JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    vcmqp2uuscnv.jpg
    We got "Big Macced" last night LOL.
    Ash heard some drunk lads near the house last night. We have a passage at the side of our house. The dog naturally started barking and he heard them say "stop that effing dog barking". Anyway he left it. Thought they're just messing about. But he went shop at midnight because we just got paid and we needed some stuff for the morning only to find they smeared their Big Mac on the window!

We weren't too bothered. Just wiped it off. It was more just inconvenient and gross. But young lads do daft stuff and we both agreed we'd rather it be a Big Mac than a brick. And he said if he had gone out he'd probably have the burgers chucked at him.

I was just thinking what on earth was going through their minds πŸ˜‚
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Park walk.
    2. Duolingo; Lang8?
    3. Book group 10:30. Visit family.
    4. Office cleaning. Call dr about prescription.
    5. Update Beanstack.
    6. Finish writing book list script; shoot video?
    7. Update YT and Patreon.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Update WCDP. Dinner: Leftovers. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Tuesday dentist 10:50. Wed library book group beach reads 10:30. Sat livestream. Sun podcast. Sunday 26 crafting at Barley 6P. Monday 27 therapy 10A. Leave for PA Friday or Thurs for split trip.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 207.8

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist June 21. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy 6/27 10A. Obgyn Oct 14 12:45.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Mar 8 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    edited June 2022
    @PackerFanInGB Thanks on the Bellin! Due my knee overuse injury and not having walked even 4 miles since, I was a bit nervous to start. But I finished better than I expected and no re-injury, so happy me! Sorry about Tim's injuries, hope he recovers well. That storm damage was no joke. Sorry about your fibro diagnosis, too, and for @azulvioleta6, that sucks. But YAY for 10 years cancer-free!

Welcome back @Janele0627! Glad to "see" you again, and congrats on the house & new job!

Recap T 6/21 ~ heat advisory day WHEW! :sweat_smile:
    1) PT exercises before work (75F & too warm/humid to walk dog 3+ miles) :smiley: happy me & sad dog
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / noon trail hike at HeNisRa Park ~ just over 1 mile with only me, Sue & Mark, we had to switch trails due to downed trees, had lots of fun, very hot, humid, sweaty, glad we all brought water bottles :sweat_smile: Only 1 tick this time, and I didn't freak out quite as much LOL. 9.7K 24 floors 12/14 :smiley:
    3) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water :D Net cals -97 close enough! Sodium high-ish, fiber excellent, protein & calcium a little low, carbs -16, water 96oz
    4) GA-BJ follow-up audit: watch video & document exceptions set up & prepped follow-up docs, took way longer than I thought / more email backlog / prep webinar summary form for W / download slides for webinar from home computer (work network has again blocked Google drive & Dropbox... sheesh) ~ sent to hubby, who did for me (only took 2 tries) & emailed back = yay! :smiley:
    5) Balance bank accts / update budget s/s / update calendar for social events / another ta-da? yes :)
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray & Calm / 5:45 alarm (s/b cool enough to walk dog before work) = 3.5/5

JFT W 6/22 ~ humidity dropped overnight, temps a bit too = YAY
    1) Walked dog 3.16 mi before work :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace during webinar
    3) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    4) Webinar 10-12 / complete webinar summary form, pdf & digital sign / email John for Chat / GA-BJ surveillance video / document observations / keep up w/ emails
    5) Bank on way home / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / update calendar for social events / register for Cancer Prevention Study sub-study (deadline July 3) / city band concert 7:30 St. James Park / another ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray & Calm / 5:45 alarm (walk dog before work)

Yesterday after work, I turned onto our street to see a huge truck/crane in neighbor's driveway (the one across the street with trees laying on roof). Hubby, dog, I and several other neighbors watched tree service work at clearing snapped & fallen trees. I estimated trees 30-40 ft. high, hubby thought higher. One worker w/ chain saw was lifted by crane so he could chain the top of a broken tree to be lifted. We watched the crane operator lift several trees from back of the house, maneuver them around the chimney and street light, and set them down on edge of street. Wow. After first tree, our neighbor Sue asked if she should move her car (parked on street b/c another work truck was parked in her driveway next to us) and so she moved her car to our driveway. Good thing, those trees were huge and came close to where her car had been. Workers were amazing, even got on roof & leaf-blowed, and removed all trees and limbs from street before nightfall. A little light entertainment for us last night. hahaha
    About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K on 10/1/22 (price goes up July 1)
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member

