Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-September 2011

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    had my 16 week anatomy scan today, and everything is well!

.... and...

ITS A BOY!!!!!

Oh yeah, and congrats! A boy to even out all the girls on the board! :smile:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Question: Do you guys post your current pregnancy weight on here for your check in, or do you leave it at your prepregnancy wieght? It will probably change caloric needs as we get heavier. Wasn't sure what you were all doing?
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Rosanna - I made a lot of baby food with my boys. I just used the magic bullet, super easy.

As for water, I drink tons because I constantly feel thirsty. I've also always carried a large water bottle with me everywhere I go and keep it filled. I don't normally drink anything other than water and hot tea. Although lately I've been craving orange juice in the morning.

That's exciting to hear that I can jog with the baby that early! I was worried that it would be too bumpy for him that young.

My doc did an internal exam today. This whole time they've been worried about me having an incompetent cervix, but it looks like my surgery caused almost the opposite problem. The scar tissue has created has caused some kind of band that may prevent me from dilating. ugh

I'm not sure what surgery you had, but I had a LEEP in 2007 and it has also caused a lot of scar tissue on my cervix. At my 9 week appointment the doctor did a pap and said that I may have trouble dilating as well. Yikes! She said it could increase my chances of a c-section. I hope not!

Rosanna, I plan on making at least some of my own baby food as well. My husband bought me a Vitamix for my birthday so I plan on using that. (Weird gift I know, but it's what I wanted. lol) What do you plan on using to freeze it in? I'm assuming you'll be freezing some.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Danielle sorry to hear about that. But since the incompetent cervix isn't an issue anymore, did you get released to do some workouts??

Lexi that's quite a boy! You never know how big they are going to really be until they come! Congratulations on a healthy mommy and baby though. I can only imagine how disappointed you were when your plan wasn't happening....but at the end of the day the most important part is to have what you've got...a beautiful, healthy baby and a healthy you! Congratulations again! I can't wait to see a picture of your sweet boy!

Ash I think you just go through phases of being super hungry. There is just a lot going on in your body right now. I went through bouts of massive hunger but it didn't ever last longer than a week or so here and there. Just continue to be active, drink lots of water, and snack on healthy stuff. Your body will tell you what it needs and if it needs food right now, then feed it! Don't starve yourself for sake of eating too many calories! It will even itself out. I ate a lot of cereal the first trimester to fill up when I was starving inbetween meals. Your snacks sound great. Keep up doing what you are doing and eat when you are hungry chica!

Ashley way to go on pushing yourself! Have you heard of Tracy Anderson Method? Her strength training is pretty great. Her upper body workouts are killer and she only uses 3lb weights. As far as ab workouts...I do planks and standing abs. I was doing crunches on the ball but it just feels awkward and weird and a little painful. And oh how a facial sounds awesome! Enjoy!

Kristen I change my weight on here every week (if my weight changed that week of course).

I'm going into the city today to get some stuff at Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us that I didn't get at the shower. I'd like to have everything done and ready by 35weeks so I can just sit back and enjoy the last couple of weeks without worrying about getting something for the baby. I really only need a few small things like pacifiers, a few more bottles, a bath tub, a monitor, and that's about it. I had gone back and forth with the kind of monitor I was going to get and decided on just getting a regular monitor. I had originally planned on getting the works (movement, sound, and video) but realized that the important thing is that I be able to hear her. So many choices and options!

Gonna get in an hour on the treadmill before I leave. Hope you ladies have a great, healthy day!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    had my 16 week anatomy scan today, and everything is well!

.... and...

ITS A BOY!!!!!

congratulations!!! i am anxiously awaiting my ultrasound on november 1st...i will be happy either way, but i would love a little boy :)
  • azure18
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the group. I'm currently 13 wks 2 days.

I used to be on MFP faithfully and really did well, then I completely stopped. I stopped working out too out of fear of mc until my cervix and placenta was checked.

In my first trimester I went from a solid 123 to 131. Crazy right! Now I'm back on track, not to loose weight but to manage my eating habits and increase my fitness level once again. :)
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Still suffering from the last of this sinus, but getting better little by little. No meds, sticking it out on homemade remedies.

Last week I felt the baby move quite alot & now it's just flutters here and there too. Hmm I am keeping mental note, of the progress before my next OB appt 10-07. I bought a preggo journal, anybody else have one?

