WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Still working and Jess is still moving. She came here last night (we thought she was going to come the next weekend) to empty out her storage unit. She and Colby had lunch here and then left to go back.

The good news is that I don’t work tomorrow so I can exercise...yea! The plan is to do a Tracey Anderson Slim and Sculpt Cardio DVD then maybe some pilates. Hope to go for a walk tonight after dinner and tomorrow at least in the a.m., hopefully both a.m. and p.m. Update: got it in tonight

Maybe I’m being paranoid, but I went to Food Lion and the minute I went to check out this one woman rushed over to the register. What’s the deal. She did the same thing the last time I was there. I asked for a raincheck and she hemmed and hawed. Never had that happen to me. Maybe I’ll just go in the evening when she usually isn’t there.

Got Vince to go with me to see “Where the Crawdads Sing”. Boy, then change quite a bit from the book. But it was still good. I would like to see the Downton Abbey movie. What is it? We used to have theaters that showed second run movies for like $3. Now they run first run movies for $7.

Sue WA – happy Birthday to your daughter.

Jess helped me finished one jigsaw puzzle last night and start on the next one.

1derland...it’s so hard losing our fur babies. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Beth – so very sorry for you

Lanette – when we were looking for a new car for me it absolutely had to have bluetooth and I really wanted it to be able to get Sirius XM. Other than that, I did not want a 2-door. Those were my requirements

Anne DE – hope it passes quickly for your sister

I don’t know why I made another Pookey Snail at ceramics. Well...Jess doesn’t want it so I’m thinking that after we fix the eyes, I’ll put him in front of the house where I have a sign that says “back door guests are best”

Debbie – Vince is a softie about cats, too.

By the time I finished work, helped Jess pack, had lunch, it was almost 3. I have to get ready for church around 4 since I’m lectoring.

Heather – so sorry about your knee. Hope it heals fast

Didn’t even take the reading quiz since I’m sure I won’t get a high score at all. I’m not a big reader.

Rosemarie – sorry about your son but happy you are having company

Cut the “grass” yesterday and there was a problem with the tractor. We had to take the mower deck to be repaired, Vince couldn’t figure it out. They expect to have it finished in a week.

Ginny – sorry about your “accident” and about the MD. Hope it works out for you. Let us know

Painted the black on the Pluto, will just do the touch up and have Michelle (at ceramics) finish the eyes and I’ll clear glaze them. Hopefully, it’ll be ready to fire.

Made salmon cakes and have them in the refrigerator right now firming up so I can fry them tomorrow then made a banana bread for Vince since I gave Colby the rest of the banana chocolate chip muffins I made. Can you tell that bananas were on sale??? lol

The song "Athena" just came on the radio and thought of Rebecca.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :) About being a reader. When I was teaching first grade I went to a weekend workshop out of town with several of my colleagues. The keynote speaker talked about having a desire, inclination, and disposition toward reading as being important before addressing the mechanics. She talked about going to homes of students where there were no books or magazines in evidence. She said "Most of you probably have more reading material in your suitcases this weekend than some of you students' families have in their entire house.

:) I would rather read than go to a party. One reason I take my phone with me wherever I go is that I have an e book downloaded on it so I can read if I have a moment.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Well here it is 11 pm here,and im having a heck of a time settling down ..
    Being back here at the house I lived at for 20 yrs.. sleeping in the same bedroom is kinda weird.. dont worry he bought a new bed...
    Im hoping I get a few hours sleep..poor Homer keeps looking around for him.
    Alfie hears a noise and he us off and running and barking..
    Elena has 2 cuckoo clocks and they go off on the hour and 1/2 hr ..
    Going to be a long night.
    Only good thing is the sound of the crickets.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,126 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    msb4kpyy3kxs.png

After yesterday's 50 km bicycle ride, we came home and I went to bed and slept extremely deeply for over 3 hours. Back to bed a few hours later and I've just got up after nearly 12 hours of sleep.

Way too stressed and exhausted apparently.

Machka in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,526 Member
    Options
    Tonight made teriyaki chicken in my cast iron. Its always a sticky mess to scrub out. Lee likes his chicken blackened a bit, so the teriyaki sauce gets baked in good. I let it sit on the burner with hot water, and I used course salt and my chain mail scrubber. I then used the spatula and scraped a bit. Lastly when I only had a little left, I dried it and sat on the warm burner to get it all dried out and some more actually curled up and flaked off. Yay! Darn bugger!

Watched a scary movie called "The Black Phone" last night. Oooh chilling!

