JFT for Sunday, 6-19
    1. eat breakfast/take morning pills :)
    2. 7500 steps :) 7643
    3. get outside and walk :)
    4. 8 C water :)
    5. No caffeine after noon :)
    6. Do some food shopping :)
    7. meal prep--make yogurt and salad :)
    8. SLEEP! :( bad sleep...better tonight!

I decided that I was feeling good enough to work today, so I am doing a bit of OT...gotta keep saving for home buying and vacation, I am in the home stretch!

JFT for Monday, 6-20
    1. eat breakfast/take morning pills
    2. no grains or sugar
    3. 10000 steps
    4. get outside and walk
    5. do mini workout at home
    6. 8 C water
    7. No caffeine after noon
    8. SLEEP!
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,505 Member
    JFT for 6/20 (today): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugar-free or no sugar added. (last 6/18) No more cookies or Gary's stuff.✔️
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/17)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 6/20✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/18) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/14)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)✔️
    7) No turkey jerky ok today.✔️
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 6/6)✔️
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 6/16)✔️
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.
    ✔️
    JFT for 6/21 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugar-free or no sugar added. (last 6/18) No more cookies or Gary's stuff.
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/17)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 6/23
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/14)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)
    7) No turkey jerky ok today.
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 6/6)
    9) No pumpkin or yam today (last 6/20)
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Park walk.
    2. Duolingo; Lang8?
    3. Dentist 10:50.
    4. Office cleaning. Call dr about prescription.
    5. Update Beanstack.
    6. Finish writing book list script; shoot video?
    7. Update YT and Patreon.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Update WCDP. Dinner: Leftovers. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Tuesday dentist 10:50. Wed library book group beach reads 10:30. Sat livestream. Sun podcast. Sunday 26 crafting at Barley 6P. Monday 27 therapy 10A. Leave for PA Friday or Thurs for split trip.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 209.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist June 21. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy 6/27 10A. Obgyn Oct 14 12:45.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Mar 8 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member

JFT Monday
    1. No candy, cookies, cake or muffins yes
    2. Eat under calorie limit yes by 241
    3. Eat a salad yes
    4. Yoga yes
    5. Fast marching yes

A great day for diet and exercise! But a bad day for distractions. I forgot a zoom meeting until they texted me. Then I burned dinner while I was at the meeting. It was a pot roast and should have been fine simmering away, but nope.

JFT Tuesday
    1. No candy, cookies, cake or muffins
    2. Eat under calorie limit
    3. Dumbbells 40 reps
    4. Buy groceries

Annie
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    If anyone has good info or tips on intermittent fasting, I'd appreciate it. Hubby watched one doctor on YouTube and now wants to try it. I think he's being too extreme with his version.

Recap M 6/20 ~ heat & humidity climbing throughout day
    1) Walked dog before work on gorgeous morning (struggled to get out of bed haha) 3.49 mi. :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :mrgreen: 13/4K 29 floors 14/14 boom!
    3) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water :smiley: net cals green 162, sodium high ack, fiber ok, protein low-ish, calcium low, carbs good, water 96
    4) GA-BJ follow-up audit: watch video & document exceptions / some email backlog / other? eh
    5) Prep clothes & lunch for tomorrow's noon trail hike at area park / boil eggs / wash dishes / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / update calendar for social events / email black bean salsa recipe (sister & SIL)
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray & Calm / 6:00 alarm (PT exercises before work) :) 4.5/5

JFT T 6/21 ~ heat advisory day
    1) PT exercises before work (75F & too warm/humid to walk dog 3+ miles) :smiley: happy me & sad dog
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / noon trail hike at HeNisRa Park
    3) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    4) GA-BJ follow-up audit: watch video & document exceptions / more email backlog / prep webinar summary form for W / print slides for webinar from home computer (work network has again blocked Google drive & Dropbox... sheesh)
    5) Balance bank accts / update budget s/s / update calendar for social events / another ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray & Calm / 5:45 alarm (s/b cool enough to walk dog before work)
    About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K on 10/1/22
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    edited June 2022
    JFT for 6/21 (today): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugar-free or no sugar added. (last 6/18) No more cookies or Gary's stuff.
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/17)
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/14)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)
    9) No pumpkin or yam today (last 6/20)

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Hi my JFTers! I'm back after an unintended but much need break from logging food, etc. every day. Just too much going on. I'll have to catch up with posts I missed later.