Congrats to Lexi on your baby boy & Sabrina too!

Wow Heather getting close! That is great to have everything ready for your little one before she arrives.

I got out of work late yesterday to barely eat dinner, wash dishes, close my food journal, shower & get ready for bed. So no Yoga for me last night. :grumble:
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Still suffering from the last of this sinus, but getting better little by little. No meds, sticking it out on homemade remedies.

Last week I felt the baby move quite alot & now it's just flutters here and there too. Hmm I am keeping mental note, of the progress before my next OB appt 10-07. I bought a preggo journal, anybody else have one?

Congrats to Lexi on your baby boy & Sabrina too!

Wow Heather getting close! That is great to have everything ready for your little one before she arrives.

I got out of work late yesterday to barely eat dinner, wash dishes, close my food journal, shower & get ready for bed. So no Yoga for me last night. :grumble:

I bought a pregnancy journal about a month ago. I got The Belly Book. It's cute and fun. I also got a free one from my OB's office, but it's not as cool so that's why I bought another one. lol I think it'll be fun to look back on it later in pregnancy and see the things I wrote and when little milestones happened. I can't wait to feel the baby move!! :) When did you feel the first flutter?
    Hope you start feeling better!
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options
    Mistibergman: I started feeling movement on the outside about week 21.

Lexi: Congrats again! I understand wanting to stick to a natural birth, as that is what I'm planning, but all that matters at the end of the day is that you and baby are healthy!!! And you are, so who can ask for more!

Kristy_estes21: I do plan on freezing my homemade baby food. I will probably keep it very economical and just purchase ice cube trays with lids. They run anywhere from $4-$8 as compared to $15-$25 that baby food specific trays will cost. I will obviously make sure they are safe, and contain no harmful plastics. When I research, I will try to get the info of which I purchased posted. After doing some research last night, I learned that one shouldn't freeze baby food for more than 6 months. Optimally, baby food should only be frozen for 3 months. This means I am holding off on my plans for really early baby food making. But not a big deal. Its not a difficult task, just thought I would take advantage of some of the fresh fruits/veggies available locally right now.

Jaikirb: Welcome!

I completed a 3.8 mile walk yesterday at a pace of 3.5mph. I am hoping to fit yoga in tonight, but not sure how likely. We now have dinner plans with a friend. Going for sushi. I know to stay away from raw fish and high mercury, but anything else I need to steer clear of? My good friend owns the restaurant so I'm not worried about cross-contamination of anything. Any info would be appreciated! Have a great day ladies!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Kristy - Most people feel the baby flutters around week 16-17. I felt it with this pregnancy around week 15 but no movement on the outside yet. Can't wait for my son and husband to feel it. Hopefully anytime now.

Lexi - That is a big boy!! Congrats on a healthy baby and healthy you!!!! Hope all goes well.

Welcome and congrats to the new people!!!

Heather - I had a baby monitor with my son, I think I paid 45 for it at walmart, it was just sound but it worked great!!!!! There are a lot of choices and cool ones to choose from. On the baby bath, the ones with the temp. reading in them are awesome!!!! Good luck and have fun shopping!!

I did my yoga last night and my back feels better. It always does after exercise.....gets sore sitting at my desk all day, but I've been working on my posture so hopefully that will help as well. Anyone know if it's ok to take airborn while pregnant? I called my doctor, but haven't heard back from the nurse yet. Way too many sick people around and I don't want to get it!!!!!

Another busy day, Work, then travel to a football game, get home late and do dinner, cleaning, laundry.....ugh..sometimes I think I need a maid!!!! LOL
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ashley, Heather and Roseanna - I should start feeling movement on the outside anytime now then. YAY!!! :love:
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congrats Lexi!! Can't wait to see pics of your baby boy! What's his name? :bigsmile:
  • mondeflottant
    mondeflottant Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi !
    I'm new to the forum and I've been using MFP apps since 50 days.
    I'm pregnant, 6 weeks.
    I had a miscarriage in January at 3 month so I am really anxious and afraid to lose this new little pea...
    I'm on diet and my doctor is ok.
    I hope the best for everyone here ! :-)
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mondeflottany! Wishing you all the best and a happy, healthy pregnancy!

Ok, so my goal is to get an hour long workout in tonight at home, I"m thinking 30 mins on my spin bike & 30 mins doing weights and using my bosu! I am not as tired today but still not feeling super energetic, hoping that if I go to bed early again tonight I'm going to get back to normal by tomorrow.

