye and go for outrageous sums of money. :( I saw a beautiful home driving through town the other day and it came up for sale. The next day I remembered to check Zillow for it and it's already gone. I found a few others for sale around the area and they're asking ridiculous amounts for our area. :( A nice, but average, home with a couple acres can go for 300-500K. I have no idea how people are affording to buy anything here.
    We live in a rural area that's not exactly high income. My deceased neighbor's home went for 179K, as is. It has maybe 1.5 acres and needs a lot of updating and repair work. There is a corner lot available, ad says 2 acres, and the house is in such disrepair it truly needs to be torn down and rebuilt. 200K.

Good luck with your house search! During normal times it can get discouraging......can't imagine what current times are like. :(

Thanks! It is amazing how fast some houses sell. We're putting an offer in but don't expect to get the house but hey Can't get it if we don't try. If the house is priced right it will sell.

Prices here are insane. Those prices to were quoting are the amount many houses sell for over asking price. We looked at one that was $3.2 and sold for 3.9!!!! It needed some work and was like 1km from a very busy highway so you had constant highway noise. The bathroom needed a reno, it needed a new stove and range hood and the basement smelled damp, not to mention the inspection report said it needed a new furnace and AC immediately. Then there's a practically brand new house that's been on the market for 2 months now ...beautiful but just overpriced and the basement sucks. I just don't get it
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    That for someone who isn't much of a fan of dark chocolate, I sure have a supply of it from Trader Joe's.

Dark chocolate caramel wedges
    Dark chocolate covered watermelon sticks
    Bamba puffed peanut & corn snacks dipped in dark chocolate
  • Alinouveau2
    glassyo wrote: »
    That for someone who isn't much of a fan of dark chocolate, I sure have a supply of it from Trader Joe's.

Chocolate covered watermelon sticks??? Like watermelon fancy covered in chocolate or actual watermelon??? I'm intrigued.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member

Chocolate covered watermelon sticks??? Like watermelon fancy covered in chocolate or actual watermelon??? I'm intrigued.

sfbgwqg5wggh.jpg

They're these...but watermelon flavored in a pretty purple bag. :) This is the only pic I could find that shows the size.

It says chewy but it's more between chewy and soft.

I don't usually like ruining chocolate with fruit but fresh watermelon? I would so try!
  • Alinouveau2

sfbgwqg5wggh.jpg

They're these...but watermelon flavored in a pretty purple bag. :) This is the only pic I could find that shows the size.

It says chewy but it's more between chewy and soft.

I don't usually like ruining chocolate with fruit but fresh watermelon? I would so try!

I have a live hate thing with watermelon...right now I'm loving it. Haha.
    Perhaps a trip south of the border is required to get some of these
  • Alinouveau2
    Well looks like I'll be moving at the end of September. Who woulda thunk our offer would be the one to be accepted!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    One-day login streak! First day back and I'm already killing it. (small victories)

And its very nice to see you back. 🙂
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Well looks like I'll be moving at the end of September. Who woulda thunk our offer would be the one to be accepted!

Congratulations! 🍾
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,416 Member
    I'm going to be 40 soon. Most woman dread it but I'm kinda excited. I heard 40 is when you have the best time of your life 😏

My 40s were so much fun!
    You look younger, that helps. 😊
    You’ll have a blast. 😀🌸
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,504 Member
    I'm going to be 40 soon. Most woman dread it but I'm kinda excited. I heard 40 is when you have the best time of your life 😏

My 40s were so much fun!
    You look younger, that helps. 😊
    You’ll have a blast. 😀🌸

I hope so! Thank you ☺️
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,644 Member

Also congratulations!
  • Alinouveau2

Congratulations! 🍾

Aww thanks!!!! We're a bit in shock
  • Alinouveau2
    cmsienk wrote: »

Also congratulations!

Yay thanks!!! We're excited we get to stay in the same area. Plus the new backyard is awesome