Wanted to share that last Sat, I walked in the annual 10K race, in person this year. Yay for not virtual. My knees held up fine, so the PT exercises paid off. I didn't realize until I got home that my bib had a special sticker commemorating my previous times in the race. I loved that.

g0wgnt6r699c.jpg

YAY!!!! You did the Bellin!!!!! I actually wondered if you were walking in it this year! Good for you! You are such an inspiration to me! P.S. You look fantastic!
  • PackerFanInGB
    I am just popping in for a minute to let everyone know I received a response from Hannah today.

She said her and Matt are doing well.
    She said the last 12 months have been
    he🏒🏒ish, but they’re starting to
    come out the other side.

She hopes to be back here soon, she misses us.

Thank you for sharing with us! I'm happy to hear that her and Matt are doing well. I was getting worried!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I've had a crazy busy day.
    Last night our fridge packed in.
    I kept it shut and it lasted the night just enough for the kids to have milk in their cereal this morning.
    I'm completely skint. So I posted on a neighbourhood app thing to see if anyone had a spare and could deliver. They can't deliver but they've got a fridge. I'm not anxiously waiting for my brother to get home from work before 8.30 to take me to get it as he has a van.

On top of that I had our family support worker cone round to help me write a letter to appeal ash's health benefit that they took him off.
    She gave me.loads of pointers and how to write it out. And when she left I beasted out 7 pages of A4 as to why their decision was wrong. My hand aches. Funny how little you write as an adult lol!

But that's finished so other than the fridge. I've just got all my fingers and toes crossed that my brother's home on time

I hope you got the fridge! That's terrible when those go out. I hate throwing away food, and it's not like it's exactly cheap to get a new fridge or food to replace what you throw.

Good luck with the letter for Ash! (((HUGS)))
  • PackerFanInGB
    MFP was not priority yesterday, but back today. We had severe storms Wed. evening, including a confirmed tornado just miles from home. Lots of downed and damaged trees, downed power lines and many, many power outages in the area. Apparently our side of town was hardest hit. Our yard had a few tree limbs & lots of leaves down, no damages, so not too bad. But one neighbor has tall tree snapped off & laying on the roof of their sunroom, another neighbor had a big tree take out their back fence. There are several large trees completely uprooted just one block east AND west of our home. And neighbors across the street for the entire block lost power Wed. which hasn't been restored YET. Thank God our side of the street has power. So yesterday was weird. Started with emergency alert on phone to avoid travel north of specific highway due to downed lines & trees. Great, covers my two usual routes to work. Just before I attempted the drive to work, called by my manager & told no access to the office, 30 min. later getting "permission" from her boss to pick up my work laptop. I understood concerns, but it wasn't like I was going to drive over downed trees or power lines in my little Honda Civic. Ended up taking several detours due to road closures, all for limited ability to work from home. I didn't care. Sort of back to normal today, only just. I'd better make some goals.

Wasn't that crazy???!!! My son, my daughter and my mother were all without power until late Saturday! My son bought a generator for his house right away Thursday morning and he said there was a line of like 50 men there at Harbor Freight when he got there. We had people at our house hanging out in the air conditioning because it was so humid. Luckily we didn't lose our power. Usually it's our block that loses it! We bought a generator also and brought it to my mother's. Now we will have one for future issues. I'm so glad you didn't have major damage. I couldn't believe the size of trees that were actually uprooted!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Janele0627 wrote: »
    Wow, it's been so long - too long - since I've been here. How is everyone?

We closed on the house and we're all moved in! We've been so busy with unpacking and fixing things up.

I also started a new job! I now work at a sanctuary where I take care of cats, and I couldn't be happier

I did lose (or gain back?) about half of the weight loss progress I made, unfortunately, but I did it before and I can do it again...!

Hi! Moving is both exciting and a regular pain in the *kitten* isn't it? Congratulations on closing on your house and getting a new job that you love! I think taking care of cats or dogs would be the best job in the world!

Glad to see you back!
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited June 2022
    Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a good week so far!

It's amazing how much less I get done now that I'm no longer working. I used to roll my eyes at my husband when he'd complain about having 3 appointments in a week, when I'd have 3 meetings before 9 a.m. many days! Now I find myself saying "Self...you can do that tomorrow..." and getting nothing done! I honestly need to do something about that. Procrastination is not a good look on me!

