Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    @ducky133 I thought it was just me who got anxious at the thought of my AF days! Nice to know I’m not alone in this.

@Joan1976 smaller pours and smaller glasses helps so much. So do “micro-sips” to make the drink last longer!

Tonight was actually good- I even had enough calories to have a glass of wine (did great logging, BTW), but I reached for a little chocolate instead. I put myself to bed so I wasn’t tempted to have that wine! Funnily enough, I am not anxious at my lack of alcohol tonight! Go figure!
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 782 Member
    @ducky133 @Womona My gosh the anxiety had to be the worst! Laying in bed thinking can I sleep, will I sleep, when will I sleep....that was the mantra in my head. It does start to go away.

Today we did jump out for lunch and a beer. A lite one for me which worked out ok. Usually I gravitate towards bitter high octane beer but today I did not. It was refreshing and not heavy on this hot hot day.

We have decided to get away this weekend. I have let my mother know she will be on her own and if there is a snafu she will have to call my brother.

The sheetrock in the main bathroom went up today. I am waiting to hear from the 'Marble' people for their install. I had to put them off last week since it was not ready.

ok off for now

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,516 Member
    I have to say I do look forward to my AF days :) I just feel happier and more energetic. And I hope I can make them more of the norm.

At some point, I feel like success for me begins when I let go of all of the life drama that is weighing me down and get real with me. I can keep blaming all the bad players in my life, the exes, the parents that did me wrong, the work stresses, etc. but really at the end of the day it's me vs me.

At the end of the day it's me vs. myself. I have to let this sink in and get to the realization of who is in charge of driving my life.

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,516 Member
    @lmlmrn, wow nice work! I think the flooring is awesome :)
  • ducky133
    ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    @missmay, congratulations on the impending sale - how exciting! The AF drink looks great. I have been drinking some of the Lyre’s spritz’s this week. The G&T and Amalfi ones are delicious.
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited August 2022
    Hey Team! July was my first full month and was a great win for me.

Goal
    No more than 3A days weekly (16 - 19 AF days monthly)
    Max 7 drinks weekly

8/1 M - AF
    8/2 Tu - AF
    8/3 W - AF
    8/4 Th - Drinks (1)
    8/5 F - Drinks (2) - Company; BFF flew in for a weekend visit; made me so happy; haven't seen her since 2019 due to the pandemic
    8/6 Sa - Drinks (4) - Company
    8/7 Su - Drinks (1.5) Plan was AF - Company; went to a great restaurant for brunch, where I had a Bloody Mary, and later, split a beer with hubby.
    8/8 M - Drinks (1) - Plan was AF (I think I may have posted AF yesterday) BUT I watched TV until midnight and had a beer late at night. One of my tricks for not eating and drinking at night is to go to bed on time!
    8/9 Tu - Weight is up 3 lbs. Not surprised. Plan is AF today through Thursday and drinks Friday and Saturday. We have company coming Thursday through Monday. I'm so excited (haven't seen them in a while), but I've got to make a workable plan around drinks and food and attempt to stick to it! Any advice, anyone?
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 782 Member
    @MissMay wow not much time left! Have you found your new digs yet or are you going to wing it. Inquiring minds want to know!

So in my section of the state only about 40% of the people have A/C. We only have about the equivalent of 2 weeks of over 90 weather from June to September and they are in usually 2-3 days spurts. We have a floor unit in our bedroom that vents out the window. Well last night (I should have been paying attention to the forecast) I turned on the a/c (85 in our bedroom). Sometime last night it dipped down into the 50's! I woke around 3am soooo cold I hurt. I am still achy in my hips this is crazy.

Today I take my mother to a Dr. appt which will most likely be an all mid morning/afternoon affair. Then if the weather is still cool I may put down my flooring in the main bathroom.

keep up the great work all

@RockinRobyn672 no real advice other than post your food menu with a drink choice for you and your quests to pick. No surprises Write it next to each person's name. Would be a great game too, making AF beverages to fake out your brain.
  • ducky133
    ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    @ahoy_m8 being AF during the week is an achievement with everything you have going on. You must be exhausted. Glad you are feeling more at peace with things. Hang in there!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited August 2022
    @dawnbgethealthy - Wonderful idea to include mocktails with your nightly chef inspired meals!!

@MissMay - CONGRATS on selling your house!!! One step closer to retirement in Florida. Now I understand why you got rid of your art studio. Will your new digs have a place that you can be inspired and set up another one? Oh and thanks for the suggestion of Chaulhaster/ Citrus. I love grapefruit sparkling anything and will look for this.

@ahoy_m8 - It is a wonderful feeling when dealing with aging parents to find that sweet spot that includes clarity about their next steps. It was wonderful that you had your brother to lean or or him to lean on you ... sharing these decisions makes life easier.

@lmlmrn - Flooring is looking good! Are you remodeling to sell or are you remodeling to enjoy?

@globalhiker - You are so right and very insightful ... at the end of the day it is "me vs myself". Thanks for that thought!

@tmbg1 - Your tracking looks great! I love how you are alternating AF and A days.