• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,375 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 57min 27sec, 111elev, 3.02ap, 95ahr, 122mhr, 6.27mi= 573c
    Strava app = 714c
    Walk home to gym- 9.59min, .52mi= 56c
    Strava app = 60c
    Treadmill jog- 30min, 5.7-5.8sp for 2.75mi then 7.0-8.0sp for rest, 143ahr, 173mhr, 10.38min mi, 2.89mi= 312c
    Walk gym to home- 10.41min, .57mi= 63c
    Strava app = .65c

Total cal 1004
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Katla--Sending prayers and hugs for you and your family. Glad to hear children are coming and your niece is with you.

Allie--Glad it was good news at the doctor. Sorry you had to worry.

Keren--Welcome, this is a great group for friendship and support. Barbie starts us off new each month. Just jump in whenever and where ever you are comfortable.

Annie--Sending BIG HUGS!

Heather--You look so pretty and fun. Glad your trip is going well. I am so enjoying it with you.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    <3B)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    Heather: Those pics remind me so much of Norway! 😂

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Terri - just an fyi I sent you a pm
    Kim
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »

Tomorrow is my last day of work!

And life changes again.

Machka in Oz

Are you going to retire from work?
    I wish!!

I'm only 55 ... people my age aren't eligible to retire here till 67. I've got at least another 12 years to go!

In January, I got 2 jobs. One is a permanent position, the other a 6-month position. Before I even started with the permanent position, I arranged with the permanent position to second me to the 6-month position. :) The 6-month position is finished and next month I will, at last, start with the permanent position.

I have yet to officially work a day with the permanent position (despite the fact that I've been on their books for 6 months), but I have been over there for meetings a few times so I've met everyone and have conversed by email.

Gotta love COVID!

M in Oz

Just wanted to explain this a little bit further ...

When we all went into shutdown in 2020, people reassessed their lives, and many grew restless.

At the same time, COVID opened up a whole heap of jobs. Temporary jobs, at first, but as time has gone by, there has been increased spending on health and some of the jobs have morphed into being more permanent.

So people decided to make changes in their lives. Some work less (opening up more jobs). Some have gone for different jobs that may suit them better for one reason or another.

There has been a great deal of job movement.

The department I worked in for 8 years with a very stable workforce has blown apart - at least half of us have moved to a different position either temporarily or permanently. And that department is certainly not the only one.

As it happened, I finished my degree and graduated in December 2020, then applied for a job within my department which I didn't get ... and then, as all sorts of jobs started opening up, I applied for 7 more. My 2 job thing was only possible because someone was seconded to a COVID department and everyone shuffled one chair over (so to speak) ... and I came in for 6 months of backfill.

At the same time, I also dropped one day per fortnight ... down to a 9 day fortnight because my reassessment indicated I needed that extra day for my own stuff.

So for better or worse, COVID has shaken things up. It has been destructive but it has also created opportunities.

M in Oz

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Worked today then cut the grass (weeds). Went in the pool, had dinner then went to Aldi since Vince needed milk. Half hour and $117 later, I was home. Went for a walk tonight after we hung up the placque.

Tracey – The placque is glaze. What is it that you don’t know how you feel about the new job? Cute gd

KJ – we used to have a sprinkler that “rode” on the hose. Check this out. This way you won’t have to constantly go out and move the hose, the sprinkler moves where you have the hose

Leslie – hugs

Carol GA – I bought this pantsuit quite a few years ago at the Salvation Army. It was only 99 cents. I thought I’d wear it, but I never did so I’m going to redonate it.

Mary – sounds like Newcomers (eating). I swear all they do is sit and eat. The bowling is probably the most active activity we have. Sit and play games/cards, that they do AFTER they eat. Sad in a way

Allie – happy birthday girlfriend!

Beth – so glad you are safe and only the car was messed up. The deer are something else! So sorry to hear about your husband

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Katla - thinking of you, your DH and delighted to hear your kids will be there to help and be supportive of you.

Happy birthday to the June birthdays

Beth - I remember the drilling my dad gave me Feathers/Fur, slow down if possible but your life and the lives of those entrusted to you as the driver are the first priority. Fast forward 10 ish years and I got my school bus drivers license the class was taught by a police officer (10 -6 hour sessions = 60 hours of how to drive and the responsibility that a full bus of 72 children means) and he used almost the exact same line - found out in talking with him that he and my dad knew each other. You did everything the way that officer would have said to do! I have only had to use it in relation to feathers - I a sea gull and I ran into each other... but calm and slower if possible is so often the only safe option. So glad you had the training/thought process to make that choice.

smiles Kim in N. California