• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    💞
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Lisa - our youngest daughter won’t eat any meat that she can see any veining, bones, etc in. I don’t know when she started this because she ate it when she lived at home.

Travey

I don't like eating identifiable meat either!

And absolutely won't touch meat that is still red or pink or in any way not completely and utterly cooked.

Much of the time, I simply don't eat meat. Much less stressful that way.

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    VivUK, You have all of us! <3

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Debbie - Your photos of the wetlands and beach are lovely. How great to have that on your doorstep and friends to enjoy it with. B):)<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Getting there! I also rowed for 10 minutes and climbed 10 flights of stairs.

jamppe7f944a.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    7c2g6xqfy547.png

I've purchased 3 books this week. :):)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    How Does Fat Leave the Body When You Lose Weight?
    By Darla Leal Updated on October 11, 2021
    Medically reviewed by Melissa Rifkin, MS, RD, CDN

https://www.verywellfit.com/how-does-fat-leave-the-body-4165132

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Viv UK-I can relate to FOMO (after I looked up what it meant!). It does feel at times we are on an island by ourselves. Most of my friends have husbands, and while we do our ladies group-they are usually tied up with family/husband. Or since many of them are retired (and I still work) they are engaged in other groups/activities during the day. I usually just give myself a bit of time to sing the blues and then go accomplish something (walk, clean something out, run errands). I have discovered that my friends who have the other stuff (like husband and kids still around) are at times jealous they don't have my freedom!

Very busy at work so far-eases off today. Go to an out of town meeting then I am taking off early to cover evening time at work stuff and Friday vacation most to the day because I need to use it. Relaxation starts today!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Lisa in the desert - I just skimmed through your posts but will make time to read them thoroughly. :) Your exercise routine, your pyrographer skills, way of life. I love reading about the happenings and environment where we are.

Mary- beautiful photos of the horse and your daughter's home. Loved the childhood photos. I ran across a few of mine the other day and looked at that young girl - wondered if she had any clue about the life she would live.

Viv - I too had to look up FOMO. :) I'm just so lucky to have a walking buddy neighbor who is a good friend and fills the void for me as far as human contact. The pandemic put a halt to so many social activities with friends, and with DH's progressive illness I was OK being a homebody and entertaining myself. I told my walking buddy yesterday that I can see myself becoming a hermit like DH was. And part of that might be from spending a lot of my life on a farm without people other than family around.

Heather - good for you getting your book published. Thank you for sharing the photos of your family visiting Slovenia! I had to look at a map- my dad visited Switzerland during WWII and took beautiful photos of the countryside, it looks similar. Have you ever been there?

Lovely to see all of the writers in this group!

Vicki - you have been on my mind since I read about your trip to the ER. <3 Hope it gets resolved without your being back on meds.

Katla - so glad to see you check in. Did you say your daughter is remodeling their house or in some way making a place for you and your DH to stay on their property?

Lisa in Arkansas - looks like your weather is going to cool off for a while, whew - your temps have been murderous!

I think I mentioned I was going to try making Kefir and I'm hooked. I have a batch fermenting on the table beside this laptop right now and love the yeasty/buttermilky/yogurty smell. Looks like it is setting up and will be ready to put in the fridge before long.

There's a farmer who sometimes shows up on Saturday afternoons at the produce stand down the road, and I think he/she sells cheese and maybe milk. I am going to check it out this weekend. I would love a source for local milk.

I'm so grateful I can eat dairy. Milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, milk and now Kefir. My German parents and grandparents thrived on it and lived well into their 80's and 90's.

Fall/Winter weather predictions - Do any of you think we are going to have an early fall and perhaps harsh winter after broiling this summer? I hear crickets at night already - seems to me this is early.

Welcome newbies! So glad to see you contributing - you can see we talk not only about weight loss and health issues, but our kids, hobbies, work, furbabies, you name it. Over time, you'll find we get to know each other like family. Join in when you feel the urge.

So many more I want to comment on, hope to get back at it today. :D

Make it a fabulous day!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where we'll see mid 90's again. Grateful for shorter days.

• Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Iderland99 cant wait to try the torttlla

Heather in Va glad your son doesnt need surgery

Viv in UK hard to enlarge social group with Covid. Hang in there

Looking for a good day. I have a caretaker until 2pm but the heat confines me to the house. Might go to a bookstore or coffee shop.
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie from GA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    B)
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    <3

Debbie and Heather, your pix just make me smile this morning. THANK YOU!

Carla, in MN