August 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,958 Member
    Options
    @yirara You're doing great. I'm sure the running will get better, more what you want it to be, the longer you run. Hang in there. On to Sept.

Nice midweek run @kgirlhart and awesome monthly total.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot @quilteryoyo I'm also somewhat excited. I think I finally found a place to run at home. I was getting bored with my typical route, but other alternatives didn't work out: very poor gps signal, or too hilly. So once I get home and am rested lets see how things look like.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @Scott6255 The correlation between summer miles and presence of a treadmill is not lost on me for sure! It has been a godsend.

@marisap2010 Congrats on your biggest month ever! You're in the home stretch! It always makes me excited to see the medals/shirts in those weeks leading up to the race.

Good work everyone! I find all of you so inspiring!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA Great job on your runs! That is impressive mileage for the month.

@Teresa502 I know I say it every time you post about your hikes, but I’m so jealous and miss backpacking!

@eleanorhawkins Great job on your long run! I hope that ice cream was just the medicine you needed. :)

@polskagirl01 What an interesting doll you found!

@shanaber Nice pictures!

@quilteryoyo Nice job on your Fast Finish. My long run this weekend is a Fast Finish. Eek! Also, congrats on surpassing your monthly goal. You rock!

@rps67 That is so nice that your kids are running with you!

@yirara Sorry your run didn’t go as well as you’d hoped.

Yay @martaindale for hitting the 100+ miles!

Woohoo @AlphaHowls for going past the 500!!! Also love your pictures.

@marisap2010 thank you!! 😊
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    August total: 105.7/105 miles

8/1: 5.1 miles
    8/3: 5 miles
    8/4: 4.1 miles
    8/5: 5 miles
    8/6: 10 miles
    8/7: 4 miles
    8/9: 4 miles
    8/10: 4.1 miles
    8/11: 3.1 miles
    8/12: 3 miles
    8/13: 6 miles
    8/14: 2.8 miles
    8/15: 4 miles
    8/16: 3 miles
    8/18: 3 miles
    8/19: 3 miles
    8/20: 13.1 miles
    8/22: 2.2 miles
    8/23: 3 miles
    8/24: 3.1 miles
    8/26: 3.1 miles
    8/27: 4 miles
    8/29: 4 miles
    8/31: 4 miles

Another treadmill run on the Azores today after work. This one had some intervals and strides so I was pushed to try some faster paces on the treadmill. Paces still feel faster than they do outside but I'm getting more comfortable with going a bit faster. My mind still immediately pictures me launching off the back end and sliding into my entryway.

@martaindale well done Sarah, for hitting your target! 🙌
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone, great month all round!
    And @marisap2010 nice swag! You're doing great!
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Morning all... It's September now (well, I'm +6 hours on most of you by the look of it!)

Take-it-easy 4 from me today.
    bg323brorldh.png
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Scott6255 Great treadmill run and excellent mileage for August. I'm sure once it cools down you'll be glad for outside running.....or are you worried about your knee? Anyway, I hope you are able to run outside soon.

Thanks @marisap2010 . You are doing great with your Marathon plan! You are going to do great! Love the swag. Congrats on your highest mileage month ever! I hope your mom has a great 70th birthday and you all enjoy the family time together.

You're doing great @martaindale . Do you wear the little safety clip on the treadmill?

@tarun_yadavA Great job today, esp when you were already tired. FYI, the September Challenge is located here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10872687/september-2022-monthly-running-challenge/p1?new=1

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    You're doing great @martaindale . Do you wear the little safety clip on the treadmill?

I don't. I find I am super aware of the tether and run so close to the front that I am kicking the front edge of the treadmill. I'm so worries about snagging it. I can relax back farther on the belt without it. Should I? Yeah, probably. But I know I never will. 🤷‍♀️
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options

I don't. I find I am super aware of the tether and run so close to the front that I am kicking the front edge of the treadmill. I'm so worries about snagging it. I can relax back farther on the belt without it. Should I? Yeah, probably. But I know I never will. 🤷‍♀️

I probably came closer to flying off mine treadmill when I caught the safety cord with my hand and it slammed to a halt... happened 4 or 5 times before I stopped using it. Having said that, I did position it so I had a wall behind me to bounce off
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Awww thank you! On my usual loop, there's about half a minute where I see Tower Bridge and The Shard and it just always wows me!
    (The rest of the run though.... )

I had to go look at your route on Google Maps and it looks so lovely with all the houses and also being able to see the water. It's such a cute area! I love thinking about running in different places than home.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    So much great running this month!
    @AlphaHowls - fantastic mileage! Love the sunrise pictures too!
    @rps67 - Love that your girls want to get out there and run with you! I hope they continue to be excited to go.
    @marisap2010 - your race swag looks awesome! That is a race I always wished I had run!

I finished out August yesterday with 6.37mi bringing my total to 106.58 for the month. I dropped Hobbes at home after a good walk. It was already too hot for him and only going to get worse. The temps were going up but the humidity was way down so that made it more tolerable and more what I am used to in the summer. We did hit a record high yesterday of 107F but I was nice and cool at home by then. The rest of this week and most of next looks to be more of the same.

Is anyone friends with @katharmonic? I am wondering how she is doing...
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @martaindale I normally don't wear my safety switch either, but I did for a while after I almost fell when I sidestepped onto the side one day. I swore I would wear it after that. I do more, but not often enough. I understand why you don't. My worst was when I accidently hit it on a long run and had to guess about where my mileage was when it quit so I could get it done.