WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    Carol & Machka--He will not eat anything that has parents. Not fish or chicken. He does eat some eggs if not fertilized. Eats a lot of peanut butter. Sometimes it's hard when we have pot lucks at work.
    Heather--Family looks like they are having so much fun. Glad they are sharing the pictures with you and you with us.
    Beth--Sending prayers and hugs for you and your mom. So much to handle in such a short amount of time. Hope you can find a place and get her moved closer to you and have one less thing to worry about.
    Tracey--Sounds like you have a great week planned. Hope you get to enjoy every minutes.
    Pip--I agree, your house looks so inviting.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,327 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Vicki ~ "He will not eat anything that has parents." Thanks for the exclamation! Guess I am slow! I finally see what you meant!

Carol in GA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Karen ~ Lovely Colors! He is a great artist!

Beth ~ Hugs, Hugs, and More Hugs. You have been and are going through so much!

Carol in GA
  • AthleteLori
    AthleteLori Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @KetoneKaren Your brother's painting is beautiful! I love it!

I am so hungry today! I don't know what's up with that. Well, I'll just have to deal with it. I hope everyone is having a good day.

Lori in IL
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Beth- Im so sorry to hear about your moms fall. Its just so hard when our parents get older and especially when your not living close by.. ,I'll pray she recovers quickly and they can move her closer to you.
    I woke up sneezing my fool head off today ,but had to watch Miles.. still didnt feel great but made it through.. went to the post office got some stamps,and got Homer outside and came home..
    I took a covid test just for kicks its negative.but ugh I feel horrible.. im going to do my pills for the week. Take some cold meds and go to sleep..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,941 Member
    Options
    :) When I was younger, I was a fairly adventurous eater but the older I get, the more I want the same simple things every day. I tried meatless eating but was exhausted at trying to fill all the nutritional requirements and found the tasty, fun, meatless entrees too high in sodium. Now I eat boneless skinless chicken and ground turkey.

:) I sent an email to Barbara to tell her that we missed her. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

:)Lisa, What does "ETA" stand for?

:)Tracey, I love the sign in your kitchen.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,415 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)
    :)Lisa, What does "ETA" stand for?
    <3 Barbie in NW WA

Sorry, Barbie! It's just the internet acronym for "edited to add." Tells people it wasn't in the original posting, but added at a later point.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    UPDATED

STATS for the day-

Walk/slow jog w/yogi- 1hr 31min 9sec, 41elev, 3.96ap, 121ahr, 153mhr, 6.18mi= 645c
    Strava app = 760c
    Short walk w/family- 20.05min, .91mi= 83c
    Strava app = 112c
    Short walk w/family- 17.55min, .89mi= 96c
    Strava app = 110c

Total cal 824c
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,477 Member
    Options
    Well husbands yearly went fine. They told him the liver is slightly fatty, but it hasn't changed number wise since he got it back in 2014. Guess what doctor that never bothered to actually read his chart, he was given a slightly fatty liver. It started out that way. She also slipped up by saying his bile duct area looked good and the numbers supporting it. Her words, don't want any blockages in the bile duct! Well doctor, if you looked at his chart you would see after a years worth of stents to keep his bile duct open, he had his liver main lined into his intestines, back in 2018. I swear every year we go to his yearly, they call him Ira pronouncing it as "ear-vah" instead of "eye-rah". If we had to go there more often than yearly, we'd make more of a fuss, but gosh sakes can't you write "eye-rah" under his name??? I miss OHSU.🙄.

Didn't visit Burlington's Fred Meyer, because it would involve some back tracking to the restaurant. I did get to stop at a local farmers stand and paid $2 for a pretty peach and $8 for their peach salsa. If you never have has peach salsa its delightful! I have part of my lunch meal I saved, with the appropriate guacamole, and sour cream plastic cups, plus will have some salsa tonight.😁👍🏻

Beth so sorry about your mommas fall.🙏💖😢. She has had a tough time lately. Hugs and healing to her!
    Pip, love the new rug. Brightens the place up!

Well I have my train trip confirmed for September. I will stay most of September at my sisters. Then when she tires of me, I will go up to see son and family, and Lee will come down to pick me up. I am hoping to get some pickles, some tomato sauce, and whatever veggies she lets me have, because I won't be taking any public transportation home.
    Hugs ladies!
    Whidbey island
    WA

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,207 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I was thinking ETA meant estimated time of arrival. Lol. Sorry your tummy is acting up.
    Beth- sorry your mom had a fall. It old rea lily help you if she was closer.
    This was a do nothing da y. I did teach my class but that is all I did.
    Have a great weekend.
    SueBDew in TX
  • AthleteLori
    AthleteLori Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Michele: That's brilliant! (re: needles in a baby jar) I need to do that. Thank you!

Lori in IL
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,931 Member
    Options
    Beth: My mom is also 91 and she also just fell. She didn't break anything. She hit her nose and had to be hospitalized because it wouldn't stop bleeding. She hasn't felt "right" now for a couple of weeks and is concerned. I'm so sorry about your dad. I hope your mom heals quickly.

(((Lori and Beth and your moms)))

I hope they both heal quickly.

My husband took another tumble this week. We really need to get railings installed outside.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,931 Member
    Options
    devyzcxn51gd.png
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    <3