JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Options

Replies

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I logged all my food today. I’m not happy with the choices I made but at least I held myself accountable. I also made a tiny bit of progress editing the book I’m currently writing. My goals for tomorrow will be to get at least 15 grams of fiber and drink at least 40 oz of water
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    JFT for 7/17 (today):
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 7/16)✔️
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/13)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 7/18✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/14) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    5) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 7/13) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    6) Nuts ok (22-28 g), but none of the deluxe mixed nuts today.✔️
    7) No beef jerky today. (last 7/16)✔️
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 7/11)✔️
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 7/152)✔️
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle & cookies) (except as in #1).✔️
    JFT for 7/18 (tomorrow):
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 7/16)
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/13)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 7/21
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/14) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    5) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 7/13) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    6) Nuts ok (22-28 g), but none of the deluxe mixed nuts today.
    7) No beef jerky today. (last 7/16)
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 7/11)
    9) No pumpkin or yam ok today (last 7/17)
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle & cookies) (except as in #1).

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Park walk. Bike ride? YMCA 8:45.
    2. Shoot SJ video?
    3. Duolingo. Organize bookshelves.
    4. Reading - 30 min. Update Goodreads.
    5. Write S&F? Write postcards!
    6. Finish writing book list script. Blog post.
    7. Hang laundry & put away.
    8. Evening: WDYC meeting, Tweetchat 7:30. Check McD's. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Lang8?
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Check with KS about presentation. Check in with D about table at market. WDYC meeting Monday 6:30P. Livestream Tuesday 6P. Need to take recycling. Friday visit Z?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 211.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist July 11 10 AM. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy 7/28 8A. Obgyn Oct 14 12:45.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion July 7 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    Did well with my eating over the weekend, but I didn't get much movement in Saturday or Sunday unless you count a trip to SAMS to buy stuff I didn't really need.

This is Tim's "Birthday Week", silly thing we do for him every summer because he used to whine about his birthday being to close to Christmas. Yesterday I made his favorite meal, paprika chicken with homemade noodles. My will power was definitely tested, I love, love, love homemade noodles, but I didn't even taste them. Which is probably good because a bite would have turned into a bowl!

The next few days will be tough diet wise. I have a church dinner tonight, a work dinner tomorrow night and trivia Wednesday. I must stay on track. No alcohol, protein and veggies... I suggested tonight's restaurant they have a great grilled salmon Caesar Salad that I can get with dressing on the side, but tomorrow is a business dinner with clients, ughhhh. Those tend to be long and involve drinking.

I am losing weight again which is nice, but the program is very strict during the weight loss phase. At least it seems to work, which makes it easier to stick to. They say my energy will improve, but so far I just feel weak and tired all the time.

JFT Monday (Man I hate Mondays)
    - Up by 6:30 :neutral: up but not out of bed
    - Shower :( Nope dry shampoo day
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley: close enough
    - Calls / meetings :smiley:
    - Finish up presentation for tomorrow's audit
    - Sales rep coming in this afternoon to help prep for tomorrow.
    - Log food
    - Drink water
    - stay on plan
    - dinner out
    - Home by 9:30
    - Shower
    - Bed by 10:30

Happy Monday y'all!

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Didn't log over weekend but monitored portions so think I did ok. Walked in 5K race Sat. morning in 48:48 average pace 15:43. Finished 37/81 in my age group F6064, I'm the oldest age in range haha.

No dog walk this morning, very warm & slightly muggy already. Forecast for several very hot & humid days, high temp in 90s (32C). I have been slacking & need to re-incorporate PT exercises in my week, so that's what I'll do next day or two. Sad dog.

JFT M 7/18
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    3) Clear GA-S review notes / print & organize GA-S Communications folder / CA-P research / cRisk Academy online courses as assigned / update PRO, PAR, HW s/s's for current week / print speaker's slides for W webinar
    4) Any ta-da?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray & Calm / 6:15 alarm (PT exercises before work)

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Registered for Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay)
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept)
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I've been on track...but not tracking. I've been exhausted this last week...and now I think I have an ear infection...but I need to get back to daily goals!

