Exercise from Apple Watch not syncing

Options
12346»

Answers

• green8039
    green8039 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been using the app for two months with no issues. My daily run is recording on the Apple Watch and has been automatically logged to exercise in the app. After this recent upgrade of MyFitness Pal the run metrics does not log, just shows steps. Any ideas why the other exercise metrics recording on my watch do not log?
  • number3456
    number3456 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know in other posts that you are aware of this issue but it is very iritating that with the "new" app you still have not fixed this.
  • p197330
    p197330 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Since the new update to MFP it doesn’t recognise steps or Apple Watch exercises. They are not syncing with MFP. I too have raised a ticket and heard nothing. It appears many others here have the same issue. Quite how a tech support department can release what must clearly be an untested package is beyond shocking. In any other organisation heads would roll and the new release rolled back with a big apology. Now MFP is useless.
  • SheerVelvet
    SheerVelvet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Same. So frustrating.
  • embeay715
    embeay715 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MrCooling wrote: »
    There is another workaround which I discovered today by accident.
    On iPhone:
    In Diary view: at the top of the page, where it has "Calories Remaining" there are 3 dots on the right-hand side.
    Tap them.
    New screen appears called "Custom Dashboard".
    Tap "Calories Focussed" - even if you already have it set to that.
    It will refresh and the screen will automatically change back to your diary...and it will import your day's Apple Workouts.

Typing it out makes if sound far more time consuming than it is!
    It takes two taps and about 2 seconds.

No idea why that works, but it does.

This worked for me when the usual fixes did not.
  • delmamsjuiceybohannon
    Options
    Same I’m pist
  • stuman74
    stuman74 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Using MFP for over 9 years with a streak at 3439, this latest update a couple weeks ago really sucks. Weight entries and exercise from Apple Health are no longer automatically importing. The home screen just to get to my weight tracking is slow and choppy and requires to scroll down. When will this be fixed???
  • bikerteacher
    bikerteacher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My fitness pal only gives credit for exercise and steps-- not total active calories (these are calculated on my Garmin), correct? My remaining calories are always a little different between my Garmin app and my fitness pal app. Which is a better reference??
  • MattVonOel1965
    MattVonOel1965 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The issue persists and none of the suggested workarounds, e.g. newsfeed or calorie focused is working. It's unacceptable that for the price of the premium app UA is not capable of solving this. I won't renew my subscription just to track my calories; there are better and cheaper solutions out there. It's amazing to read how many people complain but MFP doesn't seem to care. Maybe going to well with the business....
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The issue persists and none of the suggested workarounds, e.g. newsfeed or calorie focused is working. It's unacceptable that for the price of the premium app UA is not capable of solving this. I won't renew my subscription just to track my calories; there are better and cheaper solutions out there. It's amazing to read how many people complain but MFP doesn't seem to care. Maybe going to well with the business....

Contact them and tell the service rep the workarounds aren't working for you. They got back to me in less than 24 hours.
  • chabrown1
    chabrown1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just as an example:

Yesterday I burned 677 calories through a combination of cardio and strength exercises over 120 minutes.

According to MFP I burned 44 calories over 1 minute of exercise with no strength training.

Linking up with Apple Health is not exactly new technology, and the previous version of MFP worked fine. I cannot believe that the new version of MFP does not work and that this is not an easy problem to fix. I am an Apple programmer and this is pretty easy stuff.

Talk about unbelievably sloppy programming and poor quality control.
  • captmandy
    captmandy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok getting really frustrated with this not syncing up even though it says it is.
    I did a heavy workout and it’s only saying 11 calories burned.

This has been going on since they updated the app w a new look.

Fix it guys! This app is good but I don’t have time to constantly mess with it to try to get it to sync up
    & update. (When it’s random & does it on its own at times.)
This discussion has been closed.