WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 957 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I have the utmost empathy for people with foot pain. A few years back, I had severe bilateral plantar fasciitis, to the point it would bring me to tears at times. Once on my feet, I would avoid sitting down, because standing up was agonizing. I tried night splints, orthotics, special shoes...and finally, of all things, Crocs to the rescue. By this time, I had suffered for well over a year. I rarely wear anything other than Crocs. I don't care if they're fugly, as long as my feet don't hurt.

Karen in Virginia

I wear Oofos, but they don't seem to be helping. Maybe Crocs are what I need. Thanks for this.

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    I just watched the video series from our favorite physical therapists, Bob and Brad, and I don't have the indications it's plantar fasciitis. My arches don't hurt. My feet just feel like I've been standing up all day. I don't know what it is.

Tina in CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,296 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Tina - I do all the planning. I book everything. That way it's done properly. I have to be careful how I approach it, so he doesn't feel sidelined. I usually suggest something and let him mull it over and ask him if he's on board every step of the way. He is usually very happy with that, but I do recall hiccups in the past when he felt I was 'taking over'. I'm also the ideas person, so I don’t have that problem. Diplomacy is necessary.
    I also do things on my own, or with girlfriends, which he finds a bit unsettling, but doesn't object. He doesn't necessarily like it, but I would do it anyway and he would be embarrassed to object as he prides himself on being a feminist. He can be jealous of my attachment to my girlfriends and my delight in people I 'follow' in the media. He never says so, but he does feel shut out sometimes. For example, I would love to chat with his sister, who I get on with really well, but he would find my ringing her up independently very anxiety making. I am tactful about that. He is sensitive about rejection, but it's usually within bounds.
    I hesitate to give advice about husbands, but it looks as if you already know what path to take. <3 Sometimes when we change, people resist. But in the end, our truth is better for them too.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,996 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    All the cats, inside and out are taken care of(food and litter boxes all done)
    Had my tea while checking in here.
    Dishes done
    Going to go over early and walk a bit at the wetlands before picking my daycare girl up.
    Zumba tonight- so I will be sure and get my steps back up where they should be.
    Scale FINALLY went down yesterday(after a week of not doing much exercise at all-only hit 10k three days of the seven - half the steps for the week than I did the week before(and that was just an average week) Not walking the dog hardly at all. Just don't feel like dealing with driving over and then who knows the mood of MIL- she has help coming in for the first time this morning. I am sure I will hear about it tonight.
    145.8 down from 147.2 the week before.
    18-20 to go. I have been stuck at 146-147 for over 6 months it seems, maybe not that long(will have to check the calendar. Need to find what works and keep up with it.

Have a wonderful Monday
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

edit- 153 in January. Sure wish it wasn't sSSSOOOOO slow loosing it
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,625 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    I have the utmost empathy for people with foot pain. A few years back, I had severe bilateral plantar fasciitis, to the point it would bring me to tears at times. Once on my feet, I would avoid sitting down, because standing up was agonizing. I tried night splints, orthotics, special shoes...and finally, of all things, Crocs to the rescue. By this time, I had suffered for well over a year. I rarely wear anything other than Crocs. I don't care if they're fugly, as long as my feet don't hurt.

Karen in Virginia

I wear Oofos, but they don't seem to be helping. Maybe Crocs are what I need. Thanks for this.

Tina in CA

I’m gonna tell kirby about the crocs but will he still be able to walk 6 miles in them?
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Karen--Thanks for sharing the picture. They are beautiful.
    Michele--Love your Goofy. He will fit right in with the rest.
    Pip--Do you mean you can not see the TV screen now or will not be able to after the surgery? Wishing you the best of luck.
    Machka--Glad DH was not hurt in the fall. Still scary.
    Rita--Sounds like you had a great trip to town. Best of luck with the job and class schedule. Glad you are doing better, scary what the meds were doing for sure.
    Barbara--Hi, missed you.
    Heather--Enjoying the pictures of the children. Looks like they are having a lot of fun.
    Tina--Sending hugs and prayers. You do what you have to do for you. I know that is easier said than done. I know part of how you are feeling, only I go from one extreme to the other of not wanting to do anything to thinking I have to do it all at once. I get excited about doing something and when the time comes I have talked myself out of it.
    Machka & Lisa--I can remember the last time I cried. I get sad, but no tears. I just feel numb or angry. I go see my regular doctor next week and will talk to him about it. I don't want to go back on antidepressates as last time I didn't feel anything and then after several years on them I got the hives for 10 months everyday.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

I can not see clear images of who’s on the tv screen, it’s blurry. I am good with actors voices so I can tell who it is even if I can clearly see them. I should be able to see after the surgery, I will just need reading glasses so I can read and probably see my phone screen too I would imagine. I just walked to the eye doctor and paid 1680.00 for both of my eye lens, I only needed to pay for one ($860.00) but paid for both. She’s going to send me an email, I asked her how much it would have cost if I had no insurance.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip, I walked all over Europe in my Crocs. I don't know how Kirby will do, but it might be worth a try!

• pipcd34
    Options

Karen in Virginia

Tina in CA

Has anyone tried Birkenstocks?
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Did you know of anyone trying Birkenstocks?
    Pip, I walked all over Europe in my Crocs. I don't know how Kirby will do, but it might be worth a try!

• AthleteLori
    AthleteLori Posts: 157 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. I had bloodwork done in June and have not wanted to go in and talk with him about it. If I want to get healthier, it's time to go. I'm tired of being so tired.

Annie: I'm sorry you are losing your book group. That must be frustrating.

Lori in IL
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

Karen in Virginia

Tina in CA

Has anyone tried Birkenstocks?

Birkenstocks have a very hard sole, in my opinion. They are not comfortable to me.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    Afternoon again ladies
    Folded laundry and put it away and that was the extent except for getting Homer out
    So Tracy called me asking if I could watch Miles for an hour or so on Thursday because she has an interview for a new job. I had no plans so of course will help out ,they also will be having the heat/ac guys there working wed,thurs,friday so I'll be there.. went to dollar tree and got a birthday bag and a card for Eastons birthday on Saterday..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip, I wore Birkenstocks for years. The last pair I bought I just couldn't get "broken in" - it seemed as if the sole/footbed was stiffer or different than previously. I loved my Birkies up until that point. I might try them again!

Karen in Virginia
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Yea. Finally we got rain. About 5 inches. We also got a break in the 100 degree temps. So happy
    Barbara- glad to see you again. When I get too far behind, I go the last two or three pages and see what the conversations are snout. Can’t see well enough to read loads of pages.
    SueBDew in TX
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family to eye doc n bk- 2hrs 8min 23sec, 40elev, 2.90ap, 103ahr, 153mhr, 6.22mi= 608c
    Strava app = 762c
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,080 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't manage to quit the book group but I did say that we are headed in different directions and we need a book to help us focus. That pushes my decision back another week or more. So a compromise. I guess I'm okay with it.

Annie in Delaware