JFT for Monday, 7-18
    1. eat breakfast/take morning pills
    2. no grains or sugar
    3. no caffeine after noon
    4. 10,000 steps
    5. walk at lunch
    6. 8 C water
    7. 5 freggies…big salad!
    8. make medical calls
    9. SLEEP!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, sorry I've not been on.
    Feel like I've been busy but don't know what with.

We've got an extreme heatwave going on last few days, today and tomorrow being the worst. It's currently 5pm.and 36C (which is 96F according to Google!)

Amber and red warnings all over the country and we're all just melting over here lol!
    The pools inflated in the garden but today and tomorrow is so hot that they're telling everyone to stay in and the sun hits our back garden all afternoon with no shade, some schools have closed, ours hasnt but we were allowed to pick them up early if we wanted and they didn't have to wear uniform.

Houses in the UK are designed to hold in heat, the average person doesn't have AC and fans are essentially just blowing around hot air right now 😂

Anyway, fitness goals down the pan lately. I'm still hovering around the same 5lbs, but can't.seem to hold the commitment to losing more. But I want to. But I just can't get in the mindset.

But I hope you're all okay!
    I'll try get back to regular posting! X
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 7/18 (today):
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/14) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    9) No pumpkin or yam ok today (last 7/17)
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle & cookies) (except as in #1).
    11) A little flexibility to eat with best friend. Can have dessert if she wants, otherwise no.
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until lunch with BF.
  • more_freggies76
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • emgracewrites
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Houses in the UK are designed to hold in heat, the average person doesn't have AC and fans are essentially just blowing around hot air right now

If the fan is just a portable one you can try putting a bowl of ice cubes right in front of it and it supposedly cools the air down a little bit. Not sure how the same thing would work if it’s a ceiling fan though. Heat and humidity are awful, I live on the East Coast of the US so we have this kind of weather every summer. Good luck and stay safe!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹
    🌹🪷🌹JULY 2022 🌹🪷🌹
    🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹
    WEEK 1: 1 - 7 July

Focus for July:
    Eat Heathy!

🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    🥗🥗🎂🥗🥗🥗🥗
    🥗🥗🥗🥗
    Family celebration of
    10th July 🎉birthday🎉 of younger grandson, so some indulgences .
    Active hours > 6
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼 [/b]
    Solid Habits:
    😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
    😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
    😃😃😃😃
    Has anyone heard from @mytime6630 lately? Or maybe I have just missed her posts. 🤔
    🦄 Terri

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172
    We’ve been staying indoors and keeping curtains pulled and windows open. We live on the coast so aren’t having the really high temps, but as you say we’re neither used to it or equipped for it.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 7/18 (today):
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 7/16)✔️
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/13)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 7/21✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/14) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️Didn't eat today.
    5) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 7/13) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    6) Nuts ok (22-28 g), but none of the deluxe mixed nuts today.✔️
    7) No beef jerky today. (last 7/16)✔️
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 7/11)✔️
    9) No pumpkin or yam ok today (last 7/17)✔️
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle & cookies) (except as in #1).✔️
    11) A little flexibility to eat with best friend. Can have dessert if she wants, otherwise no.✔️
    JFT for 7/19 (tomorrow):
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 7/17)

Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won't eat again until tomorrow.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Park walk? Elliptical?
    2. Shoot unboxing video.
    3. Duolingo. Organize bookshelves. YMCA 3:00 BP / Barre
    4. Reading - 30 min. Update Goodreads.
    5. Write S&F? Write postcards! MAIL THEM.
    6. Finish writing book list script. Blog post.
    7. Hang laundry & put away.
    8. Evening: Livestream 6P. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Lang8?
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Check with KS about presentation. Design voter registration sign. Livestream Tuesday 6P. Saturday livestream; Sunday podcast. Need to take recycling. Monday visit Z.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 210.6

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist July 11 10 AM. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy 7/28 8A. Obgyn Oct 14 12:45.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion July 7 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - July 19
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Exercise - 10 Mins

I missed last night. Today was a crap day and I ate like it too. I think I’ll just start tomorrow again.
  • emgracewrites
    Options
    Didn’t meet my goals for yesterday - only got halfway there for both of them. If I’d stuck with my plan I would have been okay, but I came home from work with no appetite and even less desire to cook.

