Suggestions for “slip on” walking shoe

Options
Hi everyone! I would like to b more purposeful in getting more steps each day. I primarily work from home and am diligent with taking quick “stretch” breaks every hour. I would like to start using my treadmill to help get in my daily steps, ie walking a few minutes each break, but don’t want to wear “regular” sneakers all day or slip in/out of same.

Any ideas for a safe, reliable “slip on” shoe that I park at the treadmill and use? My pace will likely only be about 3 mph.

Thanks much. And best of blessings with achieving your wellness goals. - tacita

Replies

• MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Skechers fan. Check out their GoWalk line. If you're in the U.S.A., check out 6pm dot com. They have good prices on Skechers.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Skechers - their Go Walk range is great to slip on. I’ve toured cities in those and walked miles.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    MsCzar wrote: »
    I'm a huge Skechers fan. Check out their GoWalk line. If you're in the U.S.A., check out 6pm dot com. They have good prices on Skechers.

Agree on these. I walk 8 hours a day on concrete covered by hard rubber mats and with the wrong shoes, my plantar faciitis kicks in hard. I suffered for a couple of weeks till I got these.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Wow. Glad I read this thread. Sketchers isn't a brand I usually associate with athetic footwear. :)

I usually stick with Brooks or Saucony but just emailed Skechers to see if they would have any shoes that would work with my overpronation/pttd.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
  • Tacita2020
    Tacita2020 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Y’all r so awesome to take the time to give me suggestions. Thanks so much. The irony is that my mom also said sketchers and I didn’t take her seriously. Now I know… and will find some this weekend! Have a blessed day.
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    All of my running/walking shoes are slip on - tho they do have laces. I don't like tying shoes, so I have them set so I can just slip them on. I don't think that is what you were really asking for - but, I like brooks, and altra.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    When my work required something a bit beefier than a comfy walking shoe, I liked slip-on Skechers Dee-Lites trainers that had a faux lace design. They weighed nothing and were comfy when I was all day on my feet.
    I also have a pair of Merrell walking shoes that are a bit on the fugly side, but sturdy and very comfortable. However, I have found that Merrell's fit is not nearly as consistent as Skechers, which I can order online with confidence. I've ordered Merrells online and come away with foot fatigue and chafing.