I really have to get more veggies into my diet at this point, I think I'm going to go back to my old trusty green berry smoothies in the morning that way I'll at least get some spinach in first thing and hopefully can fit more salads and fresh veggies into my meals! I'm just struggling keeping organized and finding the energy to cook, clean, grocery shop and get everything prepared for meals! (I know I sound like the laziest person on the planet!) but I'm working on it! Is anyone else struggling with this? Before I got pregnant I lost 25lbs and was totally organized and very committed to preparing my meals in advance and I was always cooking and trying new healthy recipes...since being pregnant there is nothing I'd rather do less than cook! So weird...

8 more days until my ultrasound and hopefully getting to find out what we're having!!
    As for names we are thinking if it's a boy "Bennett John William Graham" we will call him Ben for short, John & William are the names of my father & my husband's father and we just really like how they sound together as middle names. What do you guys think?? For the life of me I can't seem to stick with a girls name...we like Sadie and Gemma but I am not sure, still a lot of thinking to do. Hopefully after the 28th we will know the sex and it will help narrow down our choices! lol
    How's everyone else doing with names?
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Rayna,

don't bee so tough on yourself. I think you are doing fantastic and definitely much better than I am!! with everyones suggestion I tried to keep a 32 oz of water at my desk and I think it may have helped....Going to keep doing this everyday and see how far I get.

As far as veggies - I went from eating lots of lean protien/veggies to can't stand the taste or smell of either. Due to the smells, I have resigned from teh kitchen and my hubby has very kindly taken over. Careful to prep foods before I get home or while I'm out so that I'm not naseaus most of hte night :ohwell:

You activity alone is enough to make anyone jelous!! Keep up all your hard work, it will pay off soon enough :wink:

I think that "Bennett John William Graham" is a beautiful name and I love how it just rolls off your tongue! Just wait until you meet your little guy/ or gal....

Enjoy your evening and try to stick to your daily goals.
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Wow! This board moves a lot faster than I'm used to!

I have my first appointment tomorrow (nothing special, just preliminary stuff, blood work etc)

This is my second pregnancy (P=DS and he is 6) and they want me to go thru another prenatal class bc it's been so many years since I was pregnant. Since I couldn't make the class due to prior commitments the receptionist got me in with the nurse and she said I can talk to the nurse about getting out of the class.

I also want to talk to her about possibly getting an early ultrasound to rule out (or in) multiples. I got pregnant with the help of clomid which increases our chances of twins....

I weighed/measured myself today. I'd like to track my physical progress thru this pregnancy. I was SO young whn I had P that I gained 50lbs and was just over all unhealthy.
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Ugh... I'm so tired of seeing my weight bounce around. But it's like my body is hoarding all of the food I put into it. I still haven't upped my calories, even though I am now in the second trimester. My OB is OK with this, as long as I don't start loosing weight, as I'm still overweight.

Hubby and I are back on dayshift, so that will make going to the gym a LOT easier. Goal for today is to hit the elliptical for an hour!

Fell kind of like a little piggy cause I scarfed down an entire foot long sub at subway today, along with a bag of chips. In my defense though, I had just been through that D*** 3 hour glucose resistance test. I was so hungry and crashing so badly I was shaking. I Got the oven crisp on wheat with no cheese, tons of veggies and red wine vinegar. Chips were the baked lays. I had planned on only eating half and then having the other half for later, but I didn't even realize I had torn through the first half in record time and was on the second before I could even stop myself. Oh well. At least it wasn't Taco Bell or something.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all my fit and fabulous preggo friends! :)

Welcome newcomers! Congratulations! Check out the first post on the board concerning calories and our goals for this group.

Luna glad you are starting to slowly but surely feel better. I've never been sick so much in my life as I've been while pregnant (and we will all agree that sick and pregnant sucks!). I didn't buy a pregnancy journal persay, but I bought a journal that I've been writing in at least once a week since I found out I was pregnant. It is a great way to be able to look back at all the milestones along the way throughout your pregnancy! I also made sure to take a picture at 4 weeks and take one at least every other week to show the progress of the growing bump. :)

Kristy it is different for everybody but you should start to feel flutters any week now! I felt mine around 13ish weeks and she just never stopped! lol

Rosanna you can can the fruits and veggies now and then use them as baby food when you are ready. I don't garden but my parents do and they can fruit and veg and I will just use that as the baby's food when it is time!

