8/18: 3 miles
    8/19: 3 miles
    8/20: 13.1 miles
    8/22: 2.2 miles
    8/23: 3 miles
    8/24: 3.1 miles
    8/26: 3.1 miles
    8/27: 4 miles

Another afternoon Treadmill run today, this one was the first leg of a Kilimanjaro summit. Luckily not too steep just yet. I liked the trainer but I doubt I'll finish the series. As it moves on it is basically just very steep hiking. Probably cool views. I guess I could just turn the guidance off and enjoy the video at a runable pace/incline.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,780 Member
    those vultures ARE huge and esp when they are spreading their wings (normally to dry them). I was always afraid one was going to poop on me.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    Great job on your race @polskagirl01! I love the shirts.

@eleanorhawkins I agree with the others. Just go and see how you feel that day.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,083 Member
    @tarun_yadavA hey, don't bash carbs, carbs are good for runners lol. I thought of you this morning... I went out way too fast because I was feeling good then had to keep telling myself to slow down, then Always came on so I sang along πŸ˜…
    Don't know whether it was the flat route or whatever but this morning's short run felt gooooood! Thinking of going for another 26km tomorrow to see what happens.

@eleanorhawkins hahaha. Always! Love it!! 😊

(I think that's the only slow-ish song I know all the lyrics too!)
    (Also showing my age here! Lol)

PS: agreed RE: carbs. Yes- Beans and rice, or a tomato-ey pasta with loads of veggie...

However... A stuffed crust pizza followed by cheesecake, on the other hand... πŸ˜‚
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,945 Member
    @marisap2010 You are doing great following the plan. I hope today's run goes well. If you can't do all of the intervals, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Getting the distance in is probably the most important part of the workout.

@eleanorhawkins I'm working on that too - living the moment. I love a good plan, but they seem to change so much lately that I find myself getting frustrated..and moody. I'm still making plans, but trying to not worry so much when they change and just enjoy whatever comes my way. Glad you had a great run.

Nice run @tarun_yadavA . I often kick at the end, just to see if I can. Enjoy your carbs and family. No harm in that. Beautiful picture. Yummm....cheesecake is one of my favorite foods. LOL

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    Mmmmm pizza and cheesecake, very jealous lol

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,083 Member
    @marisap2010 You are doing great following the plan. I hope today's run goes well. If you can't do all of the intervals, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Getting the distance in is probably the most important part of the workout.

@eleanorhawkins I'm working on that too - living the moment. I love a good plan, but they seem to change so much lately that I find myself getting frustrated..and moody. I'm still making plans, but trying to not worry so much when they change and just enjoy whatever comes my way. Glad you had a great run.

Nice run @tarun_yadavA . I often kick at the end, just to see if I can. Enjoy your carbs and family. No harm in that. Beautiful picture. Yummm....cheesecake is one of my favorite foods. LOL

Ooohh... You guys in the States. Lucky!
    No Cheesecake Factory here in the UK 😭

Those Cinnabon Swirl Cheesecakes tho....

Heaven.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,430 Member
    @marisap2010 great job getting in that 16 mile run, especially with those fast pace surges. 24 minutes off your last one is huge!

@polskagirl01 way to go on your race! Some of those parts sound really tough. Great job passing so many at the finish πŸ™‚

@eleanorhawkins yep, take it one day at a time and do what you feel you can on the day.

@tarun_yadavA nice running, and go ahead and eat those carbs. Sooo good!