My husband hurt himself cleaning up and helping with stuff after the big storms here that @cschmitz110515 was talking about last week. He had an MRI for meniscal tear in his right knee and now we think he may have torn his bicep tendon. He is in so much pain right now and I wish I could do something to help. He's not a stranger to pain, so I know when he is down, it's bad. He has appointment with Ortho Doc this afternoon to discuss MRI results and treatment for knee, so he will have his arm looked at then also. Prayers and good vibes are welcome! :)

I got results back from Rheumatologist. The awesome news is that I do not have an autoimmune disease! YAY! But the sucky news is that I do have fibromyalgia and all the fun that goes with that. It's a bit disappointing because I really thought a lot of the stuff would go away when I finally got off the chemo meds this month (10 years of hormone blocker), and to find out that it's not going to get better was quite a blow. BUT, I am so grateful to be 10 years out from cancer and released from the Cancer Center's care! So I am trying to research fibromyalgia and see if there is anything I can do to help reduce or alleviate some of the symptoms...heat intolerance/hot flashes, muscle cramping and aching, joint pain, headaches and sleepless nights with major fatigue. I know it may sound like I'm being a hypochondriac but I swear it is a real thing and it's really not fun. But it is what it is, and I believe that taking better care of my body and having a healthier lifestyle might help and that's my goal!

Hope you are all having a great summer so far! :flowerforyou:

Just for Today:
    1. Create 24H Plan and do 24H assessment. Done :smile:
    2. Drink 64 oz of "spa water" from glass pitcher before 6 PM.
    3. Close Activity rings on my watch.
    4. Journal and do Marco Polo to AG
    5. Aldi's run for veggies for tonight's stirfry dinner.
    6. AccuQuilt live video at mother's
    7. Home Care - To-Do's and Ta-Da's (thanks Carmella!)
    8. No BS Replays or Stalls & Plateau's Course. Podcasts.
    9. Evening Routine

No BS 24H Plan
    b0rzzg6id5ht.png
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited June 2022
    Busy weekend wit Father’s Say and sorting out things for DYD who is still positive for Covid and is isolating.
    🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹
    🌹🪷🌹JUNE 2022 🌹🪷🌹
    🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹
    WEEK 3: 15 - 21 June

Focus for June:
    Eat Heathy!
    🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    Move More!
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

Daily DONE Log:
    😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
    😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
    😃😃😃😃😃😃
    Mon 21 June:
    🔹 07.30: Positivity meditation
    🔹 07.45: Wake-up w/out (30)
    🔹 Weighed/recorded weight
    🔹 Sole Mates steps from yesterday posted
    🔹 Herbal tea/supplements
    🔹 Plan/Log food for today
    🔹 Balance macros
    🔹 chores
    🔹 09.50 Breakfast
    🔹 shower/dress
    🔹 phone call from daughter; (isolating with Covid) collect dog food from vets; buy/deliver groceries.
    🔹 12.10: coffee/relax
    🔹 12.50: lunch/clear up/relax
    🔹 13.50: walk (20)
    🔹 gardening planting containers
    🔹 coffee/relax
    🔹 18.15: cook/eat dinner; clear up/relax
    🔹 watch TV
    🔹 9 active hours (Fitbit)
    🔹 7600 + steps
    🔹 Posts JFT/JGM10D/SoleMates
    🔹 Posts UAC/BHHs
    🔹 Posts for WATWs/Women50

🦄 Terri

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

I got results back from Rheumatologist. The awesome news is that I do not have an autoimmune disease! YAY! But the sucky news is that I do have fibromyalgia and all the fun that goes with that. It's a bit disappointing because I really thought a lot of the stuff would go away when I finally got off the chemo meds this month (10 years of hormone blocker), and to find out that it's not going to get better was quite a blow. BUT, I am so grateful to be 10 years out from cancer and released from the Cancer Center's care! So I am trying to research fibromyalgia and see if there is anything I can do to help reduce or alleviate some of the symptoms...heat intolerance/hot flashes, muscle cramping and aching, joint pain, headaches and sleepless nights with major fatigue. I know it may sound like I'm being a hypochondriac but I swear it is a real thing and it's really not fun. But it is what it is, and I believe that taking better care of my body and having a healthier lifestyle might help and that's my goal!

[/spoiler]

It's absolutely a real thing...I've had times when it has been so bad that I have only been able to get out of my apartment by going down stairs on my butt when my legs were too stiff and painful for stairs.

