Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 I’m so terribly sorry for your loss! Death of a parent is a lot to deal with, and the feelings are so raw. I hope you find comfort and healing during this difficult time.

@joans1976 sorry you had to jump back into the stress pool with your job. You may not need a life coach, just an updated resume and a LinkedIn profile!!!

@sarah7591 most of us have had a rocky start with cutting down alcohol. Sometimes we are cooking right along and get derailed.
    It does get easier!

@MissMay congratulations on selling the house! It’s officially official! So happy for you.

@dawnbgethealthy the little turtle nibbling on your finger… I can’t even!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy it was Ted Nugent ( second time seeing him) it was awesome.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,556 Member
    Options
    @joans1976

Yes, maybe time for a new job. Too stressful, which is bad for everything.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @dawnbgethealthy it was Ted Nugent ( second time seeing him) it was awesome.

How awesome!!
    I actually saw him at a concert when I was 15, so...1975!! Cat scratch fever : - )
    That was a big show: Aerosmith, Allman Brothers, Nazareth and others. 10 bands I think, at a very big outdoor event.

You always seem to be doing fun things. Your upcoming new territory will bring even more : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am Dawn. I joined this thread in November of 2018

My usual goal: 16-20 AF per month.
    I had 19AF days for July.

Diary style (I post the next morning)

Saturday August 20 - AF - I am sure that I can get 5 more AF days in this month to reach my AF goal.
    Sunday August 21 - AF - I really felt like having drinks, but had a mock cherry sling, which felt like it was giving me the little buzz that I was looking for lol. Busy day Monday, so it was best to be AF. I may have a couple of cocktails Tuesday night after work.
    Monday August 22 - AF - Long workday with my 2 jobs, felt like having drinks (like usual) afterward, but didn't. My waistline (and weight) sure does reduce after AF days.

Rolling total: 13AF days out of 22 days
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @Womona Thats so interesting that you met with a nutritionist. I know when I eat more, I lose more weight. It’s hard to wrap my brain around but somehow it works. How are you doing on upping the protein?

@MissMay Many congratulations to you! On to the next chapter of your life, how exciting!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @lmlmrn

How fun that you are working the fair again!
    I somehow get emails about what is happening at the Gorge, they get big concerts there!

Every time I try to get more protein I get too much fat. Nuts have more fat than protein, as do eggs and most meats. I will be interested to hear how those of you upping your protein make your choices.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am Dawn. I joined this thread in November of 2018

My usual goal: 16-20 AF per month.
    I had 19AF days for July.

Diary style (I post the next morning)

Saturday August 20 - AF - I am sure that I can get 5 more AF days in this month to reach my AF goal.
    Sunday August 21 - AF - I really felt like having drinks, but had a mock cherry sling, which felt like it was giving me the little buzz that I was looking for lol. Busy day Monday, so it was best to be AF. I may have a couple of cocktails Tuesday night after work.
    Monday August 22 - AF - Long workday with my 2 jobs, felt like having drinks (like usual) afterward, but didn't. My waistline (and weight) sure does reduce after AF days.
    Tuesday August 23 - 2 drinks, felt like a 3rd but knew that would be too much. Enjoyed the flavour and my little "buzz". 7 days to get 3 more AF days in, pretty sure that I can do it.

Rolling total: 13AF days out of 23 days
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Well I was AF last night and Monday. But my AF days will be less than 20 this month. No excuses it is all me and my choices.

Why is it alcohol does tend to take up too much head space as it was put so nicely a few posts back

@joans1976 what type of work do you do? look under the ICF or International Coaching Federation .. org. See if they can offer you some discounted coaching. To be a member coaches need to log x-amount of hours. They need subjects, or they have in the past. Worth a look into maybe.

I am still fussing/coordinating finishing the remodel. My guy to install toilet & vanity is ....I get the feeling.....his heart is no longer in it. I am about to move in another direction to finish this up. They have delayed this project now for weeks. Thankfully they have not been paid in full either.

ok off for now