Just for Today:
    1. Create 24H Plan and do 24H assessment. Done :smile:
    2. Drink 64 oz of "spa water" from glass pitcher before 6 PM. :smile:
    3. Close Activity rings on my watch. :)
    4. Journal and do Marco Polo to AG :)Journaling done :(Marco Polo moved to Wednesday.
    5. Aldi's run for veggies for tonight's stirfry dinner. :(Full grocery shopping today instead
    6. AccuQuilt live video at mother's :)Happy mother, happy me.
    7. Home Care - To-Do's and Ta-Da's (thanks Carmella!) :)Bills done, decluttered desk, crockpot of Maddie food, kitchen declutter
    8. No BS Replays or Stalls & Plateau's Course. Podcasts. :)
    9. Evening Routine :)Coffeemaker set. Reading done. Alarm set. Dogs taken care of.

@cschmitz110515 It's amazing to watch these tree removal services work! We have trees around here being taken down and cut up that have to be 100 years old! WPS workers and tree guys are like magicians with the precision they handle them. Thanks for the congrats on the 10 year mark! I've waited for this day for....well, 10 years! haha! Pretty exciting to be discharged from the Oncology Clinic, but kind of scary too.

@Bex953172 Yea on the new-to-you fridge! I think your brother made the right call on that sketchy guy. We replaced our fridge last year and although I hate buying new appliances, I do love it when we get a newer one. BIG MAC'D!!!! I'm glad it wasn't a brick too! But my first thought is...how could anyone give up a Big Mac like that????? A cheeseburger, maybe...but a Big Mac? My mouth is drooling just thinking about it! LMAO

Tim saw the ortho yesterday and we are both so happy to hear that he may not need surgery on either his knee or his arm! The ortho did not feel his bicep tendon is torn. He feels he overused his arm shoveling dirt the other day and the arthritis in his elbow is inflamed. There is actually fluid around his elbow and it is puffy and red. So that is awesome! No MRI bills and no surgery! Whoop Whoop! He also felt that his knee can be treated with injection and steroids every 6 months. So another Whoop Whoop! We just might be able to go out in the boat and do some fishing after all! :)

Happy Hump Day friends! :flowerforyou:

Just for Today:
    2. Drink 64 oz of "spa water" from glass pitcher before 6 PM.
    3. Close Activity rings on my watch.
    4. Journal and do Marco Polo to AG
    5. Grocery shopAlso, ping.
    6. Veggie & Fruit prep. Fill salad bar containers and stack in fridge.
    7. Home Care - To-Do's and Ta-Da's (thanks Hannah & Carmella!)
    8. No BS Replays or Stalls & Plateau's Course. Podcasts.
    9. Evening Routine

WOTY 2022: Intentional
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,571 Member
    JFT for 6/22 (today): βœ”οΈ
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugar-free or no sugar added. (last 6/18) No more cookies or Gary's stuff.
    2) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/17)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 6/23
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/14) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)
    7) No turkey jerky ok today.
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 6/6)
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 6/20)
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I finish my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    edited June 2022
    🌹πŸͺ·πŸŒΉπŸͺ·πŸŒΉπŸͺ·πŸŒΉπŸͺ·πŸŒΉ
    🌹πŸͺ·πŸŒΉJUNE 2022 🌹πŸͺ·πŸŒΉ
    🌹πŸͺ·πŸŒΉπŸͺ·πŸŒΉπŸͺ·πŸŒΉπŸͺ·πŸŒΉ
    WEEK 4: 22 - 28 June

Focus for June:
    Eat Heathy!
    πŸ₯—πŸ₯—πŸ₯—πŸ₯—πŸ₯—πŸ₯—πŸ₯—
    πŸ₯—
    Move More!
    πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    πŸ’ƒπŸΌ

