I am so sorry about your Mom.
    Big virtual hugs.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,545 Member
    I am Dawn. I joined this thread in November of 2018

My usual goal: 16-20 AF per month.
    I had 19AF days for July.

Diary style (I post the next morning)

Wednesday August 17 - AF - It was touch and go, I had the blender and all of the stuff out several times. My drinks now are mostly when I have had a really good day, or sweated in my garden and accomplished a lot. I had someone come early for me to get off of work and went to a fantastic lake that is pretty much only reachable by truck. I met up with my friend Fred and we drove in. Resisted drinks while at the lake. My hairdresser fit me in to dye out my grey roots when I got back to town, for me to wash out in 1/2 hour when I got home. So there I was with 27 minutes to spare, super hot day, new Gin to make cocktails with...whew. Really glad that I resisted, I have many more AF days to string together this month still. Planned drinks on Friday, so just one drinks day this week. I can wait.
    Thursday August 18 - AF - Went to my favourite lake after work, very very hot here. Knowing that Friday is my "drinks" day, and that I will be working a split shift Friday was enough motivation not to have drinks after the lake on Thursday. I often fall asleep on my floatie, I may have, and then...I felt my finger being pulled. A turtle was trying to eat my finger. I was like "hey turtle!!" Haha, fingers and toes up on the floatie : - ) Didn't break the skin or anything, and didn't hurt at all.
    Friday August 19 - 2 drinks - I really felt it after 5 AF days as compared to drinking every day for 9 days. Of course my belly is distended to about 5 months pregnant the morning after drinks. Haha, maybe I will take a photo of that...not
    Saturday August 20 - AF - I am sure that I can get 5 more AF days in this month to reach my AF goal.

Rolling total: 11AF days out of 20 days
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 782 Member
    @ahoy_m8 I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family are able to find peace and comfort

So AF yesterday for the turkey dinner I prepared for my mothers house. We ate and played 'blackjack' for a few hours before my mom was tired and we were kicked out. Which I encouraged!

Today beer planned later this afternoon. Which is fine I will have my 2 and call it done for the day. This month the AF days are not that many and I know I will rein it in during my fair/working days in a week.

We may take another long weekend in October. We had originally planned to take a 3-4 day trip to the northwestern part of the state with my siblings and my mom. But since she got sick I don't think a trip this year is going to happen. But who knows things can change.

ok back later

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited August 2022
    Beer and wine were flowing for lunch today as we celebrated my son in-law's birthday. But I decided to stick with water and care for my 2 month old granddaughter. It was a good break for my daughter and her husband and good for me as well :)
    No plans for alcohol this evening! So an AF Sunday.

August accountability: 9 days AF
    Alcohol: 12 days (25 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    @ahoy_m8 enormous hugs and thinking of you with the loss of your Mom. ❣
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,545 Member
    @MissMay

Which concert did you attend?
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member

Let Vanity be my motivation today. At my age, I need all the vanity (and collagen) I can get !

Amen, sister!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,516 Member
    August AF days: 14

I could've done better but hey, I am doing it. 9 days to go.

I think we're all doing spectacular, seriously.

I don't think of drinking at all. I do have strange food cravings though. Now that Dawn mentioned a cherry sling, I am tempted to buy maraschino cherries and make something a kid would do - like a soda with ice cream scoop and maraschino cherries on top. It is now 4:53 a.m. and this is what I want LOL.

Make it a great day....it's all yours