There are things that can make Fibro more livable. Consistent exercise helps. I take Duloxatine, which helps a LOT with nerve pain...unfortunate side effect for me is that it makes me sweat more, but I will take that over constant pain. There are several drugs that you can try for Fibro.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

JFT for Monday, 6-20
    1. eat breakfast/take morning pills :)
    2. no grains or sugar :)
    3. 10000 steps :( 8344
    4. get outside and walk :)
    5. do mini workout at home :(
    6. 8 C water :smiley:
    7. No caffeine after noon :)
    8. SLEEP! :neutral: 5h50m 62 sleep score

JFT for Tuesday, 6-21
    1. eat breakfast/take morning pills
    2. no grains or sugar
    3. 5000 steps
    4. walk at lunch
    5. rest day...take nap?
    6. 8 C water
    7. No caffeine after noon
    8. SLEEP!
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 6/21 (today): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugar-free or no sugar added. (last 6/18) No more cookies or Gary's stuff.✔️
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/17)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 6/23✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/14)✔️(Don't count the little bit in the honey mustard.)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)✔️
    7) No turkey jerky ok today.✔️
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 6/6)✔️
    9) No pumpkin or yam today (last 6/20)✔️
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.✔️
    JFT for 6/22 (tomorrow): ✔️
    2) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/17)
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/14) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 6/20)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member

JFT Tuesday
    1. No candy, cookies, cake or muffins yes
    2. Eat under calorie limit yes by 248
    3. Dumbbells 40 reps yes
    4. Buy groceries yes

A good day! Even though I have this mysterious pain in my side like I pulled an oblique muscle while sleeping. So bizarre. I kept thinking the dumbbell exercises would hurt, and I was ready to skip some but I didn't need to. Yay!

JFT Wednesday
    1. No candy, cookies, cake or muffins
    2. Eat under calorie limit
    3. Yoga
    4. Fast marching

Annie
  • PackerFanInGB

It's absolutely a real thing...I've had times when it has been so bad that I have only been able to get out of my apartment by going down stairs on my butt when my legs were too stiff and painful for stairs.

There are things that can make Fibro more livable. Consistent exercise helps. I take Duloxatine, which helps a LOT with nerve pain...unfortunate side effect for me is that it makes me sweat more, but I will take that over constant pain. There are several drugs that you can try for Fibro.

Oh my gosh! I didn't realize you had fibro! I know you have pain but my memory sucks and I couldn't remember the cause. I'm so sorry you deal with this. You are too young to feel so crappy.

It's just been years and years of me telling my doctor that I'm so fatigued that I struggle to do anything and that I don't feel "sick" per se, but I do not feel GOOD. It's so hard to explain. I really don't know what to think about it all yet. I'm still mulling it all over.

Thanks for your reply!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I've had a crazy busy day.
    Last night our fridge packed in.
    I kept it shut and it lasted the night just enough for the kids to have milk in their cereal this morning.
    I'm completely skint. So I posted on a neighbourhood app thing to see if anyone had a spare and could deliver. They can't deliver but they've got a fridge. I'm not anxiously waiting for my brother to get home from work before 8.30 to take me to get it as he has a van.

On top of that I had our family support worker cone round to help me write a letter to appeal ash's health benefit that they took him off.
    She gave me.loads of pointers and how to write it out. And when she left I beasted out 7 pages of A4 as to why their decision was wrong. My hand aches. Funny how little you write as an adult lol!

But that's finished so other than the fridge. I've just got all my fingers and toes crossed that my brother's home on time

I hope you got the fridge! That's terrible when those go out. I hate throwing away food, and it's not like it's exactly cheap to get a new fridge or food to replace what you throw.

Good luck with the letter for Ash! (((HUGS)))

Lol glad you replied to this cause I forgot to update!

My brother got concerned about who I was getting a free fridge off. It was a 1980s fridge. The guy was being shady like not giving us an address, just the road and he would come out and meet us and take us to the specific house and I'm taking it on the premise that I don't return it? All weird stipulations.. In the end my brother said it sounds dodgy and I would rather you have a fridge that would last you because that ones 40 years old lol!!!!
    So he paid for a different second hand one and it's amazing. I love it!
    And my dad's going to reimburse my brother and he managed to collect it same day.
    Alot of stuff had gone off. But there wasn't much in the fridge anyways so not too bad!