July 15:
    July 22:
    July 28:
    July 31:
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @3rdtimelosesit

Congratulations on seeing happy results! If you're just starting out, be aware you shouldn't expect to keep up the fast pace. It's very common for initial results to be rapid. Some is just having less food moving through your body. Some is water weight as you access your glycogen stores. So if things slow down, or even stop for a little while, don't blame yourself or feel bad about it. It happens. Just keep doing what you're doing, and you will find success!

I've been on my journey since May 12...... I joined MFP on June 7th. Any weight drop due to water loss happened the first week when I dropped 4.4lbs. I was away camping for 2 weeks and still lost but wasn't calorie counting like I do when at home. I don't think I was eating enough. This isn't my first rodeo so I'm not expecting these large drops to continue. Each week when they do is a gift to my health. I'm truly expecting to lose 1-2 each week which will be a blessing. My 2 times before I lost every week.....losing is not the issue. It's the maintenance. Once I arrive at my goal weight.....this will be a totally different story from now.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,174 Member
    Options
    @3rdtimelosesit

Congratulations on seeing happy results! If you're just starting out, be aware you shouldn't expect to keep up the fast pace. It's very common for initial results to be rapid. Some is just having less food moving through your body. Some is water weight as you access your glycogen stores. So if things slow down, or even stop for a little while, don't blame yourself or feel bad about it. It happens. Just keep doing what you're doing, and you will find success!

I've been on my journey since May 12...... I joined MFP on June 7th. Any weight drop due to water loss happened the first week when I dropped 4.4lbs. I was away camping for 2 weeks and still lost but wasn't calorie counting like I do when at home. I don't think I was eating enough. This isn't my first rodeo so I'm not expecting these large drops to continue. Each week when they do is a gift to my health. I'm truly expecting to lose 1-2 each week which will be a blessing. My 2 times before I lost every week.....losing is not the issue. It's the maintenance. Once I arrive at my goal weight.....this will be a totally different story from now.

Sounds like you understand what comes next, and just keep sticking to it. You already know this.

You're right about maintenance too.