JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - Round 193

Options

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,862 Member
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »

“You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call ‘failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.” - Mary Pickford

@JbeanR0212 I Love This!!!!

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady

You will be a busy gal leading up to the wedding! Can't wait to see the pics!
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,841 Member
    Options
    @pezhed Yes, those darn ads! “Free” fruit, zero points for fruits and most vegetables - BOING - those mottos caused a 30# regain of the 58 I had lost before them. My leader constantly insisting that “no one gets fat from eating bananas!” I’m not a banana fan but fresh pineapple and watermelon sure DID make me fat! SOOO much sugar!!! Natural sugar is just as bad as processed sugar.
  • cybernurse251
    cybernurse251 Posts: 159 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @pezhed Yes, those darn ads! “Free” fruit, zero points for fruits and most vegetables - BOING - those mottos caused a 30# regain of the 58 I had lost before them. My leader constantly insisting that “no one gets fat from eating bananas!” I’m not a banana fan but fresh pineapple and watermelon sure DID make me fat! SOOO much sugar!!! Natural sugar is just as bad as processed sugar.
    No one got fat from eating grapes ect but the sugar though natural will make you crave more sugar. I do love my fruit but bananas are a no no but when I pair it I eat plain yogurt or and eggs.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,841 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 - As I was going through the posts after my previous note, “change forever” jumped out at me again and I remembered a night long ago. A friend and I joined a program at our local hospital. It was called “Slim for Life” and I have never forgotten a remark by the hospital’s registered dietitian the first night. “You can NEVER eat cake again.” I’m surprised any of us returned for the next class. If I had a loss during those weeks, I do not remember it.

I have found what works for me (low carb) and know from tracking what will set me back and how to recover after I “binge.” My binges are no longer eating a 1/2# Hershey bar but maybe a cookie or two.

And that relates to the Mary Pickford quote. I always get up but sometimes it takes a bit longer. 😁