Less Alcohol ~ JUNE 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

14567810»

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,551 Member
    I'm Dawn
    I joined this thread in November 2018. I had my first AF day soon thereafter. It was hard! I stayed with one AF day per week for awhile and then gradually increased that.

I will continue on with what has been attainable for me, 16-20 AF days per month. So trying to keep it to 3A days per week or less.
    I am drinking less for weight loss. 20 more pounds to shed still.

Diary Style

Friday June 24 - 2 drinks. I almost do the drunkorexic thing sometimes. I definitely do not eat healthy food when I have alcohol. I substitute calories for drinks and badder things. Planned drinks Saturday afternoon
    Saturday June 25 - Drinks throughout the afternoon and evening. Nice and hot here, and I got lots done in the yard (although it looks like I barely made a dent. Sunday will be another to work in the yard all day, planning AF
    Sunday June 26 - AF - Always happy to hit my 16 : - ) No plan for drinks days this week as yet other than the weekend. Without a plan I don't always do as well, so I will think about that.
    Monday June 27 - AF - Got some good hours in the garden after work
    Tuesday June 28 - 2 drinks - stress induced which I really try not to do, but it worked to relax me. Going to try to stay AF now until the weekend.

Rolling total: 17AF days out of 28 days
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    HEY GANG 🇺🇸 it's here just in time to help curb those 4th Of July binges.

Don't forget to jump on over to the NEW monthlly thread for JULY starting 7/01/2022

*click the link below to get there fast:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10868202/less-alcohol-july-2022-one-day-at-a-time#latest

Thank you! Looking forward to it!

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Late to the party here - guilty of over-working (wish I was invited to a party).....

Everyone is doing so good! We're about to dive into July...it's the perfect time to look to your future and challenge it and yourself...:)

This month my accomplishments have been to visit @dawnbgethealthy, a lovely kind spirited person, and have myself a reset from work to get my "mojo" back in order, I joined the weigh-in challenge and like it since now I've dropped a few lbs., thankfully I re-started weights and running, and I have developed greater awareness of my consumption, and I've tried to stick to max 2 drinks most days (which I did most of the time on vacation), anyways, time to kick it up a notch for me, thanks to you all for keeping me progressing forward!

If anyone is interested in doing a 30 or 60 day no drinks challenge after July 4, let me know!

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    June accountability: 12 days AF
    Alcohol: 17 days (33.5 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

6/1 - 2 glasses wine; DH returned to work after a month off and gave a 10 day notice retiring / resigning
    6/2 - AF
    6/3 - 2 wine
    6/4 - 2 beers; Brother in law’s retirement party at Karbach Brewing
    6/5 - AF
    6/6 - 3 wine
    My sister joined us, issues with mom, workers at my house, a little overwhelmed today which is no excuse but it is what it is … not denying that I drank 3 glasses.
    6/7 - 2 wine
    6/8 - AF; babysit granddaughter
    6/9 - 2 wine
    6/10 - AF; DH’s last day @ work. He joined me in retirement!
    6/11 - AF
    6/12 - 1 rum & diet coke
    6/13 - 1 beer before 🇪🇸 (Spanish Class)
    6/14 - AF
    6/15 - AF 📚
    6/16 - AF 🎯 (Sporting Clays)
    6/17 - 3 wine
    6/18 - AF
    6/19 - 2 wine
    6/20 - AF
    6/21 - 3 wine
    6/22 - AF
    6/23 - 2 Torchy’s Tinis
    6/24 - 2 wine
    6/25 - AF
    6/26 - 2 wine
    6/27 - 1/2 wine; My son & I split the last glass of wine in a bottle that was in the fridge
    6/28 - 1 wine; celebratory glass with DH, my daughter, son-in-law … cheers
    6/29 - 3 wine
    6/30 -

Last night I was back home and really fighting emotions as well as stress due to trying to finish reviewing the contracts with my mother and sister who are going to the closing Thursday morning. I'm the one that negotiated and also dealt with the buyer, his real estate agent, lawyers and title company. So trying to catch them up remotely while they finished cleaning out the house down there.

Unfortunately we had more wine bottles in the rack and I was the one that opened the 2nd bottle. DH and I each had 1 glass from the 2nd bottle and then recorked it for another day. So yep I had 3 glasses and broke my no more than 2 nights in a row target.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,551 Member
    I'm Dawn
    I joined this thread in November 2018. I had my first AF day soon thereafter. It was hard! I stayed with one AF day per week for awhile and then gradually increased that.

I will continue on with what has been attainable for me, 16-20 AF days per month. So trying to keep it to 3A days per week or less.
    I am drinking less for weight loss. 20 more pounds to shed still.

Diary Style

Friday June 24 - 2 drinks. I almost do the drunkorexic thing sometimes. I definitely do not eat healthy food when I have alcohol. I substitute calories for drinks and badder things. Planned drinks Saturday afternoon
    Saturday June 25 - Drinks throughout the afternoon and evening. Nice and hot here, and I got lots done in the yard (although it looks like I barely made a dent. Sunday will be another to work in the yard all day, planning AF
    Sunday June 26 - AF - Always happy to hit my 16 : - ) No plan for drinks days this week as yet other than the weekend. Without a plan I don't always do as well, so I will think about that.
    Monday June 27 - AF - Got some good hours in the garden after work
    Tuesday June 28 - 2 drinks - stress induced which I really try not to do, but it worked to relax me. Going to try to stay AF now until the weekend.
    Wednesday June 29 - AF - I plan to be AF Thursday as well and hit 19AF days for the month. Canada Day Celebrations on Friday July 1st. I am off of work at 3:00 and the festivities start at 2:00 at a park right by my house. I will miss all of the dignitaries' speeches, so that works out perfectly lol.

Rolling total: 18AF days out of 29 days
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited July 2022
    Wrapping up June. Lost sight of my goals toward the end but did hit my 12 day target this month!

June accountability: 12 days AF
    Alcohol: 18 days (36.5 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

MUCH BETTER than the last couple of months.
    2022 Summary
    Jan - AF 11/31 days (42 drinks)
    Feb - AF 8/28 days (38 drinks)
    Mar - AF 17/31 days (29 drinks)
    Apr - AF 7/30 days (55.5 drinks)
    May - AF 5/31 days (53 drinks)
    June - AF 12/30 days (36.5 drinks)
    DH joined me in Mar

BRING ON JULY!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10868202/less-alcohol-july-2022-one-day-at-a-time#latest
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member