Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker Im in for joining you for the last three days of August AF. For some reason just writing that I’ve been AF since 8/20 has put pressure on me (?)
    We can do it!!!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    @Womona I LOVE pesto sauce. I had grilled chicken with zhoug sauce (cheated, store bought) which is similar but spicier.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    Yummy pesto sauce. I had my visiting friend make it for me several times, with the ask that he make it from my Oregano instead of basil. Perfect timing with us harvesting my garlic on the first day that he was here.
    I used Konjac noodles with it once, he didn't notice the difference that they are only 10 calories for the entire package vs. "real" pasta.

@globalhiker
    I tried Yoga dutifully for 6 months every day, but it just wasn't for me. My sister is a Yoga teacher, and her daughter is a Yoga Master. I didn't get that gene. Hip-hop-ish dance is way more fun for me.
    There are lots and lots of good Yoga classes on Youtube, many of them free.
    Let us know how the Yoga works out for you, it helps so many people.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn. I joined this thread in November of 2018

My usual goal: 16-20 AF per month.
    I had 19AF days for July.

Diary style (I post the next morning)

Sunday August 28 - AF - Had some weird AF pinot grigio sparkling pear thing, it actually was pretty good. Hit my 16 : - )
    Monday August 29 - AF - Had the other half of the can of that sparkling (saving calories as usual, otherwise it would have been double the calories of my gin cocktails). We had a cool weather change for a week, now we are back to hot weather. Trying to keep up my tan before Mexico (even though it is forecast to rain the entire time that I am there) just got easier with the weather change back to summer.

Rolling total: 17AF days out of 29 days
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    August accountability: 14 days AF
    Alcohol: 16 days (35 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

8/1 - AF
    8/2 - 2 wine
    8/3 - 3 wine
    8/4 - 1 beer; Passed on the open 1.5 bottles of wine available to me during dinner and drank sparkling water instead. The old me would have said you blew the day and can’t count it as AF so go ahead and have wine with dinner. But I decided to just be accountable and move on.
    8/5 - 3 wine
    8/6 - 1 wine
    8/7 - 2 wine; Great late lunch out with friends where I remained AF followed by a dinner of just wine & cheese with DH & my sister

8/8 - AF; babysat granddaughter while DIL took her mom to the ER. Returned home at 1:30am
    8/9 - AF @ 🍓🍽
    8/10 - 3 wine ; Start tracking when my sister is around
    8/11 - 2 wine
    8/12 - 2 wine
    8/13 - AF; 1 Clausthaler Original Non-Alcoholic beer
    8/14 - 2 wine
    Bra
    8/15 - AF @ 📚
    8/16 - AF
    8/17 - AF @ 📚
    8/18 - 2 wine
    8/19 - AF
    8/20 - 2 wine
    8/21 - 2 wine
    DDIL & DGD#1 staying with us 8/16-8/20

8/22 - AF
    8/23 - 3 wine ; Sister joined us for dinner
    8/24 - AF
    8/25 - 2 wine
    8/26 - AF
    8/27 - 3 drinks ; 1 margarita + 2 wine; Sister joined us for dinner
    8/28 - AF

8/29 - AF
    8/30 - AF; 1 Clausthaler Original Non-Alcoholic beer
    DH hasn’t had wine for dinner regularly with the kids in the house. And none at all since my sister was over on Sat night.
    DS, DDIL & DGD#! Staying with us 8/25-8/31