Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Hey Team! July was my first full month and was a great win for me.

Goal: 3A days weekly, 16+ AF days monthly

8/1 M - AF
    8/2 Tu - AF
    8/3 W - AF - My BFF is flying in from TX tomorrow. I haven't seen her since before COVID. I've been making progress on my weight. I hope I don't blow it over the weekend. My goal is to limit it to no more than 2A daily.

Rolling total = 3 AF out of 3 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,556 Member
    Options
    I am in : - )

I am Dawn. I joined this thread in November of 2018

My usual goal: 16-20 AF per month.
    I had 19AF days for July.

Diary style

Monday August 1st - AF - Holiday here although I will be going to work (gotta love the extra holiday pay). I have company coming for 8 days, so plan to have Mojitos on Saturday afternoon, and possibly one other day this week prior to that.
    Tuesday August 2nd - Drinks. Planned AF until Saturday Mojitos
    Wednesday August 3rd - AF - Less bloated tummy the next morning was my motivation to not drink

Rolling total: 2AF day out of 3 days
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    If only it were this simple @lmlmrn LOL
    I'm with you. Pass on the fake eyelashes.
    More trouble than they are worth.

9db5rlcrlvzc.gif
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    A saying came to mind this week as I looked at pics of my granddaughters that my kids sent me ...
    and I as I was yet again buying something for the little ones to put away for Christmas :)

If you raise your children, you can spoil your grandchildren.
    But if you spoil your children, you'll have to raise your grandchildren.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    hello everyone
    Well DH came home early and it was one of my stressful days. I tried to let it roll and could have but then DH wanted to go get a late lunch/early dinner so we ended up at local pub. I still stick to just 2 beers.
    Self Care today. I don't count the beer as self care. ..... It's evening and I don't want any more alcohol after the beer today (that would never happen in the past) So tonight I am going to treat myself to some ice cream.
    BTW the last 2 weeks stress has seen a drop in my scale so yeah?

@Lilylady3k your saying is so spot on....so glad I am spoiling my grandchildren!!!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    This thread has been a game changer for me! I so appreciate every single one of you!

*August goals: 18-20 days AF with no more than 2 drinks in one night

*Stop and think before opening a drink to prevent pouring alcohol down the drain-save some money!

Good luck everyone!

8/1: AF
    8/2: AF Had a stressful evening with a toxic person crawling out of the woodwork. Considered a drink but figured it wouldn’t help. Proceeded to doom scroll *sigh*
    8/3: A 1 Had parents over for dinner so enjoyed a drink. I’m still letting that toxic person take up space in my head, not sure why. I wanted to go for a walk last night but there was rain and thunder and lightning from 5 to bedtime so I couldn’t get out. Pacing around my apartment didn’t do the trick. Today is a new day! ☀️
    8/4 AF Worked 14 hours, watched true crime, hit the hay
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @ahoy_m8
    That is great that your brother will be there for support with the parents.

@globalhiker
    How is hubby healing up?
    And btw, you definitely do not need makeup, you are gorgeous and luminescent.

The eyelash thing...I think that there is some sort of tool to put them on that holds them.
    I became very girly starting at 40, so I love makeup and all of that sort of stuff. Before that I didn't care, I was sort of a tomboy.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am in : - )

I am Dawn. I joined this thread in November of 2018

My usual goal: 16-20 AF per month.
    I had 19AF days for July.

Diary style

Monday August 1st - AF - Holiday here although I will be going to work (gotta love the extra holiday pay). I have company coming for 8 days, so plan to have Mojitos on Saturday afternoon, and possibly one other day this week prior to that.
    Tuesday August 2nd - Drinks. Planned AF until Saturday Mojitos
    Wednesday August 3rd - AF - Less bloated tummy the next morning was my motivation to not drink
    Thursday August 4th - AF - Planning AF for Friday also. I don't want a bloated face and belly to see an old friend that I haven't seen in a few years. Using that as motivation.

Rolling total: 3AF day out of 4 days
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Aug 1- AF
    Aug 2 - A
    Aug 3- AF
    Aug 4- A
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Aug 1- AF
    Aug 2 - A
    Aug 3- AF
    Aug 4- A
    Aug 5 - AF
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    AF yesterday and on a Friday night too! Nothing bad happened :). Just woke up with energy and a smile.

Since last Saturday, I have 4 AFs in the bank...!

@lmlmrn I have to say you are handling all this remodeling stuff pretty well. It's hard when you live in the house being remodeled. I think you are going at a pretty speedy pace even with the contractor delays. Do show us your photos when done please.

@dawnbgethealthy my husband is almost new again! He's out mountain biking already. His worst scars are in the chin area so his goattee will hopefully cover it up.

@MissMay, I checked out Pensacola on Youtube. You're going to get a lotta sunshine in your life now. And, I see the downtown has an art scene so maybe that is the sight of your future art gallery :)
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn Nice work! I must practice letting stress flow off me like water. This thread has been amazing in helping me cut down my drinking and I’m glad it has worked for you too. You must show pics of your remodeled rooms when complete!