JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - Round 193

Options

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,880 Member
    Options
    @wakegrrl I’m sorry I don’t remember where you are but the idea of many available restaurants might be tempting to me, too. However, prices have gotten ridiculous here, even at fast food places. At a couple of places we go, ANY beef item automatically has $2 added to the menu price. Our favorite grilled chicken place has increased prices and decreased portions. Their already small chicken pieces (like legs and thighs) are hardly more than one bite of meat each. I told DH last week that I guess I’m going to have to do more cooking at home which is also getting pricey. Of course when I went to get a whole chicken, THAT was on SALE for $3.49/lb!!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @IsMollyReallyHungry Its so good to see that you posted but I’m so sorry to hear about your dad! We will all be thinking of you and him❤️
  • quiltingjaine
    edited July 2022
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    "Believe in yourself. Trust the process. Change forever." - Bob Harper

I love the last part of this quote!

CHANGE FOREVER! That’s what many “dieters” need to learn AND why I say “this isn’t a diet, it’s a LIFESTYLE.”

Dieting to lose and then going back to your old way of eating will fail and you will regain.
    I‘ve done it many times. Ever vigilant now and know the repercussions of my bad choices. No one puts food in my mouth but me!
  • wakegrrl
    wakegrrl Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    @wakegrrl I’m sorry I don’t remember where you are but the idea of many available restaurants might be tempting to me, too. However, prices have gotten ridiculous here, even at fast food places. At a couple of places we go, ANY beef item automatically has $2 added to the menu price. Our favorite grilled chicken place has increased prices and decreased portions. Their already small chicken pieces (like legs and thighs) are hardly more than one bite of meat each. I told DH last week that I guess I’m going to have to do more cooking at home which is also getting pricey. Of course when I went to get a whole chicken, THAT was on SALE for $3.49/lb!!

@quiltingjaine Our new office is in downtown Raleigh, NC. And I definitely had sticker shock yesterday when we went out for lunch after touring the new space. Between working from home since COVID and just generally being a tightwad, I don't typically eat lunch out anymore. But yesterday a chicken pita and drink cost me $13 - which is ridiculous. That will be the thing that keeps me from overdoing it.
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @IsMollyReallyHungry I am so sorry about your dad, but how lovely that he is feeling at peace after such a long struggle coping with the loss of your mom. Sending you hugs!

• quiltingjaine
    Options
    @IsMollyReallyHungry I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. Sending prayers for you and him.

@abigailgorton1 I love “dragged the dog.”

@wakegrrl We have a niece and family in Raleigh.

Yes, the prices are insane! At the Greek restaurant we love I always get the large Greek salad and a steak skewer. I noticed last weekend that the steak skewer that WAS about $3 is now $5.95! It’s 4 or 5 pieces of meat. I’m tempted to take my food scale with me but it can’t be more than 4-5 ounces. And we’re meeting our daughter and family there today!