pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Lanette
    Power discussion:

So my home is 1016 square feet, built in 1962. It is not fully electric, I have a gas water heater and gas oven/ stove top. There is no central heat or air conditioning. The heat is a combo of a wood burning fireplace insert and an electric wall heater in the living room. I have had ceiling fans in my bedroom and in the sewing room. I have bought another ceiling fan for the guest room but haven’t had it installed yet.
    Another option for clothes lines in inside your garage, one of the ones that rolls up and then pulls out and you hook the end across the room. That only works if your garage is an open area.

Beth - ceiling fans might help your son, They don’t really cool anything, but air movement makes you feel cooler.
    Rosemarie – would heated socks or vest help? There are ones with a battery pack so they can keep you warm while doing outdoor activities. I noticed that Heather recommended a similar thing.

Katla – my heart goes out to you. Please work with your daughter or staff at the assisted living community to find/learn about the other transportation options in the area you are. Maybe the assisted living community has a shuttle bus that can take you to the store, hairdresser etc… or you could learn how to use the Lyft or Uber app on your phone. I am guessing that the issue for you is less the physical car, but more the freedom to go when and where you want. And other transportation might help.

Smiles Kim

Plant based foods week of 8/21/22
    1. Lettuce
    2. Red tomato
    3. wheat
    4. basil
    5. eggplant
    6. sun dried tomato
    7. oregano
    8. walnuts
    9. peaches
    10. portabella mushrooms
    11. red bell pepper
    12. grapes
    13. orange tomatoes
    14. coffee
    15. blueberries
    16. potatoes
    17. broccoli
    18. sunflower seeds
    19. onion
    20. dried cranberries
    21. avocado
    22. pear
    23. chocolate (cacao beans)
    24. banana
    25. artichoke
    26. spinach
    27.peanuts
    28. Corn on the cob
    29. button mushrooms

Week of 8/29/2022
    1. Portabella Mushrooms
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well miracles do happen,
    My SIL and brother have invited me up to the lakehouse this weekend. And I have accepted it is a 4 + hr drive but gosh how I love it up there... you can hear the loons in the early morning and late at night. Sit in the screened in porch and have tea. And best of all enjoy there company at least for a day. They are going down on Sunday to Van Morrison at Tanglewood, in the Berkshires for my Brother's Birthday. So I will have the lakehouse to myself overnight which will be nice.. and I get to bring Alfie..
    So im looking forward to that. Will be leaving in a bit for my echocardiogram and chest x ray
  • pipcd34
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Nice ride to friant dam this morning , almost hit 1k calorie burn

Outside ride - 1hr 54min 32sec, 312elev, 66aw, 13.4amph, 129ahr, 159mhr, 25.55mi= 941c
    Strava app = 509c

9qc0bl2zfzb5.jpeg
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Kim ... I love ceiling fans too ... All the bedrooms have them as well as the family room. Took one out in the kitchen when we remodeled and have regretted it ever since.

Lanette ... girl, you watch where you're putting those hands!! :D:D>:)

Beth near Buffalo

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Kim ... I love ceiling fans too ... All the bedrooms have them as well as the family room. Took one out in the kitchen when we remodeled and have regretted it ever since.

Lanette ... girl, you watch where you're putting those hands!! :D:D>:)

Beth near Buffalo

Beth - Get your mind out of the gutter naughty girl. :D:D:D

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where my hands are currently warm - I just took the dog outside and it's 88F!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Cripes! Where did August go? All of a sudden, my groups are starting up!

Visited an old friend today. It was lovely sitting in her garden in the sunshine. I hadn’t seen her since last summer.

I have Shakespeare Study Group on Thurs afternoon, and Parchment Craft on Friday. I need to look out my books and materials. Time flies when your having fun 😝

☘️
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Beth - totally agree stevia and most of the other faux sugars have an aftertaste for me that is a bit like chewing on tin foil.... gross.

Kim
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    My brother is gripping at me
    And i kinda get his point ,Tracy really needs to find a back up babysitter so that I can have time off.. I would never take advantage of my mother to watch my kids all the time every day without a back up.. i do it for free,but i they dont have any close friends or anyone that does that .. will have to talk to her about that.. i would like to be able to plan things and not be tied down until Miles goes to school full time..I did my kid raising.. she did ask me if it was ok to take the job and i said yes.. but will have to work out something eventually.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    My brother is gripping at me
    And i kinda get his point ,Tracy really needs to find a back up babysitter so that I can have time off.. I would never take advantage of my mother to watch my kids all the time every day without a back up.. i do it for free,but i they dont have any close friends or anyone that does that .. will have to talk to her about that.. i would like to be able to plan things and not be tied down until Miles goes to school full time..I did my kid raising.. she did ask me if it was ok to take the job and i said yes.. but will have to work out something eventually.

Yes she might need to find a childcare centre where she can leave Miles on a drop in basis.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Worked, took Jerry home and I suspect he might have had beer in a BK cup so from now on I refuse to take him home with any kind of drink. I don’t care if it’s just water, I won’t do it. Stopped at Dollar General and got a garden stake, then to Food Lion but the store manager who I wanted to talk to was on the phone so I left. Then went in the pool. Had ceramics tonight. Seems that it’s common knowledge that the ceramics building has been sold and that they’re looking at having ceramics at CVCC (the local community college, which is about 5 minutes from our house)

Rori – so happy to see you so very busy and happy.

Lea – welcome

Allie – how wonderful you get to go to the lakehouse. I know how much you enjoy it there. Good luck with the tests

Vicki – I just got a letter in the mail that it was time for my mammo! I already made the appt

Rita – HUG

Beth – I’m the same way – give me real stuff or give me nothing at all. I do not like any artificial sweetener. From everything I’ve read, they can actually cause you to gain weight and that’s something I don’t need. I agree that they have an aftertaste. Even stevia which is supposed to be a natural sweetener. To me, it has an aftertaste

Meg – I’ve used pureed prunes as a sugar substitute. You’re right, you can’t taste the difference. Also used applesauce. Sometimes even pumpkin, depending on what I’m putting it into

Not much else. Night everyone.

Michele NC