WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,139 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Top of the morning to ya! Temperature is much more temperate again, and we have had a sufficiency of rain to green up the lawn.

Beth: I'm so sorry that your mom has fallen and hurt herself so badly. You’ve had a rough time lately. Hope you can find a place for her near you.
    Machka:
    Those placeholders I get ... although the software should automatically take you there. But sometimes it doesn't. :)
    My iPhone takes me to my last post, which is often a couple of pages beyond where I have finished reading.

A Level exam results came out yesterday. Youngest grandson (19) will be going to uni in Hertfordshire in October, relatively close to his sister in Oxford. My girl is gonna miss her baby boy.

My back has been a bit niggly this week, so I have had to baby it a little. Getting older sucks big time!!!

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.
    Loving all the various photos. Still can’t post any from my phone,

Finally caught up 😝

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    Elderly parent woes and illness are no fun whatsoever.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.
    As others have said, we’re friendly, but voluable. Read, comment, ask questions, whatever floats your boat is fine by us.

☘️ Terri

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,139 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Lisa: Sorry the gut is giving you gip again. Pets can be so empathetic. Hope it eases soon.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    So sorry, Lisa. Boo! :# I hope the NP has something useful to offer.

Tracey - So glad you are taking a break and planning some fun. :D<3

Muggy day. Our lawn is greening up a tiny bit too, Terri, but we haven't had the rain here that others have had. Not much more than drizzle. I popped out to the deli, and it was trying to precipitate, but not quite getting there. We are officially in drought.
    Trying to pluck up the energy to write to various media for publicity. I am such a procrastinator! It will get done. It will. ;)
    Barbara- I'm missing you. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I woke up doing the Friday dance. It has been a busy week; with extra children, due to school beginning next week. I have older sibs (because of summer camps/Y camps ending), I have teacher's kids (bc their teacher parents have to report a week earlier than the students), and I have my regular group. So a full house with a larger age range (infant through 8 years old). Today, I only have seven here. No babies, either. The youngest is 3. So, parents are bringing life jackets and we will walk to the beach at 9am, play there for an hour or two, then head back; but through the campground, so that we can play on the playground, there. Easy lunch of hotdogs and fries when we get home and then NAPTIME! They should sleep really well. Yesterday, we did a small study on airplanes and wind. We made paper airplanes (a couple different types) and pinwheels.
    Beth- So sorry to hear about your mom falling, again. I hope she recovers well and you are able to get her to make the move closer to you. Sending you lots of love and hugs! <3
    Heather- The kid's vacation pics have been beautiful! They look like they are having a wonderful time.
    Evelyn- Glad you were able to have a "me" day! Reminds me that I need to schedule one of those.
    Tracey- Enjoy your "get-aways"!
    Terri- What a clever way to mark your place! I hope I am as smart as you when I get a little older. ;)<3
    Lisa in the desert- beautiful pics of your granddaughter and lovely pyro work!
    Pip- Beautiful room! Amazing what the change in rug and furniture covers can do! Yogi looks happy with it. Just curious, is that a bike tire or inner tube on the back of the rocker? lol

Hmmm...hubby walked into the kitchen about 45 minutes ago, when I began writing this post, and after a lengthy conversation about everything; I have lost my train of thought with you ladies. :( I will touch base with the rest of you that I "missed" this time. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    KJ - Always good to see you, dear heart.

Heather - Thank you! The thing that always helps me get past that dragging procrastination with the overriding tinges of "what if," is I try to remember that I'll be a day older tomorrow--and I'd rather be a day older having accomplished what I set. At the moment, it's not working at all, so caveat emptor... :smiley: So pleased and proud for you, dear heart.

The whirling thoughts finally gave way to sleep at about 3:30, so I'm running on three hours sleep. No worries, I can nap later if I want.

Lots of possible accomplishments ahead of me, and the only one I'm fairly assured in accomplishing is finishing this and finishing my cup of tea. After that, all bets are off!

Evie - I keep meaning to say congratulations on your retirement! You sound quite blissful, and I know you'll enjoy these years.

ETA - Lisa in the Mojave, really love that burning work. Awed by it.

ETA once more: For the new ones, after you've published your post, you will see three little dots at the top right, and if you select it, you will have the ability to edit your post. You have only one hour, and then the post can't be changed.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa AR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,895 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Regarding FOMO ...

This is something I don't generally feel. I'm probably the opposite ... FOBI ... fear of being included!! I get a knot in my stomach if people at work start talking about getting together after work for something because I know I'll have to say, "No, thank you".

I was thinking the other evening how glad I am to be able to come home at the end of a day of work and not have to go out ... not have to spend time with people other than my husband.

Although I do have lots to do in an evening, it's so nice to be able to put on the TV or turn on music, sit in my comfortable chair with my feet up and get to work.