Summer has left our island, no more windows open anymore. Wearing long sleeved shirts again. On the good side our electric bill was only $65 this month.👍🏻

Today was some letter writing, a couple of movies, and a proper egg salad sandwich. Simply yummy! I made a new batch of cole slaw. I really enjoy that with a meal now. An easy way to get veggies in, along with my fridge cucumber slices and pickled beets daily. I also drink my Sparkling Ice grapefruit water with a hearty splash of Bragg's apple cider vinegar. Love that! Do many of you eat the same foods every day like a vitamin? I do.😁💖
    Hugs Michele for thinking of me when that song came on.💖. Who sings it?
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,526 Member
    Options
    eee5u7xgg74u.jpg
    😂😂
    Rebecca
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    🇨🇦 ❤️ 🇨🇦
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,101 Member
    Options
    Machka glad you could get some deep sleep!

The other nice thing about my event today is that I left a checklist for my mom and she followed it. It just said take your pills and feed the dog, but it worked and she was able to cross off each item so it only happened once. So I am able to leave! Yay!

So I am thinking of buying a pass to a theater festival for next year. It's kind of risky, in that I might not be able to leave to see all the plays. But I could afford to lose the money, so I might as well bet on the vacation I want, then try to make it happen. It's the Contemporary American Theater Festival next July. Six thought provoking modern plays, yet to be chosen. Exciting!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,126 Member
    Options
    I just can't imagine y'all living miles and miles from "civilization". I mean, sometimes I dream of living "off the grid" kinda. NOT offline, but away from some people. Sometimes people are just too peoply for me. But someone would have to teach my how to do all that you do to survive... like what you're saying. Preparing to shop for a MONTH or more. The closest we got to that was 40 years ago, when we lived in northern WI and we lived 30 miles from the nearest major town. But we still had a small town grocery store in town. We just had to go to Rhinelander to do any BIG shopping. And being from "the cities", the locals thought I was nutz that I just drove down there on a lark. I told them that that was my daily commute before we'd moved! Needless to say, we didn't last long up there. In fact, I informed Freddy we weren't staying when I noticed snowflakes on Labor Day. (that's supposed to be the end of summer, NOT the beginging of winter)

Carla, in MN

When I moved to Australia, my husband and I lived in a "shack" about 2 km from "the grid". A few months earlier, a major bushfire had come through the area and it was one of the few buildings left standing. It was at the very back of the property my husband was working on. We powered things with a generator, and later solar power. Water came from the rain. We cooked in the fireplace or with a coleman stove. Later we got a small BBQ.

The nearest, very small, town was about 10 km away. We got our mail there and could pick up a few basic grocery items. The nearest, slight larger, town was about 28 km away. But about every 6 weeks, we'd go into Melbourne in one direction or another city in another direction to do a big grocery shop.

We lived there a year.

Living off the grid is a lot of work!

Machka in Oz

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,405 Member
    Options
    3clvu988liwh.jpg
    My sister's husband who recently passed with their dog Tucker. He's huge huh! That look.💖
    Hard to believe this is the same dog.
    36a2ttvgrlt5.jpg
    I think it will be Tucker that will pull my sister thru.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Rebecca - what a nice photo of your BIL and Tucker. <3 I agree, Tucker will help pull her through.

I see miniature Bernese Mountain Dogs advertised - a cross between the Bernese and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Pretty cute!

Summer is still here, will have temps in the 80's this week. I found a couple hornet nests close to where I need to weed-eat so will sneak out there with the spray before the sun gets too high and give them a squirt and run, lol. It's chilly right now, around 49f which should slow them down.

Have a load of laundry going and pulled out the little carpet cleaner. I dumped a cup of coffee in the living room a few weeks ago, accidentally brushed it off the coffee table. So will go after it. I'm not too worried about it, stains happen.

Make it a super day!

Lanette <3
    SW WA State

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    🌸 🌺 🌸 🌺
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,101 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I barely slept. Too much iced tea, and a decadent chocolate fudge cake before bedtime. Plus I'm all excited about this theater festival, even though it's next July. I might even lose some weight before then!

Meanwhile I'm back to waiting for my mom to get up and take her pills.

My buddy wants me to drive out to his house the end of this month for a restaurant special five course dinner with special wine pairings. It took me a bit to realize that's five glasses of wine - I would be well beyond tipsy and into wasted territory. I have to tell him I can't do that one. I hate saying no.

Annie in Delaware who will tell all after a dose of caffeine! Sorry to be so chatty!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,328 Member
    Options
    ☘️