Motivated Mama's ( Closed Group)

Options
Motivated Mama's
Week 1

Cardio:
Input your calories Burned each day(possible 7 points, 1 per day)

Strength and Food Challenge: 1 point for each per day ( possible 14 points, 2 per Day)
Wednesday
Nutrition - Under Carbs
Exercise - 25 (per side) Hip Flexor (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=113)

Thursday
Nutrition - Under calories
Exercise - 50 pushups (modified as needed)

Friday
Nutrition - Under Fat
Exercise - 50 bicycle crunches (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=12)

Saturday
Nutrition - Under Sodium
Exercise - 50 Bridges (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=153)

Sunday
Nutrition - Under Carbs
Exercise - 50 skater squats (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=112)

Monday
Nutrition - Under calories
Exercise - 25 Tricep Dips with Bent Knees (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=124)

Tuesday
Nutrition - Under Fat
Exercise - Superman pose - 5 reps, 30 seconds each (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=191)

Emotional Challenge: ( 1 point)
Tell us about your week, how was it not having a challenge to follow? Did you slip up or have a rough day?

* Here is our Spreadsheets to input everything, Please input your measurements tomorrow Morning. ( Wednesday Sept. 21st)
At the bottom of the sheet there are tabs for all the different pages.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGJmckI0LXhiV2piODNrU3o3NG9XRVE&hl=en_US

** I would like everyone to re-introduce themeselves please. Alot of us where on different teams so lets get to know eachother.

Replies

• renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Yay!!

Super excited ladies as always... and I am glad we are starting the challenge t'row..I missed doing the challenge for a week and we are back again.. :-)
  • Randomness74
    Randomness74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello..I am Leelee..just over 3 months post op rny..may i join your group??
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Whoohoo! See you all in the mornin'!!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Glad to continue this journey with you ladies! wOOt!
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options
    I am so glad to have the challenge back! I didn't do nearly as well without it! :-)
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yayyy! Can't wait to get this challenge started! I did the fit test for insanity and I am ready to get started! Hopefully I can stick to it while I'm with this incredible group of ladies!! Good luck to everyone.
  • megcc
    megcc Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So excited to do this!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I'm not going to be able to do measurements this morning because I don't have anything to measure with. We only have "regular" tape measurers, like with tools. But I'm going to the store after my morning walk when Casyn wakes up and I'll pick one up then and measure myself this afternoon.

Here's a little introduction about myself and anyone feel free to ask any questions you'd all like :)

Hi, my name is Amy. I am a SAHM to my 2 year old son, Casyn. I also have a 7 year old son, Caeleb, who is in second grade. My husband in Russ and we live in the DFW area of Texas, but are originally from Missouri. I started my weight loss journey last September. It has been a slow, gradual change for me. I decided to just start walking more and eating smaller portions. That changed into eating slightly healthier and then I found MFP in January and started tracking/calorie counting and exercising more. The only exercise I do is walking (pushing Casyn in the stroller) around the subdivision and playing Wii games (EA Sports Active 2, Just Dance 2, Wii Fit Plus, and Wii Sports). I have lost 94 lbs. so far, but right now I'm extremely unhappy with the way my body looks. I have a lot of extra skin and it's really dragging me down mentally. I'm hoping that I can soon move past it, but that's what's up with me right now, LOL.

As for how I did without a challenge this past week, I honestly wasn't sure what to do with myself at first. I had gotten into such a routine of "following" what we were supposed to be doing that it kinda knocked me off balance. But, I was proud of myself, I still worked out, some days even more than I normally would. I did good with my food and I lost 2 lbs.
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

First of all, Karie what an awesome job you've done! The spreadsheet looks amazing! Thank you so much for your hard work!!

