"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. A couple of new clients added to my schedule.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak, rice and salad for dinner. Felt well rested the whole day even though it was well into the 90's.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    Cardio: 30 minutes walking a 150# dog who pulls on his leash

Strength: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Rows 4x10
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Cable Rows 5x5
    Face Pulls 3x10
    Cable Hammer Curls 3x8,10,12

Analysis: Based in part on @ninerbuff changing his reps per set, I've started to adjust reps, but only on the final exercise of the day, usually the bicep/tricep burnout. I'm curious why you do the increasing weight/decreasing reps, where I find it easier to flip it and decrease weight/increase reps.

Food: Lunch - Qdoba chicken salad, Dinner - grilled steak with baked potato

Life: My youngest daughter is back after 10 days camping with friends in Yellowstone. A month ago it looked like they'd have to scrap the trip, based on massive flooding, but things calmed down enough for them to go. Not sure it counts as actual camping since they're using a family-owned cabin to sleep in, but I'll give them credit for hiking and cooking over campfires and whatnot. When she left, my wife was still in the hospital, so between my wife's release and finally getting her appetite back, plus my daughter's return home, is spurring the splurge on steaks with ice cream sundaes for dessert.

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Strength: did my dumbbells Yay!

Annie
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. Today is my daughter's actual Bday. 18. What the hell am I going to do now?

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Flanken short ribs and rice.

• nossmf
    Options
    Strength: Push Day

Cable Twist In/Out 2x15
    Bench Press 5x5
    Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Machine Decline Press 5x5
    Seated OHP 3x5
    Cable Pushdown 3x12

Analysis: I need to amend how I do the lead-in cable twists. The whole reason I began introducing them was to help strengthen the stabilizing muscles after I narrowly avoided surgery following a bench press injury to both shoulders. I've used the same weights, reps, tempo for several years now without problems, but the last couple weeks my left arm at the elbow has been grumpy on the first set, better for the second. Thinking I need to add a third set and do a gradual ramp up of weight per set, same as I would for any normal exercise. Didn't seem to affect my bench, though, as it's time to up the weight again after I got 10 reps on the final set.

Food: Lunch - buffalo chicken bites with rice, Dinner - steak with baked potato (for real this time)

Life: My daughter didn't actually make it home last night, as the family she went camping with decided a 10-hr ride was too long for a single day, so they opted to stop at a hotel at the halfway point. They're footing the bill, so I won't argue with them. We just took tonight's meal (lasagna) and had it last night, and moved the steak to tonight, giving it an extra 24 hours to marinate so it should be nice and flavorful.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Went to bed early last night and feel refreshed this morning.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Korean fried chicken. My daughter wanted Korean for her birthday dinner and it's always a treat to eat this.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical 45 minutes (591 calories)

Analysis: Almost didn't get to the gym this morning, wanted to catch up on sleep as I've been living on 5-6 hours per night, but will power prevailed (today at least). I originally setup this elliptical hills program assuming a 45 minute duration, to match my lifting days. However, recently my lifting days are taking closer to an hour each time, so either I need to cut down on rest between sets to get my lifts back in line, or generate a program for an hour on the elliptical instead.

Food: Lunch - stir fried chicken with rice and veggies, Dinner - sauteed sausage with au gratin potatoes

Life: The steaks last night were fabulous, so tender!

Life 2: I wonder what's the difference between Korean fried chicken vs "regular" fried chicken...different spices?

Life 3: I work as a contractor on a military base. My wife and kids have been curious what I do for 13 years, but due to security I could never discuss it. But tomorrow the base is allowing families to take a tour of where we work, so I will get to show them what's up. Since I have to drive them around, I'm taking tomorrow off work (yet still driving to work on my "day off," how messed up is that?).

• Anniesquats100
    Options
    Strength: did my dumbbells Yay!

Annie
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Full schedule and a long day for me. Our AC in the gym has been on the fritz and it's like a steam bath occasionally when it's busy. Hopefully repaired soon.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Carne Asada burrito. I'm glad my weight's going back down again.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! I'm not going to work out quads today. Taking my daughter to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom for her birthday. I haven't been on a rollercoaster in ages and am really excited to do it again!

Strength: None

Assessment: Pork chops and salad. Ate pretty light yesterday in anticipation for all the junk I'll likely eat today.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: 5k elliptical (428 calories)

Strength: Full-Body

Deadlifts 5x2
    Hack Squat 3x10
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 3x10
    Shoulder DB Triset (front raise, lateral raise, rear lateral raise) 3x10
    DB curls <superset> Lying DB Skull-crushers 3x10

Analysis: Took a while, but everything worked well and felt good.