Same goals for today: 15 grams of fiber and 40 oz of water
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Houses in the UK are designed to hold in heat, the average person doesn't have AC and fans are essentially just blowing around hot air right now

If the fan is just a portable one you can try putting a bowl of ice cubes right in front of it and it supposedly cools the air down a little bit. Not sure how the same thing would work if it’s a ceiling fan though. Heat and humidity are awful, I live on the East Coast of the US so we have this kind of weather every summer. Good luck and stay safe!

No it's one that's on a stand, although I've seen a "hack" where people are attaching ice pops too them lol! And then just refreeze them when they've melted. I'm just out of icepops and when I get them the kids just wanna eat them haha
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options

JFT Monday (Man I hate Mondays)
    - Up by 6:30 :neutral: up but not out of bed
    - Shower :( Nope dry shampoo day
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley: close enough
    - Calls / meetings :smiley:
    - Finish up presentation for tomorrow's audit :smiley:
    - Sales rep coming in this afternoon to help prep for tomorrow. :smiley:
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Drink water :smiley:
    - stay on plan :smiley:
    - dinner out :smiley:
    - Home by 9:30 :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - Bed by 10:30 :neutral: Went to be by 10:00, but woke up at 11:00, then didn't go to bed until 12:30 ish

Happy Monday y'all!

Did well yesterday, especially for going out to dinner. Had grilled salmon Caesar salad with Italian dressing on the side. Did not eat any of the super yummy rolls. Did not even eat a crouton. I know one won't kill me, but I don't think I can eat just one. Tim had to work late, so he missed the dinner. Missed some of my small meals during the day yesterday, so I was really hungry by dinner, but I stayed on plan, and didn't binge when I got home.

Today is a very stressful day at work. We have customers in for an audit. Unfortunately, they are not particularly happy customers which makes the day longer. They aren't getting here until noon, but I have a ton of meetings this morning. Wish me luck, it's my first time being audited without my mentor here to cover my *kitten*.

JFT Tuesday
    - Up by 6:45 :(
    - Shower :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :( 8:15
    - Pick up van for visitors
    - Arrange for drinks / snacks for the afternoon
    - Eat mini-meals
    - Log food
    - Drink water
    - STAY CALM and Collected during the audit
    - Home by 6:00
    - Maybe dinner with customers
    - Stay on plan
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a happy Tuesday y'all!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Recap M 7/18
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :neutral: 7.6K 28 floors 12/14
    2) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water :mrgreen: net cals green! sodium green! fiber spot on, protein close, carbs green! calcium low oops, 96 oz water
    3) Clear GA-S review notes ~ so many nit-picky comments, no value-added, and a$$t. manager doesn't even understand some of documentation, not even date format default in 1 system, she thinks reports are from prior fiscal year = ACK! / print & organize GA-S Communications folder / CA-P research / cRisk Academy online courses as assigned no time / update PRO, PAR, HW s/s's for current week / print speaker's slides for W webinar
    4) Any ta-da? yes, plus called & nice chat with Mom <3
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray & Calm fell asleep / 6:15 alarm (PT exercises before work)

JFT T 7/19 ~ too warm & humid for dog walk 3 miles
    1) PT exercises before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    4) Clear GA-S review notes / print & organize GA-s Communications folder / Facebook Live video / CA-P research / prep webinar summary forms for W & R / some of email backlog
    5) Order box lunch for R concert / wash dishes / another ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / pray & Calm / 6:15 alarm (PT exercises before work)

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Registered for Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay)
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept)
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 7/19 (today):
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 7/17)