August 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    @polskagirl01 so happy that you felt good on your run! Hopefully you are turning the corner :)
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    @polskagirl01 yeah, what he said ^^^^
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    I hope everyone in the Dallas area is safe and that your families are safe - looks like a real mess there!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,785 Member
    1.3" of rain yesterday afternoon for a total of 3.5 since the weekend. we desperately need it in central tx but seriously it could be spread out just a bit. I heard it was almost 8 inches plus in just a few hours in downtown Dallas so not surprised it flooded. jeez.

@eleanorhawkins that doesn't sound like reflux to me. so sorry you are still in pain and i am the same and would have tried running. Jolting pain with every step sounds horrific. I seriously hope you don't have to live with this for another 10 days until the Omapr wears off and they can test. Question tho? was it helping when you took it for a few days?

I absolutely CANNOT run the first mile hard anymore. Maybe the last tho. Age and old body I think. sigh. i need to log my runs for Sun and Monday to see my totals and add to the RTW some. It looked like we are doing ok on pace so I haven't been adding because I am not on Strava it is a pain to manually add.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,785 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    I think I sprained my ankle this morning when I stepped into a pothole and rolled it. I finally got up and hobbled out of the road, shook it off and finished my run but once I got to the office, I had a goose egg bump on the side of my foot. I've got a big overnight hiking trip this weekend so I will baby it the next few days I guess. Sigh... At least I got to see some of California! ;)

Glad all our Texans are safe from the flooding.

Beautiful sunrise @alphahowls!

dang. I hope you did not break anything! damn potholes.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Dang @Teresa502 hope your ankle isn't too serious.
    Sorry for your tough time @yirara 🙁

I did 6 miles on the treadmill this afternoon. 4.8 of that was "speed work".

exercise.png

I tried on some Saucony Endorphin Speed 2 shoes at the store the other day. They felt really good and had a nice pop to them. Then I found them for 50% off on the Saucony website. So naturally I bought 2 pair 😉
    They arrived yesterday and I was eager to test them out. Did a few strides on the treadmill, and they didn't feel at all like they did in the store. Afterwards I tried them on the hardwood floors and they felt better. Thought that was weird, but I'll give them a chance when I can run outside.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,971 Member
    @Teresa502 I hope the ankle isn't seriously injured.

@eleanorhawkins I'm sorry about your races. I hope you get some answers soon.