WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Well, I went to the library talk about writing. It was an excellent talk, but I didn't meet anyone with whom to form a group. There were two who seemed to be children and another who was loud and kept interrupting. Maybe next time.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Well i feel better took another morning nap and slept till noon..
    Got up and took a shower and got dressed and gathered all the papers I had sitting on the counter and thr floor in my bedroom and started going through those. Chucking what I could boxing up financial stuff ,and setting aside medical stuff.
    Got dishes done.gor the garbage together
    Texted with Tracy.. she sent me a video.. Miles is crawling now and pulling himself up to stand so now all bets are off. If he is like his mother he will be running at 9 months lol.
    Rita- so happy to hear your finding fun things to do..
    Me and Alfie are relaxing now. Have his food all set he will eat eventually
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    Someone asked about my rattan egg chair. Profile pic shows it.

• Anniesquats100
    Options
    I walked to my library event: just about a mile each way. Found out the sciatica (or whatever it is) hits at about three quarters of a mile. I so admire you ladies who can walk for an hour! Well, I should sleep well tonight!

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Barbara glad to see your post. I knew you were well because my home page showed how many days you'd logged in. I am riding my exercise bike while logging today's food and reading the posts since morning. I always read this thread while I eat breakfast I don't do well responding to people like you do, but the reading points me in the right direction

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    Today was 4 oz of kielbasa sausage, 1/8th of a yellow sweet onion, small container of wild rice, and about 6 cheese filled pasta. I used 4 chicken stock ice cubes, 1 T of butter and 1/8 cup of half & half. Great stew! For all the new people WELCOME! This is a great band of warrior women!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
    w1baa9z19x8x.jpg
    Kind of the same stance I have when I gotta go to the ladies room!😜😂

I use about that stance when I am about to sneeze!!!- got to get the legs crossed quick!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    My friends band playing at the local watering hole.and my dear friend and hwr husband are up from North Carolina..but I just cant handle a crowded bar,love my friends,love the music..but this place is small and to loud..so im out for tonight.but hope I will get to see them during the week..
    Im going to bed now..
    Taking care of my friends pups tomorrow
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Did my dumbbells! Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,179 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Michelle- Zuko is still here, just not inside the house. He hangs out in the back yard next to the catio with all the other cats in it. He won't leave. He is too food oriented-
    When it starts getting cold/wet, I will change the catio from one large one for all the inside cats to two . The original part for the inside cats but close off the second part and open the side so they will have cover inside the playhouse that is in there and we will put a cover over the top- right now it is not covered so they get more air in.
    One is still peeing on a pad in the bed- just not sure which one. I will spray the bed again with the deterrant and work harder keeping the litter boxes really clean and hope who ever did it will stop. One pad a day I can deal with(but don't like it when it is the one next to me).

The new kitten is doing well- loves the attention. Likes to be held and cries if I ignore him. He is still staying in the pen all the time unless I am holding him. I will do that for another week I think. Can't let it in the catio.

Have a wonderful Saturday

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Have you taken the cats with the bladder issues to the vet? One of my previous cats started peeing everywhere and we discovered he had diabetes.

There are also cat behaviouralists who might be able to help.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Barbara glad to see your post. I knew you were well because my home page showed how many days you'd logged in.

That's just a matter of keeping/leaving MFP open on your computer. You don't actually have to log or anything. I have an enormous number of days I've logged in and that's simply because I leave 2 or 3 things open on my laptop, including MFP.

barbiecat wrote: »
    I am riding my exercise bike while logging today's food and reading the posts since morning. I always read this thread while I eat breakfast I don't do well responding to people like you do, but the reading points me in the right direction

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I read while riding the bus to and from work. :)

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    edited August 2022
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Thanks for the update Katla! Keep us posted!

I had an interesting day yesterday. Early morning appointment with ENT went well. He sees no holes in ear, just scar tissue from old hole. Everything healing fine from surgery.

I then went to Post Office then dropped off bloodwork at different doc office. Next I thought I would check out the adult center her and get flier on hours and class offers- left with that AND A JOB teaching at the center! Soooo from there went to temp office to get started for job (class starts in October) and met someone from when I lived in TN! Sold her a membership to- and she is interested in being on board of- Friend of Bottomless Lakes of which I am on the board and secretary for. I had wanted to go to library but didn’t do that as I got what I was looking for at the Adult Center.

Now to stabilize the meds I’m on and things are taking a turn for the better! About time!

Weight is going down but colitis still a bear because of med changes, gut heading to better.

Laters ladies!
    RvRita

What will you be teaching??? :smiley:

M in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    Went and walked MIL's dog- went out with dh- the first hour was really bad- non stop cussing/negative everything. He calmed down after a while, got lunch and did our shopping and mil's shopping.
    Came home for a while. He wasn't in a rush to go back to her house because she had a "friend" over.
    As we were walking in the door, my MIL said to the lady " G** Damn it- SHE'S here too" Talking about me. I dropped the groceries that we had picked up for her on the table and sat on the couch while dh talked to the other lady then just left. Not going to sit there. The other lady left and she was slamming stuff. DH went outside and stayed out there- I am so proud of him for doing that. Better than getting into a yelling match with her. She ignored him the rest of the evening. He is sleeping over there now- going to work at 11PM, going to help at a Comic-Con in San Jose with a friend then working again tomorrow night. Not sure when he will get any sleep but at least he is out of her house for the day.
    He is kind of hoping I will drop off food for her for tomorrow afternoon- Not feeling it but most likely I will. No clue what I am making. I should just let her make herself a PBJ sandwich and not deal with her but don't want to be petty, like she is.
    Church in the morning then work in my garden and sometime go walking. Time for a little me time.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Belated welcome @1derland99 L in the Mojave.
    Thru pg 22, 18 to go… zzzzz

Done:
    8/10: Move: pt appt, line dancing, dogs to powerline, steps:5931
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) +13+2+5+2 so far: avocado, beans (kidney), beets, carrots, celery, cherries, chili peppers, coconut milk powder, cucumber, garlic, ginger, lentils, onions, parsley, peach (white), potatoes, spices (black pepper, cinnamon, cumin, paprika), spinach, tomato concentrate, walnuts, watercress, wheat (naan).
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, prep and board meeting.
    Wt: 138.2
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    August: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Barbara- plant consumption going well. Good job! :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We had dinner with our daughter and her children yesterday. I enjoyed seeing them. We added a table and chairs to our apartment while they were here. I haven’t decided whether I like the extra furniture. 🤔. I’ll look at it again today.
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie from Georgia