Daily DONE Log:
    πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
    πŸ˜ƒ
    Wed 22 June:
    πŸ”Ή 07.05: Wake-up w/out (45)
    πŸ”Ή Weighed/recorded weight
    πŸ”Ή Sole Mates steps from yesterday posted
    πŸ”Ή Herbal tea/supplements
    πŸ”Ή Plan/Log food for today
    πŸ”Ή Balance macros
    πŸ”Ή chores
    πŸ”Ή Breakfast
    πŸ”Ή shower/dress
    πŸ”Ή Weekly grocery shopping
    πŸ”Ή declutter fridge/ put groceries away
    πŸ”Ή 11.00: coffee/relax
    πŸ”Ή Gardening
    πŸ”Ή 12.50: lunch/clear up/relax
    πŸ”Ή 13.50: walk (20)
    πŸ”Ή coffee/relax
    πŸ”Ή Crochet
    πŸ”Ή 18.15: eat dinner; clear up/relax
    πŸ”Ή watch TV
    πŸ”Ή 8 active hours (Fitbit)
    πŸ”Ή 7600 + steps
    πŸ”Ή Posts JFT/JGM10D/SoleMates
    πŸ”Ή Posts UAC/BHHs
    πŸ”Ή Posts for WATWs/Women50

πŸ¦„ Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    Fibromyalgia: It’s definitely a real thing. I have one friend who has it, so I know how much it impacts her life. (((Hugs)))

@Bex953172 What a great brother.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,033 Member

JFT Wednesday
    1. No candy, cookies, cake or muffins yes
    2. Eat under calorie limit yes by 447
    3. Yoga yes
    4. Fast marching yes

Another good day for diet and exercise. I slept all morning so the routine was busted. I got my exercise done in the afternoon so I didn't eat in the afternoon and ended up too low in calories. Under 1000 is too low for me. I'm trying to ignore the little voice saying I can afford a cookie. The first one is not the problem! And I forgot about my salad. Oh well.

JFT Thursday
    1. No candy, cookies, cake or muffins
    2. Eat under calorie limit
    3. Dumbbells 40 reps
    4. Horseback riding

Annie
  • Anniesquats100
    Yay for the new fridge!
    Yay for avoiding surgery for Tim!
    Boo for fibromyalgia. Sounds like they are at least closer to figuring it out. Good luck with it, both of you!

Annie
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 6/22 (today): βœ”οΈ
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugar-free or no sugar added. (last 6/18) No more cookies or Gary's stuff.βœ”οΈ
    2) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/17)βœ”οΈ
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 6/23βœ”οΈ
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.βœ”οΈ
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/14) (a little in honey mustard ok)βœ”οΈ
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)βœ”οΈ
    7) No turkey jerky ok today.βœ”οΈ
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 6/6)βœ”οΈ
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 6/20)βœ”οΈDidn't eat today.
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.βœ”οΈ

JFT for 6/23 (tomorrow): βœ”οΈ
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugar-free or no sugar added. (last 6/18) No more cookies or Gary's stuff.
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/22)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 6/23
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/22) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/14) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.
    11) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,728 Member

JFT Monday
    - Up at 6:30 :neutral: up, but not out of bed
    - Work by 8:00 :neutral: 8:05 got caught by a train
    - Morning meetings :smiley:
    - Do mom's bills :smiley:
    - Call Medicare :smiley:
    - Call HomeServe :smiley: the need a copy of the POA before they will talk to me
    - Audits at work :(
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Stay green :smiley:
    - Drop off watch :smiley:
    - Go for a walk :smiley:
    - Home by 8:00 :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Happy Monday y'all!

Yesterday was very stressful. Mom had an episode of what I can only call paranoid delusion. She texted me to come over because she was terrified. When I got there she was a mess. She was convinced she had sold her house to someone on Facebook and that the money had disappeared from her account. It took me about an hour to convince her that none of this had happened. Her dementia is getting worse sooner than I anticipated. Hopefully, this is an isolated incident, but I need to start preparing for the next steps. She told me last year when she was more on top of things that she wanted to go to a home rather than have someone in her home. Now she thinks she is going to go to her sister's house who is a nurse. She has a whole story about how they have worked this out, but when I talked to my aunt that isn't the case. Delusions are part of the disease I wasn't prepared for. I guess I need to do more research on dementia.

