Rosemarie from GA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,888 Member
    Options
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Rori -- I hope you enjoy Hadestown. You'll have to let me know what you think. I saw it a few weeks ago in Portland.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    At this time DH and I are in a retirement center in Illinois where he is getting physical therapy & occupational therapy after his heart attack. He is very pleased with his progress. We are content being here while he is getting help. Once he his ready we both want to return to our home in Oregon. We are taking things one day at a time.

I'm glad things are going well, Katla. We love you and are thankful for your friendship.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Katla - Sending love to you and your DH. <3<3<3

I haven't driven since we moved to Hove, nearly four years ago. I don't even like being driven, and I will not go far with DH driving. If I do get in the car, I sit in the back and distract myself with a screen. I hate motorways.
    This does have an effect on our ability to travel. DH is not enthusiastic about trains, but will, tolerate them. Luckily, cruises are perfect, though the journey to the port, by chauffeured car, is not my favourite part.

Rosemarie- Have you investigated electrically, or battery, warmed clothing? It must be cheaper than having the heat up high. DH gets very cold hands and I looked at battery gloves for him once. Light thermal layers, like mountaineers wear, also make a huge difference. We will be wearing those this winter with our astronomical rises in energy bills.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,185 Member
    Options
    I went shopping with our daughter today. She was preparing for our grandson’s birthday party. I hope the party went well. I picked up a few groceries for DH & me. He has not been feeling well and I’ve been worried for him.

Sorry your husband isn't doing very well.

I hope the medical staff where you live now are looking after him.

Are they looking after you too?

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    At this time DH and I are in a retirement center in Illinois where he is getting physical therapy & occupational therapy after his heart attack. He is very pleased with his progress. We are content being here while he is getting help. Once he his ready we both want to return to our home in Oregon. We are taking things one day at a time.

I thought you were going to move in with your daughter.

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,378 Member
    Options
    Rori: 🥰 all the exciting activities you are doing. The joy jumps off the page.

Katla: (((Hugs)))

I’m off out to visit a friend this morning.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Rori - So happy that you are finding some waves of joy. Your friendships are such a blessing. When are you visiting England? :pB)<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka — My daughter wants us to build a home on her property. DH is recovering from his heart attack & stroke at an assisted living facility in Illinois. He is doing well here, and is improving. I am living here with him.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka — My daughter wants us to build a home on her property. DH is recovering from his heart attack & stroke at an assisted living facility in Illinois. He is doing well here, and is improving. I am living here with him.

Both a heart attack AND a stroke!! :open_mouth:

That's a lot to be recovering from.

Take this time to rest and recover.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Lots of time planned with the grandchildren. <3
    Tomorrow the girls are coming until 1 pm. I will give them lunch.
    Next week Max is coming for one of the days and we will walk with him to collect the girls from school. He starts his new school a bit later in the week.
    This year my birthday is on a Sunday in October. Edie has been agitating about having a sleepover, so I have booked them in to stay on the Saturday night and have birthday breakfast with us. :D Last year we did it for DH'S birthday, which is on a Monday this year, of course. I can see DH tossing gluten free pancakes! :p Last year, I was on duty.

Bank Holiday today. I didn’t write, but bought Edie's birthday presents. A board game she asked for, and Fymo modelling stuff, which she really wants. So that's all done. I also bought myself a long sleeve thermal vest in black. I have a cream one. Hope to be able to turn the temps down this winter by a degree. I hate being cold though. The government is bringing out packages of help, but I estimate we will have to find an extra £1000.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    I also bought myself a long sleeve thermal vest in black. I have a cream one. Hope to be able to turn the temps down this winter by a degree. I hate being cold though. The government is bringing out packages of help, but I estimate we will have to find an extra £1000.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

It's funny ... I like hot weather and being outside when it's hot.

But I really dislike being in a hot building or hot car.

And I'm rarely cold ... or even cool.

The temp in here right now is about 17C (62F) and I'm in a sleeveless top and quite comfortable. I do have a small desk fan if I start feeling too warm.
    I'm pretty sure the temp at work is about 20C (68F) at least. And I run my desk fan all day long.
    The bus ... they tell me they keep it at a scorching 22C (71F) but I have seen it up to 30C (86) on my thermometer.

M in Oz

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Rori - reading about your life really energizes me! Thank you for sharing your joy. If your roomie has a twin brother, please find out if he'd like to live in SW WA State. :D And if he likes yard work, lol. I have a spot for him. ;)

Heather - glad your family is back safe and sound. I'll bet the grands will have plenty of stories to tell. :)

Rosemarie - a few times I was able to get my husband to use a lap blanket or put on an extra sweatshirt, but not often. I too turned up the heat. :# Really noticeable when we'd run out of firewood. Sigh.

I have very cold hands that are almost painful in the winter. I bought kid's socks at the dollar store, put a cup or so of rice in each one, and tied it off at the top - and made mini handwarmers to stick in my pockets when I go for a walk, zapping for 40 seconds before heading out the door. Otherwise I have to fight sticking my hands down my pants to keep them warm but the neighbors.... :o

Also, I'm a fan of quarter zip pullovers with stand-up collars. If I get too hot, I can just unzip a bit but the back of my neck stays warm. A few years ago I bought a couple on sale at the Eddie Bauer outlet. They are really warm - not thermal weave, but perhaps something skiers wear.

I look for them when I go to thrift stores, and sometimes find good ones in the men's section. Something I can pull over a light shirt. Don't think I can let my house get down to 45F like Kim, but I'm looking forward to experimenting to see how Rosie and I will fare. She has plenty of sweaters.

Make it a super week! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    ;)