WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    What did I tell you? Vince is negative. The MD office just called. Actually, they also tested him for the flu and that's negative, too.

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Vicki- You are right that the first two I AM books are consecutive. This new one takes a bit of a break and is in a different style, more psychological, which is why I reversed the I AM to AM I? :p It may be some time before I write the next instalment to the I AMs. I would call WHERE AM I? a 'case history', rather than a straight memoir. Thank you so very much for reading them all! <3

We had some rain today. Next door is having her new 'summer house' put up at the bottom of the garden, so we had four soaking wet men in orange t shirts, digging, drilling and grinding concrete next to us while they prepped the ground and ran an electric supply up there. Ugh! Occasionally they had to retreat because it was tipping it down. They should be laying the base tomorrow. Rain expected. :o

I should be going to a French Circle get together in a park tomorrow morning, but I think it will be too wet. I'll judge it in the morning. Haven't seen them for a year as we were worried about covid.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    ibn6346cqdpl.png
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Life has provided surprises for me. I’m an Oregon girl, currently living in an assisted care facility in Illinois. We have an apartment here. DH had a major stroke and needed health support closer to our daughter. I am here to support my husband.

Have you been able to go for walks to explore your new area?

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Katla - glad someone is looking after your Oregon home. Hang in there.

Welcome to the newbies!

Vicki - hope your visit with the cardiologist works out well.

The books all look interesting. Lisa, are you working on a sequel to your mystery?

Went to PT early this morning and feel like I have not accomplished much else all day. The ankle always feels sore after he gets done poking and prodding and I do all of the exercises.

Favorite exercises: horseback ridong and swimming.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Well, went to the last Rummikub that I HAVE to be at. I met the gal who is going to take it over and it seems that if she can’t find anyone to host, then she’ll have it at her house. Really, I wouldn’t want to have it at my house every month, but it’s up to her.

Welcome Lori. Do you have to give Jax insulin? We had a cat who was diabetic. Really, when it was time for his insulin he, literally, would come to us as if to say “it’s time”. I do think he associated the insulin with feeling better. Now Jessica’s cat who was diabetic! That was another story. He wanted nothing to do with the insulin. Giving it to him was a real hassle.

Anne DE – I know our vet has a month when it’s “Dental Month” and you get the dental work for a certain percentage off. You might ask your vet if they have something like that. As I recall, the month seemed to be February, but don’t quote me on that.

Talked to the vp of Newcomers. Seems that the first month after Vince helped the treasurer, her reports were more what they wanted. Unfortunately, it hasn’t continued. Of course, we don’t want to hurt her by Vince jumping in and doing the job. Wish she’d ask for help. Oh well…..

Michele NC
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Heather...I hate to go to sleep because I want to stay up and keep reading your writing. I love the quotes from various authors. By sharing with us your life you open the door for the reader to examine her own life. Rosemarie from GA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    more unneccesary drama with stuff broken because of anger between dh and mil- Every time we think it is calm it comes out of no where. They both need major psych help.

No walking today- really wanted to but it was too hot and when it cooled down, dh was home and wanted me to listen to him again-(so hard to not say I don't want to hear it) If I dont agree with him he gets mad at me.
    Tomorrow I will walk with my zumba friends around the wetlands for at least an hour.
    May walk MIL's dog but most likely not- she said she doesn't want either of us there, she doesn't need our help(but wants social worker to come and help her-)
    I will wait and see how she is tomorrow-
    Tomorrow is the daycare girls first day of school so I will pick her up at 12:30.

Hope you all have a wonderful day/night

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,743 Member
    Options
    Anne - I use the weight scale daily, you’ve made a good point about the importance of a food scale too. I have failed at that recently (Ok I guess 2 years isn’t recent). 😐

Heather - congratulations on getting your book posted!

Rebecca - “food is nourishment not a recreational activity”. That is my problem right now, I know I’m eating a lot in the evenings just out of boredom.
    I can’t imagine what your sister is going through.

Rita - hope the meds get straightened out soon. Good job on the loss!

Sue - I need to go through some things too. What a great idea to give it to the rummage sale.

Karen - that sign is hilarious. It’s a long process clearing a house.

Lisa from the Boonies - my husband does pyrography. I’ll have to check out your page. Dancing and moving in my living room sure helped me.

Mary - that looks idyllic, but I know it’s a lot of work.

Machka - I do most of the things to get more activity in. I have no stairs anywhere though so that one is out. I need to get back to the regular walking. Walking and dancing are my favourite activities.

Vicki - I hope it’s nothing serious and you’re able to avoid meds.

I had some cucumbers given to me yesterday so I’m going to try pickling for the first time this weekend. Lauryn and Michaela are going to help. I have to go get some mason jars.

I have worked on my stockings this evening. I want to have them all completed by end of August, but I’m not sure that’s going to happen.

Tracey in Edmonton