What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    dralicephd wrote: »
    Work clothes are getting too big, so I ordered a bunch of new stuff online a size smaller.

They do say that for every 15 lbs you should drop a size so 2 sizes down would be right for 30 lbs.

That really isn't a general truth though. The smaller you get, the less weight you have to lose to go down a size. I went from medium to small in way fewer lbs than from XXL to XL 🙂

This may be a fact (I'll find out when I get there) ....but I was just letting her know that it was possible to drop 2 sizes with 30 lbs. as she was surprised that the 30 pounds she lost would drop her down 2 sizes. I'm happy to hear that the lower size I go the less I'm going to have to lose to get into the next size.

• EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    To follow up: I ordered the next size down of the same clothes (size Med) and I can fit some of the things perfectly and some of the things fit ok, but are just a tad more snug than I'd like (boobs!). I think I can safely say that I've lost at least a size and a half. :D Also, these are all tops. I haven't hit the world of pants yet. I'll report back after I've had a chance to go through my closet and order some new stuff. I suspect that I've only gone down one size in pants as I tend to carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs. :)

Congrats! I am right there with you. I lost 2-3 sizes in tops before bottoms started to catch up. Going on eight months in, and I’m finally starting to look more proportional. However my legs and butt are still thick and likely always will be as that’s where I hold both fat and muscle. I tend to get the waist gap in slacks nowadays.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    EliseTK1 wrote: »
    To follow up: I ordered the next size down of the same clothes (size Med) and I can fit some of the things perfectly and some of the things fit ok, but are just a tad more snug than I'd like (boobs!). I think I can safely say that I've lost at least a size and a half. :D Also, these are all tops. I haven't hit the world of pants yet. I'll report back after I've had a chance to go through my closet and order some new stuff. I suspect that I've only gone down one size in pants as I tend to carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs. :)

Congrats! I am right there with you. I lost 2-3 sizes in tops before bottoms started to catch up. Going on eight months in, and I’m finally starting to look more proportional. However my legs and butt are still thick and likely always will be as that’s where I hold both fat and muscle. I tend to get the waist gap in slacks nowadays.

Thanks! Just tried on all my pants... I'm comfortably in one size down from where I started. But, yup, waist gaps, fitted in butt and hips, legs are loose (surprised by that!). I'll just adjust my belt and forget about it for now. All the bigger sizes are headed to the donate pile.

• EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    I repped 80 kg on bench press for FIVE!!! That used to be my meet-day goal!

This is AMAZING!!! Great job!!!!
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Did 55 minutes standing while paddle boarding yesterday. did the last 15 kneeling.

Excellent! Tried paddle boarding for the first time this past weekend. Very comfortable on my knees. Stood up OK, but balance shaky. Would love to do more, but So AZ not a paddle boarding Mecca. 🤣

… and I’m an ol’ fart!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!