When I finally got back to work, I was rather distracted and didn't get a lot done. After work I dropped of the watch to a friend and then decided to go for my walk in town. I started from the Y and was going to walk 2 miles to the gas station downtown to get water then head back. Unfortunately, the gas station was 3 miles away not 2 and it was 95 degrees with crazy high humidity and zero shade. I got way low on fluids before I got to the water stop. Hubby happened to call while I was getting water and decided me walking the 3 miles back in the heat was not a good idea, so I cut my walk short. 3 miles is better than no miles...

Dinner was yummy, but I ate an extra helping of mac & cheese. Didn't take me over calories, but I really didn't need to eat it. I was even full, I just wanted it and there was only one spoon left in the pan... I felt miserable. When will I learn?

This morning was a little crazy. Sierra's car is in the shop so she is taking my car to work which means I took Vanessa's car to work. Vanessa's car had a low tire. I went to the gas station to put air in it and the air pump was broken. Luckily Tim pulled in and pumped the tire with a bike pump.

JFT Tuesday
    - Up at 7:00 :smiley:
    - Weigh :( totally forgot
    - Work by 8:00 :neutral: 8:06
    - Meetings ALL DAY LONG
    - Pick up Sierra's car
    - May or may not make it to the bike ride this evening. Depending on when I pick up Sierra's car.
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:30

Happy Tuesday y'all!

I’m way behind, but saw this post about your Mom.
    Check out the book called Truth, Lies and Alzheimer’s It’s secret Faces by Lisa Skinner.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,728 Member
    As mentioned I’m way behind and my weight shows it.

I had a small little vacation and had a lot on the go so was tired.

JFT - June 23
    1.5L water
    Log all food
    Exercise - 10 Minutes
  • Anniesquats100
    Update I had some ham and two cookies late last night so I busted my first goal. My willpower dissolves when I am under 1000 calories.

Annie
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    edited June 2022
    Hi everyone. Sorry I've been out of touch, but there's a lot going on with both work and family. Some of it has been stressful, and I've gotten completely off track. Unfortunately, I haven't been logging or exercising, and I've been making lots of poor food choices. I've completely abandoned the June challenge. Today I'll be chasing down the early college students who didn't turn in final papers, working on grades, doing laundry, packing for vacation, and trying not to worry too much about one family member in the hospital and another going through some tough personal issues. I am SO looking forward to a week away!

Too many items on my to-do list, but I'll try to make better food choices and maybe squeeze in a walk. Thinking of you all and hoping you all have a good day :)
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    JFT - June 23
    Exercise - 30 Minutes on my treadmill
    Log all food, not just the healthy ones!
    Don't let stress dictate my success

Thanks for accepting me into your group! In the last six months, I have gained 30 pounds! Not making excuses, but I lost my Dad to COVID, my Mom to ALS, and my mother-in-law. I've handled all of the finance, planning, and estate details. Every time I feel stressed I ate and ate some more. Tuesday I started trying to get back to me...then today was blessed to find this group :)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Recap W 6/22 ~ humidity dropped overnight, temps a bit too = YAY
    1) Walked dog 3.16 mi before work :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace during webinar :smiley: 13.4K 21 floors 14/14 boom!
    3) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water :smiley: happy me net cals green 418, sodium green yay, fiber excellent, protein spot on, carbs green yay, calcium low-ish, 96 oz. water
    4) Webinar 10-12 / complete webinar summary form, pdf & digital sign / email John for Chat ~ not rec'd (resend request?) / GA-BJ surveillance video / document observations ~ issues to discuss w/ MG / keep up w/ emails
    5) Bank on way home / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / update calendar for social events / register for Cancer Prevention Study sub-study (deadline July 3) / city band concert 7:30 St. James Park / another ta-da? minor but TA-DA
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray & Calm / 5:45 alarm (walk dog before work) oops

