WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,955 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    DH & I are currently living in an apartment in an assisted living place in Illinois. It is a very good situation for the two of us. DH is recovering from a serious heart attack, and we are grateful that he is doing okay. 🙏🏻 ❤️

:) Are you doing any knitting. Knitting would be a perfect thing to do while your husband recovers <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Carol … cashews, crackers and cookies… the exact items I binged on the other night. I’m not buying any more….

Beth
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,072 Member
    Options
    I did my dumbbells Yay! It was a makeup session from Saturday night when I was off on my theater outing.

Annie in Delaware
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,508 Member
    Options
    Margaret kutsabishi. Who knew???
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,597 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,742 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Kelly- Tom and Elena went to Lake George overnight for Toms 70th Birthday.
    I stayed at the house because of Homer our dog ,he is 16 1/2 and blind and on meds and knows that house and is more comfortable there.. ive had him here ..but he goes to the door and scratches to go home..
    Even still he would go to the family room and look towards the door waiting for Tom to come home..those 2 have a tight tight bond.
    I got the correct meds in at the correct times.one has to be with food.. he has a meal at midnight but had it at 11.luckily i had made it ahead of time.. and Alfie and he were in and outside I dont know how many times..don't think they settled down until after 1 am.. and I was awake at 5:30..
    Tom and Elena had a lovely time... went on a luncheon cruise and had a nice dinner out.. relaxed and had a few cocktails and walked Canada st where all the shops are.
    They were home by 1:30 on Sunday.. Homer barking away..they bought me a nice dream catcher.. Alfie and I got Tom a card and a gift certificate to a local restaurant. The card was hysterical had a dog on the front and it said inside
    Your how old? Thats dead in dog years lol
    He turns 70 today.
    Im going with Tracy today to help with Miles while she grocery shops..had the windows open last night it was lovely..great sleeping weather .. out like a light.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    Options
    I'm attempting to upload my book. Got the cover done, but I'm having all the trouble I anticipated uploading the text. It's the front few pages that get me every time. Nearly drove myself crazy before lunch, but I will have another go this afternoon, now I have stopped panicking. :#
    It will happen eventually, if I don't go crazy first. :o
    Not cut out for this.

Heat is less intense. Cloudy and a bit muggy.

My friend G is in Paris, seeing her granddaughter. :D I like getting messages and photos from her. I have visited Paris around 17 times. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Kamaphia welcome back...I do Get Fit With Rick Videos...some are free online. He use to be a dancer for various bands...in his 30s now and an easy way to get steps in.

KJLamore..what beautiful, happy children

Evie1958..Congrats on retirement

CityJanetLondon..great going on the self care!

I have a caretaker here for my husband today. So I will bring some Hummingbird cake to a friend..go to the book store and have writing group at 3pm.

Mary from GA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    <3:)<3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hi y’all. YAY! The heat is finally gone. It was morning when I started this post. Now it’s after lunch. Luckily I had hit the save draft button.

Evelyn: Enjoy your retirement. Ease into it gently.
    Heather: Hit the button! You know you want to. 😂 Ah! I see you did.
    Rebecca: What Barbie said except I was 67 when I started adulting 😝
    Tracking food was an eye opener. It showed me that my portion control was wayyyyy off the mark. I weigh, measure, and track my food every day. Eyeballing portions is a definite NO! NO!

I took me over 7 years to change my habits, one by one. I still enjoy my food, I just eat it in more moderate amounts than I did before.

It’s been raining off and on since breakfast. Probably won’t stop for a while. Thunderstorms passed us by.

Psyching myself up to go and declutter something.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating. May you have all you wish for.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them. This too shall pass.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies. Don’t be shy!

☘️Terri
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,072 Member
    Options
    Yay Heather! What an achievement!

Welcome to Anne in Fenwick Island. I'm way up north of you. Yes measuring and logging and weighing make knowledge which helps set appropriate limits. You can do this!

Annie in Delaware
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather DE! Welcome. We posted at almost the same time so I missed you yesterday. So sorry about your mom. Wish you the best in your journey.

Evey, just love your pole dancer!

Hi Anne! (love that name... that's our youngest DD's name) Welcome. You do live in a beautiful part of our country. Have to say that.

WOOHOO! Heather UK! I'm so excited. That's amazing. So you'll let us know when it's live right? And give us all the link so we can go grab it??? I've actually had this on my calendar notifications to ask you about this entire month!!!

Carla, in MN