Misti I'm not sure if Airborne is approved or not. I'd imagine it is, but I'd wait to talk to the nurse at your OB office. Make sure to wash your hands a LOT while at work! Great job on getting your yoga in!

Rayna....you aren't lazy, you are pregnant! There is a difference. We can only do SO much and sometimes some things have to slip (like being uber organized) so other things can happen (like getting off the couch and working out or making something to eat). Your smoothie idea sounds great! I used to drink a smoothie every single day as well. I'd do a spinach, banana, a little yogurt or almond milk, and frozen strawberries, and some ice cubes and I loved it. But after getting pregnant all I could smell is the spinach and it was such a turnoff and I haven't tried it since. Maybe it is time...And I love the name Bennett and calling him Ben. :)

Alisa are you being seen at a military hospital? Tricare is a stickler about not doing more than 1 ultrasound your entire pregnancy unless you have a good medical reason otherwise (multiple miscarriages, etc.). So I'd make sure if you are off base to pass it through tricare as well. I conceived with Clomid as well and I actually started off with twins. One of the babies never developed past a gestational sac but I was happy that I had one perfect baby in there so the loss of something I never would have known I had, had I not have gotten an early scan wasn't really a big deal. Clomid really only increases your chances for multiples by a very small margin. But I can understand your curiosity. Good luck at your appt today!

Midnight hope you got your hour in that was your goal! :)

AFM I had a long day of shopping for some items on our baby list that we still needed. All the driving and shopping left me exhausted (poor me right lol). It was fun to hang out with a friend while shopping though. She is due 3 weeks after me and having a girl too. Today Al is flying back so this morning I am doing a 5 mile hike then some Tracy Anderson Method then home to spend some time with him. I know I need to make something for dinner tonight....but I'm all out of ideas lately....

Hope you ladies have a wonderfully healthy Wednesday!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Rayna, I’m so curious about this green berry smoothie you mentioned. What’s in it? Would you mind sharing the recipe? Oh and you’re not the only one that doesn’t want to be in the kitchen! Maybe it’s the first trimester nausea for me, but I can’t walk into the kitchen without smelling everything and it making me sick (poor hubby, I made him clean the fridge because I couldn’t open it (only smelly for pregnant me, not to anyone else’s standards)), I was hopping this would go away though. As for names, I like your boy’s name, but can’t figure out if Gemma is supposed to have a soft G or hard G? How would it be pronounced?

Alissa, Congrats on the BFP again! As for the prenatal class, is it really that bad of an idea to go through it again? Every nurse could give you different tips, you may just find something useful, and something you wished you knew when you had P.

Midnite, don’t worry too much about the sub, you had tons of veggies and it’s still healthier than most fast foods! I don’t think there is anything wrong in indulging every once in a while, especially if you still get tons of nutrients from it.

Exercise is getting harder and harder for me even though I’m only 11weeks! I’m amazed at all you women that stay so active! I had a really hard time at my gym class yesterday, we were jumping around (drop down to push up, then back up just to go back down) and I was feeling nauseated! I decided to not do the floor ab portion of the workout (even though it’s the last week I can) because my stomach was so unsteady. Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions to combat the nausea during workouts?
    I have Zumba class tonight, so we’ll see how that goes. I may have a total different issue tonight. I banged my knee pretty hard on the coffee table last night (right at the not so funny, funny bone), and sadly it still is throbbing this morning. I must have really got it at the perfect spot. So we’ll see how it impedes my dancing!
    Happy healthy eating and exercises to everyone!

Ash,
  • dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Kristy - yes, I had a LEEP in December 2009. He said they may be able to manually break it up (ouch), but if not I may have to have another cecerean. He told me to keep in mind if I go to the hospital in labor and he's not there to be sure to let the on-call doc know because they could send me home if they think I'm not dilating.

I was not cleared for the kind of exercise I'd like, but he is definitely not as concerned now that the baby is measuring 7lbs

Abeare - I couldn't keep up with workouts that included a lot of jumping from the beginning (like you described), I'd get dizzy and would feel like my blood pressure was high. You'll probably find that you'll have to adjust certain workouts to make them more comfortable for you.

Have a great day ladies!