WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk/slow jog w/yogi- 1hr 33min 23sec, 103elev, 3.79ap, 114ahr, 147mhr, 6.20mi= 618c
    Strava app = 762c
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    💖
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    7c2g6xqfy547.png

I've purchased 3 books this week. :):)

M in Oz

I’m reading 4 books at once right now! My DH makes me avoid bookstores (which I won’t) if we pass one! Lol. I’m scared to get a local library card as I would never come home…. Hmmmm I might be onto something there! Lol

L I use the same tortillas from Sam’s! A friend turned me on to them. I used to bake Keto a lot until I realized I have an egg allergy. There is a substance called “Just Eggs” that is an egg free substitute but doesn’t work well for baking- doesn’t rise.

RvRita in Roswell reading…

Had to edit..reading 6 books: an audiobook when I drive, a paperback, a hard cover, one on my phone, 1 on iPad, 1 on my Kindle Paperwhite. Which one I read depends on where I am and what time it is. (All The Lonely People by Mike Gayle (paperback)The Bible on my phone, Stephen King’s Bizarre Dreams (audiobook). Just started Heather’s book on my iPad, Happy is on Hiatus on my Kindle, and an old hardcover Creek Mary’s Blood by Dee Brown).
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I feel you. I had to cut back on my marriage issues. It's a book in itself! :#

Just got lots of photos from my DDIL. Slovenia looks amazing. Here is the love of my life. Edie. <3<3<3

hpr1ub16okp5.jpg

Lanette - I have been to Switzerland as my best friend Ros (who died) lived in Lausanne for a while. I well remember visiting the Olympic office and seeing the mock up of the high jump and pole vault. OMG! :o I ate horse for the only time ever at a restaurant near the Bishop's Palace. The views from Ros's apartment were amazing.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • user2757363
    user2757363 Posts: 35 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    LOL..umm just excuse my spelling of TOSTADOS which I have since fixed..:D
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Alfie and I went and got Homer out and then went and got the key from my friend Carin im going to be taking care of her 4 doggies again this Sunday coming up.brought Alfie up to meet them .. that was fun lol..
    Tomorrow is Miles day ..
    Feeling a bit tired . Did get a load of laundry done,have to chuck it in the dryer..
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Pip - nice big rug!. :D
    You have created a nice, calm home. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx 😘
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    1onderland ~ I buy these at Sam's and Walmart! Not too expensive and make great roll ups.

LA BANDERITA CARB COUNTER - CARB LEAN
    o With Only 4g Net Carbs
    o Only 45 Calories per serving
    o High in Fiber with 11g
    o 0g Trans Fat
    o No Sugar Added
    o Made with Unbleached Flour
    o Aluminum Free Leavening
    o Made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Rita ~ It takes me forever to get through one book. Guess it's my short attention span as I have gotten older. Growing up, I had a book open for hours and hours each day.

Debbie ~ So sorry about the mnl’s continued berating of your DH. Glad you are finally getting some help. Getting the peeing cat out of the house sounds like a good idea.

Heather ~ Your son’s family is so lucky to be able to go away to visit/vacation new places. Edie looks like she is having a blast.

Pip ~ Love the living area. So cosy. The new rug is beautiful.

Vicki ~ I think you made a typo saying the 80+ man you work with won’t eat with his parents. What did you mean?

I ordered Office 365 and am learning how to use it! I used it a lot when I taught but that has been many years.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Carol] - I agree they are lucky. It is a privilege. But I'm sure you can imagine the stress and hard work it takes to enjoy the privilege. Non stop pressure. I often worry about my son. Overworking is a given. Sometimes they are just desperate and have to call on us.
    I am so happy that they can take a break. Doesn't it look amazing?! First time they have done this kind of touring holiday.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    c77cludqpzdu.jpeg
    This was the old rug that I sold
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,530 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    It was a good choice, Pip. It's not just beautiful, it brings a lot of light to the room. Changing the dark blue covers on the love seat and chair also helped a lot. Very peaceful room.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    It was a good choice, Pip. It's not just beautiful, it brings a lot of light to the room. Changing the dark blue covers on the love seat and chair also helped a lot. Very peaceful room.

I actually sold that loveseat and chair and got the others. I got the blue and white loveseat for $50!, for the chair I think for $75 . The new rug has blue and yellow coloring to match
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Pip your place looks so cozy and homey...
    Just got back in the fire alarm went off so we all had to go outside wait for the fire department to come and ok it for us to go back in.. no fire..
    Off to watch Miles tomorrow.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    just hopping in to mention aquafaba (bean juice lol) So that is the liquid you drain off a can of beans - chickpea (garbanzo), kidney, black... I like the garbanzo because of the color. So you use 1/4 cup as a replacement for an egg in baking and it works great - It will beat up like a real egg, but will not hold peaks so you can not use it for meringue - I love it for baking for a vegan, or if eggs are expensive... plus it is kinda cool to use something that would be otherwise trash. I freeze it in 1/4 cup measurements and just defrost and use it as I would an egg.

Kim in N. California

Thanks for that!