JFT R 6/23 ~ listened to my body, reset alarm & skipped dog walk before work
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace during webinar
    2) Meals prelogged & have wiggle room for snacks / net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    3) Discuss video, ask for directions w/ MG :smiley: / staff meeting 9:30 (Teams) / Facebook Live video / webinar 2-3 / complete webinar summary form, pdf & digital sign / download/print CPE cert / submit cert & summary to LC / GA-BJ surveillance video / document observations / keep up w/ emails
    4) Refill bird baths & feeders / register for Cancer Prevention Study sub-study (deadline July 3) / another ta-da?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray & Calm / 5:45 alarm (walk dog before work)

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K on 10/1/22 (price goes up July 1)
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    edited June 2022
    JFT for 6/23 (today): βœ”οΈ
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/22)
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 6/27
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/22) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    11) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I eat my applesauce, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    edited June 2022

Just for Today:
    2. Drink 64 oz of "spa water" from glass pitcher before 6 PM. :(Need to try harder to get this in daily!
    3. Close Activity rings on my watch. :)
    4. Journal and do Marco Polo to AG :smile: No MP, but did a lot of writing/journaling. Was good and insightful.
    5. Grocery shopping. :smile:
    6. Veggie & Fruit prep. Fill salad bar containers and stack in fridge. :#Started it. Finish up Thursday.
    7. Home Care - To-Do's and Ta-Da's (thanks Hannah & Carmella!) :)
    8. No BS Replays or Stalls & Plateau's Course. Podcasts. :smile: Podcasts and Replays.
    9. Evening Routine :smile: Coffeemaker, alarm, meds, teeth, clean up kitchen and counters, dogs.

@TerriRichardson112 Thanks for sharing about your friend. I go to my family provider tomorrow and hopefully he will have some suggestions to quiet some of it down. It was a difficult night trying to sleep.

@beachwalker99 I'm sorry to hear about all the stress and that your family is struggling in different ways. It sure can derail us when people we love are hurting. (((hugs)))

@robinhardysmall Hi! Welcome to the group! I'm so sorry to hear about your losses! What a difficult time you've had. It's hard to pick ourselves up after losses like that and I think it's pretty normal to gain weight during emotional stress. I'm glad you are here! (((gentle hugs)))

Happy Thursday! I had a difficult evening trying to sleep so I'm dragging *kitten* today! Normally, I would graze my way through the day, nibbles of this and tastes of that...but today I'm focusing on asking myself if I'm actually hungry before I eat or if I'm eating for entertainment. If I don't have any physical hunger signals, I will pick something from my list: Start working on the Quilt Along, read a book, declutter, write, take a drive, self mani/pedi or watch a movie.

I'm wondering if anyone else on here has a membership to a gym that they never use? I'm embarrassed to say, I've been paying for a membership for years (not expensive, but still...) and I need to either use it or cancel it. It's silly to keep throwing money away for something I won't use. BUT, I want to try it before I cancel it. Maybe now that I'm not working anymore and have the time, it would be something I'd enjoy? The only thing is, for some reason, I'm afraid to go. My knees suck, my muscles ache and my joints hurt. I have hot flashes all day long that are horrible. And I'm embarrassed of how little I'd be able to do. I know it's silly and nobody else cares how much I can do. Logically, I know this. Logically, I know that the more I exercise the better I'll feel and the more I'll be able to do. But for some reason, I'm just really anxious about going that first time. Anyone else ever feel this way? If so, how did you get past it? My goal is to go next by the end of next week or cancel...

I hope you all have a great day!

Just for Today:
    2. Drink 64 oz of "spa water" from glass pitcher before 6 PM.
    3. Close Activity rings on my watch.
    4. Journal and do Marco Polo to AG
    5. Start Erica Arndth Quilt Along, block #1.
    6. Veggie & Fruit prep. Fill salad bar containers and stack in fridge.
    7. Home Care - To-Do's and Ta-Da's (thanks Hannah & Carmella!)
    8. No BS Replays or Stalls & Plateau's Course. Podcasts.
    9. Evening Routine

WOTY 2022: Intentional