August 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    @marisap2010 Great work on your 16 miler! 23 mins faster is a serious pace improvement.
    @eleanorhawkins Great work on yours too! Glad you felt well and were pain free!

@AlphaHowls That road looks like such a good place to run!

@Teresa502 Lovely hiking spot! While I enjoy camping I haven't crossed into full-on backpacking yet. My husband thinks I will eventually. IDK. I guess time will tell.

@yirara Cave in the dark. It'll get you every time!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    August total: 101.7/105 miles

8/1: 5.1 miles
    8/3: 5 miles
    8/4: 4.1 miles
    8/5: 5 miles
    8/6: 10 miles
    8/7: 4 miles
    8/9: 4 miles
    8/10: 4.1 miles
    8/11: 3.1 miles
    8/12: 3 miles
    8/13: 6 miles
    8/14: 2.8 miles
    8/15: 4 miles
    8/16: 3 miles
    8/18: 3 miles
    8/19: 3 miles
    8/20: 13.1 miles
    8/22: 2.2 miles
    8/23: 3 miles
    8/24: 3.1 miles
    8/26: 3.1 miles
    8/27: 4 miles
    8/29: 4 miles

Forgot to post last night's run. I got to run outside in the late afternoon in the rain! It was only 79F because of the rain, which was a lovely light and steady shower through my entire run. No other people out, just the cars driving by. I love love love rainy runs! This one got me over 100 and my run today or tomorrow (haven't decided yet) should get me to goal. This will officially wrap my first summer with 100+ mile months. Kind of crazy. Never thought I could do that kind of mileage in these temps.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,789 Member
    Options
    I am still laughing about Hobbes' disapproval look! I can SO see that!

Great running everyone - lots of adversity in August for sure. I am 2 miles away from 1K for the year which is actually a pretty low mileage but I am pretending it's a good milestone to motivate me the last week or so. I did over 2021 last year and over 1700 in 2020 so i am quite far behind on miles this year but I think RTY really took my mojo for distance away. sigh.

Anyway I am at 118.6 and will hit 120 for the month which is better than last month! Might have to run in the rain tomorrow morning but determined to get it finished.

Thanks for setting up Sept for us.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    @yirara hope your head feels better soon. You also have to watch out for those stalagmites 😁 Congrats on meeting your goal

@martaindale this is the 1st summer to have a 100+ month 👍 and coincidentally the 1st summer you had access to a treadmill 😏. Way to go!

I did some speed work on the treadmill this afternoon totalling 6 miles.

exercise.png
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    August Goal: 100 Miles

8/2: 5.51 miles
    8/3: 6.04 miles
    8/4: 6.01 miles
    8/7: 11.03 miles
    8/9: 6.02 miles
    8/10: 6.04 miles
    8/11: 6.10 miles
    8/14: 10.08 miles
    8/15: 5.51 miles
    8/16: 5.60 miles
    8/17: 6.01 miles
    8/21: 10.30 miles
    8/23: 6.02 miles
    8/24: 5.31 miles
    8/25: 6.02 miles
    8/28: 10.02 miles
    8/30: 5.30 miles

116.92/100 miles completed for August

We finally got some much needed rain last night. We had 3.5 inches at our house and some across town had 5. We needed the rain, but it certainly made for a very humid run this morning. I ran 5 miles. The run started out kind of meh, but it got better as it went. I did see a skunk, but it was pretty uneventful. There is more rain in the forecast and a chance of thunderstorms in the morning so I guess I will have to see if this was my last run for August or if I can get one more in.

Great running everyone and beautiful pictures. Thanks for setting us up for next month @shanaber.

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    @yirara Wow. That sounds like an adventure for sure and I can imaging that really hurt. Glad everyone had their phones for some light though. That would have been a little, if not a lot, scary.

Glad you had a nice run in the rain @martaindale ! Great mileage for the summer months too!

You are doing great @SummerSkier . I feel like you have concentrated more on pace this year, so having 1000 miles in August is great.

Nice running @yirara ! Sounds like a really fun swim too.

@polskagirl01 Glad your daughter went hiking with you. It's nice to do things like that with family.

So glad you got rain @kgirlhart ! Glad your run got better as you went. Great August mileage!

I wound up working today from 11-5. I tripped over a chair while the kids were sleeping and almost fell in the floor. I'm sure it was comical, but I'm also sure that I twisted my body in ways it should not have been twisted to keep semi-upright. I contemplated not running because of that, but, since it feels okay tonight and may not tomorrow, I went ahead and did my 30 min foundation run on the treadmill after I got home. I ran 2.30 miles in 30:19 minutes. I also walked 0.7 miles total for warm up and cool down. That brings my August total to 68.6/62.0 mile goal.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    Got 138 done in July, from 26 (/31 runs). That Included a 13.1 Half in there.

Probably gonna go for 140 for August

158.59 for the month
    hiks0051vp62.png
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I looked back through the first few pages and I don't think I set a goal for the month which was just as well since I sprained my ankle and missed a few days last week. I finished up the month with 5 miles this morning bring my total to 71.82 miles for the month. Great running everyone!
    9xjcdbiebj4f.jpg

• rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    Me done!

I love seeing your posts because I imagine this route has to be amazing! You're probably totally used to it but to me, it seems so cool to be able to run through London.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    rps67 wrote: »
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    @rps67 – You have 8 children? And time to run? I’m in awe! So glad that your 8 and 10-year old are interested in running. Hopefully the excitement of a 5k race will keep them motivated.

Four of them are adults, so it's really not that challenging! One is a 15 year old that I never see so it's like I only have 3 kids at this point. :D I've found that running is REALLY good for my mental health so I've made it a priority now, and having that time with the girls -- when their faces aren't glued to some electronic device -- is also wonderful. We're going to run later today and they went off to school all excited about our running date.

@rps67 that is so awesome! I only have one, she's 16 and yeah, I hear ya about never seeing. I have tried to get her interested in running (or anything!) with me but nope.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,789 Member
    Options
    what a great month! i wrapped up with 5 plus miles to hit 1k for the year plus to date.