All that said ...

Tonight we went out to see a humorous version of "The 39 Steps" in one of our local theatres. Very good! It was nice to see another play this year.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    7c2g6xqfy547.png

I've purchased 3 books this week. :):)

M in Oz

I’m reading 4 books at once right now! My DH makes me avoid bookstores (which I won’t) if we pass one! Lol. I’m scared to get a local library card as I would never come home…. Hmmmm I might be onto something there! Lol

L I use the same tortillas from Sam’s! A friend turned me on to them. I used to bake Keto a lot until I realized I have an egg allergy. There is a substance called “Just Eggs” that is an egg free substitute but doesn’t work well for baking- doesn’t rise.

RvRita in Roswell reading…

Had to edit..reading 6 books: an audiobook when I drive, a paperback, a hard cover, one on my phone, 1 on iPad, 1 on my Kindle Paperwhite. Which one I read depends on where I am and what time it is. (All The Lonely People by Mike Gayle (paperback)The Bible on my phone, Stephen King’s Bizarre Dreams (audiobook). Just started Heather’s book on my iPad, Happy is on Hiatus on my Kindle, and an old hardcover Creek Mary’s Blood by Dee Brown).

Wow! That's a lot all at once.

I've usually got a fiction, non-fiction, and the Bible on my phone going.

Right now, it's a mystery, one of my father's books, and the book of Jeramiah.

Machka in Oz

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,057 Member
    Options
    (((Beth))) I think of when 85 year old MIL who would say it is the sh**s getting old or OHH Cow Chips! She past over 10 year ago. It is one of those times you just do the what you can to get through and be kind to yourself. Much love Margaret :heart:
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    <3

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning all! I woke up doing the Friday dance. It has been a busy week; with extra children, due to school beginning next week. I have older sibs (because of summer camps/Y camps ending), I have teacher's kids (bc their teacher parents have to report a week earlier than the students), and I have my regular group. So a full house with a larger age range (infant through 8 years old). Today, I only have seven here. No babies, either. The youngest is 3. So, parents are bringing life jackets and we will walk to the beach at 9am, play there for an hour or two, then head back; but through the campground, so that we can play on the playground, there. Easy lunch of hotdogs and fries when we get home and then NAPTIME! They should sleep really well. Yesterday, we did a small study on airplanes and wind. We made paper airplanes (a couple different types) and pinwheels.
    Beth- So sorry to hear about your mom falling, again. I hope she recovers well and you are able to get her to make the move closer to you. Sending you lots of love and hugs! <3
    Heather- The kid's vacation pics have been beautiful! They look like they are having a wonderful time.
    Evelyn- Glad you were able to have a "me" day! Reminds me that I need to schedule one of those.
    Tracey- Enjoy your "get-aways"!
    Terri- What a clever way to mark your place! I hope I am as smart as you when I get a little older. ;)<3
    Lisa in the desert- beautiful pics of your granddaughter and lovely pyro work!
    Pip- Beautiful room! Amazing what the change in rug and furniture covers can do! Yogi looks happy with it. Just curious, is that a bike tire or inner tube on the back of the rocker? lol

Hmmm...hubby walked into the kitchen about 45 minutes ago, when I began writing this post, and after a lengthy conversation about everything; I have lost my train of thought with you ladies. :( I will touch base with the rest of you that I "missed" this time. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

That was a bike tire. We had both gotten flats already while here when we were riding.
  • Machka9
    Options
    wwjar185wmbq.png

However, unusually, we did go out on a Friday night to the play "The 39 Steps"! And Rhody did miss us and let me hold him for a little bit. Now I'm in comfy PJs and heading to bed to read one of many books stacked up in there. :):)

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Options
    Tracey have you tried a trackball mouse for your computer? You move the cursor by rolling a ball with your thumb. I found it much easier on my elbow years ago, and now I like it because it takes up less room on the desk. More room for papers!

Lisa Too bad your gut isn't cooperating. Hope things get ever better!

I signed up for a writing workshop tomorrow and I'm so excited to meet writers in my town, and maybe form a group! But they scheduled it for the day of the Peach festival, so the roads will be closed and the parking lot full. I hope some writers show up despite the hassle. I plan to walk there.

Annie in Delaware
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Beth - (((HUGS))))) so sorry to hear about your mom :'( Praying things work out and you can get her moved closer to you. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Beth, Oh no! I am dismayed about your mother's fall. You have had to bear too much the last year.

Lisa, Sending healing vibes to your poor gut.

Pip, I love your new decor. It's lovely.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk/slow jog w/yogi- 1hr 31min 9sec, 41elev, 3.96ap, 121ahr, 153mhr, 6.18mi= 645c
    Strava app = 760c