Food: Lunch - tomato soup and grilled cheese, Dinner - spaghetti and side salad

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Ugh, it will seem long because I'm still tired from yesterday. But had a blast at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom!

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Junk food. Philly cheese steak, garlic fries, Dippin Dots.............calorie bomb yesterday.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox class tonight. Last week of July and trying to hit my goal! 1.5lbs left to lose this week!

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. I slept a lot yesterday catching up on missing sleep Saturday due to being out all day. Feel great this morning though and ready to hit it hard!
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Mile hike parking lot to office due to parking-lot construction closing primary spot

Strength: Legs

Squat 4x20
    BB Step-Up 3x10
    Leg Press 5x5
    Glute Press 2x10
    Seated Calf Extend 3x10

Analysis: Used to be you could rely on Mondays being National Bench Press Day, with all the benches sporting waiting lines while multiple squat racks were open. That's one of the reasons I swapped my leg day to Monday. Well, the last couple Mondays it seems others have figured this out as well, so now the squat racks were full (I got the last one when I showed up), while there was at least one bench press station open my entire workout.

Food: Lunch - mixed foods (peanut butter, soup, yogurt, applesauce), Dinner - soy chicken with buttered noodles

Life: I haven't made a conscious effort to lose weight for years now, though I have kept track of it once a week, and it's typically not varied by more than a couple pounds either way. But the last two full-body days when I weighed myself, my weight's started to dip down. So far I've been ascribing it to water weight following grueling workouts, but this Friday/Saturday if there's a third dip I'll have to maybe rethink my thinking.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Just a typical Tuesday although I think I'll get a pedicure.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak, rice and salad for dinner. I was zeroed in yesterday in class and had them all huffing and puffing throughout.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Strength: Pull Day

Pulldowns 2x10
    Chindowns 2x10
    Machine high row 5x5
    Machine low row 5x5
    T-Bar row 3x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10,12,15

Analysis: Got 7 hours sleep last night, so my gym sesh felt great. Ran into a buddy I haven't seen in a few weeks since our schedules don't often sync up, and he's turning into an absolute beast! Due to his low BF% he's always looked bigger than me despite weighing less, but now he's added 25# since the start of the year while keeping a low BF%, and he's a veritable monster! Humblest guy in the world, works as a firefighter/paramedic, great guy.

Food: Lunch - sweet and sour pork with rice, Dinner - Taco Tuesday

• Anniesquats100
    Options
    Strength: did my dumbbells! Yay!

Assessment: I was kinda short of breath. I think I was impatient and moving faster through the exercises. That's probably a good thing for my goals. As long as my form is good.

Life: My sister's visit is over, so I really need to quit eating junk. I only missed one yoga session while the basement was rearranged, so that's not bad.

Annie
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. Slept really well yesterday and ready for a great workout!

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Flanken short ribs and rice. Wanted to watch Terminal List, but got too tired. Will likely watch it today.

• MariMonarch
    MariMonarch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to like myself but today I’m not feeling it. My entire body is sore and I’m overwhelmed. I did great workouts the past two days, but I didn’t sleep well last night and I’m craving coffee this morning. Maybe I’ll only do the elliptical today? I don’t know. I hate this feeling.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Strength: Push Day

Bench Press 5x5,4,3,2,6
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    Standing OHP 3x5,8,12
    Lying EZ-Bar Extends 3x10,15,20

Analysis: Slept awful last night, so really had to mentally focus to make up for lack of physical energy. Early on this was enough, and actually helped me to push my highest bench wait for more reps than expected. But as the workout progressed, I opted to lighten the load the last two exercises, making up in volume what suffered in intensity.

Food: Lunch - buffalo chicken strips with rice, Dinner - baked chicken with rice (not intentional to have rice twice in the day...just a product of what leftovers are available for work lunch vs the dinner menu planned out a week in advance)

Life: Three weeks ago my wife had surgery to remove her gallbladder, stayed in the hospital for a week before coming home. Everything seemed to be progressing well in her recovery until a few days ago, when she started getting pain and fever. She waited on doing anything until her scheduled post-op appointment today, but now the doctor wants her back in the hospital for follow-up tests. And so it begins all over again...