What's on your mind?

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    edited June 2022
    I'm going to be 40 soon. Most woman dread it but I'm kinda excited. I heard 40 is when you have the best time of your life 😏

People dread 40?! Never been happier.
    It’s gonna be great! You’re on the right track!
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,126 Member
    I'm going to be 40 soon. Most woman dread it but I'm kinda excited. I heard 40 is when you have the best time of your life 😏

My 40s were so much fun!
    You look younger, that helps. 😊
    You’ll have a blast. 😀🌸

I agree. 40s is when I really decided I just don't care. If I want to ogle some hot young thing it's ok cause I'm 40! Haha
    But really it's kind of the decade where you just feel comfortable and confident
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    I’m wondering how it was for my son today working outside up at the yard with his dad.
    I feel for him.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Sometimes I get weeks of regret thinking of if I’d continued in the Royal Marines - with everything happening in the world, it seems to hit me more and more lately.
    Left due to injury but still doesn’t make it any easier.
    Seems to be hitting me like a ton of bricks at the moment.
    (Referring to UK Marines not US)

I'm older than you--67, so I'll leave you with a few thoughts. First off, sometimes it's just time to move on. Regrets about the past are not productive. Then, I've noticed that when I look back on my life, things always happened for a reason. Something always came along to nudge me onto something else--usually better. Your injury could have been the catalyst. If you're not happy where you are now, start looking around for better. Evaluate as best you can. Good luck.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Sometimes I get weeks of regret thinking of if I’d continued in the Royal Marines - with everything happening in the world, it seems to hit me more and more lately.

I'm older than you--67, so I'll leave you with a few thoughts. First off, sometimes it's just time to move on. Regrets about the past are not productive. Then, I've noticed that when I look back on my life, things always happened for a reason. Something always came along to nudge me onto something else--usually better. Your injury could have been the catalyst. If you're not happy where you are now, start looking around for better. Evaluate as best you can. Good luck.

Thanks for the kind comment;
    I’m actually pretty happy with life overall (though maybe my comment didn’t come across that way).
    It’s just the what-ifs that creep up sometimes!

But yes, I agree that things seem to happen for a reason and over time, paths change and we move on to new places.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Well looks like I'll be moving at the end of September. Who woulda thunk our offer would be the one to be accepted!

Also congratulations!

Yay thanks!!! We're excited we get to stay in the same area. Plus the new backyard is awesome

So happy for you!!! It's fun doing the search but it's even better to find the house for you!!
  • ReenieHJ

I’m actually pretty happy with life overall (though maybe my comment didn’t come across that way).

But yes, I agree that things seem to happen for a reason and over time, paths change and we move on to new places.

Even though regrets are not productive, they happen. :( They have a way of creeping into our brain, working themselves around, and then leaving again. Probably to most everyone. It's what we do with them that counts.

Stay happy!
  • ReenieHJ
    Argh, who know it'd be so hard to find a good set of matte black porcelain dishes that don't include mugs that isn't made in China?? I don't want to 'settle' for something I don't really like, for the prices they charge. :(
  • Alinouveau2
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Well looks like I'll be moving at the end of September. Who woulda thunk our offer would be the one to be accepted!

Also congratulations!

Yay thanks!!! We're excited we get to stay in the same area. Plus the new backyard is awesome

So happy for you!!! It's fun doing the search but it's even better to find the house for you!!

Thank you!!! Still a little surprised we didn't think we'd get to stay in this area and upgrade
  • Alinouveau2

I don't think these are regrets per se. I feel you're more thinking of what could have been a different path. As you said the "what-ifs".

As long as you don't wallow it's interesting and kind of fun to think about how different your life could be if you had done this or that. It's neat the paths we take and amazing how all our past experiences shape our current.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,025 Member
    Should not have passed on the freezer pops when I got groceries- 🤦‍♂️ Lesson learned
  • twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 769 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Should not have passed on the freezer pops when I got groceries- 🤦‍♂️ Lesson learned

You can open them up, pour in some vodka, and reseal them with a flat iron. js
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,025 Member

🤯 you gots the good luck ideas
  • twitchymcgee

🤯 you gots the good luck ideas

Just make sure you mark them so the kids don’t get tipsy
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,502 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »

First of all, you look like you’re in your early 30’s. You’re going to rock 40.
    The 40’s were the best years for me. 50’s have been kicking my *kitten*. I’m fighting back tho. ❤️

You definitely are! Keep making that bombass Lemonade out of those lemons ❤
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    I'm ready for the weekend! It's been a hard week at work. 😢
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    The reality of the situation is becoming more and more clear to me.
  • twitchymcgee
    I am anticipating an extremely quiet day at work. Does MFP have any suggestions on how to spend 7ish hours in a pleasant, edifying, & somehow productive way within the confines of an office? Thanks in advance