Let me introduce myself:
    My name is Lynda. I'm 26 years old, married for almost 5 years with a little boy who is 14 months old today. I returned to working fulltime about 2 months ago and it was a tough adjustment but now that we've found a routine things are going well. I've alsways been big. Even as a very active child and teen I was still thick, even if I wasn't fat. I have a natural hour glass figure (lots of boob, big hips and a potential small waist) althouh that figure is currently buried under about 90 lbs of excess fat. Do I paint a pretty picture? lol! I never learned about what to eat and how to eat growing up but I was ashasmed of my body. I didn't realize that the figure I naturally have had potential to be beautiful , I jsut felt like I was fat and ugly since Iw asn't stick thin. So I ate. A lot. Then I grew up, went to universtity, became less active, got married, bought a house, etc and jsut ept on eating. Then my husband and I hit extreme financially bad times. I became very depressed. And I ate. Even more than before. And due to the money troubles all we could afford to buy was the cheapest and therefore least healthy items. It was a very bad time for us. But we made it through and decided to start a family. I completly changed my diet abotu 6 months before getting pregnant. I knew that at my then weight of 250ishlbs that my weight may have been an issue with trying to conceieve and even having a healthy pregnancy. I was lucky tho. I got pregant right away and had a complication free pregnancy. I gave birth to my beautiful son Caleb via c section because he was breach in a pretty dangerous way (there were issues with the cord being wrapped dangerously around him). I lost the baby weight within 2 weeks as I had only gained 12lbs which my doc said was 100% baby and excess fluids. But then I had some issues with postpatum anxiety. And my diet went to hell in a handbasket. I wouldn't eat for days and then I'd gorge on whatever I could find. Even once I got the anxiety under control (thank God for my loving family and friends!) I continued to eat badly. I didn't ralize how bad it had gotten until I saw the pictures taken of my son's first Christmas. I was disgusted by my physical appearance. So much so that I deleted the shots I was in. The next day I retook a nice "christmas portrait" of just he and I that eliminated my body and was just my upper torso and face. But still I didn't wake up and realize what I was doing. I treid to diet and exercise in Jan but I went too hard and failed (300 calories a day intake and at least 45 min a day of hard exercise - wonder why I couldn't sustain that for more than a week?). Anwyays, I failed and I figured I was just destined to be fat.

And then on May 30th, as I fed my son some of his first finger foods I realized that I was going to do damage to him if I didn't learn to care for myself. Either he'd see what and how my husband and I ate and copy us, r that I would jsut make myself sick and wouldn't be able to keep up to him. That realization struck my like lightening and suddenly i had will power. May 31, 2011 is the day that I changed my eating and lifestyle habits. Since then I've lost 35.5lbs. My husband joined me about 2 weeks later and has since lost 55lbs (why is it always so much easier for men?!?!) So now I eat healthy, shop healthy and cook healthy for my whole family. I'm determined, as is my husband, to set an example for our son to be proud of.
    My goal right now is to get down to 185lbs. That's about the weight I was when I met my husband. Also, it will take me from being categrized as "obese" to "overweight". I HATE the word obese with everything I am and never want to have it assocaited with me again!

Once I hit that goal (yes - my goal is to be classified as "overweight" feel free to laugh amongst yourselves!) I will reasses. In all honesty I don't remember what it was like to be less than that. And I've never been that weight and healthy/fit, so it's hard to say. I think my end goal is around 140 as that is the mid range for my ideal BMI. But we'll have to wait and see. I just take every day as it goes and do my best to stay on track. Every pound lost is apound that I refuse to gain back.

Thanks for listening. Sorry it got kinda long. But that's my story and I wanted to share.
    Lynda
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Here's the banner for the group!

bluephoenixart-1.jpg

I have actually never measured myself before, so I don't even know how to go about it...lol. I regret not measuring myself 40lbs ago but it is what it is!

My name is Kristin. I'm 29(for 2 more days anyway) married for almost 10 years with 3 hilarious children :)
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Here's the banner for the group!

bluephoenixart-1.jpg

I have actually never measured myself before, so I don't even know how to go about it...lol. I regret not measuring myself 40lbs ago but it is what it is!

My name is Kristin. I'm 29(for 2 more days anyway) married for almost 10 years with 3 hilarious children :)

I'm loving it!! I will post the link for everyone so they can just copy and paste this; (Oh and make the I's in img lowercase so it will show up in your siggy! :wink: )

bluephoenixart-1.jpg

I have missed the weekly challenge and needed the break at the same time! LOL! I was down to 161, but did not do well over the weekend with the hubby home and then getting sick that I am back up to 162. Only 1 lb gained and that will be gone in a week! I hope! LOL! Looking forward to this! yay!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!
    Welcome back!
    Would you all like to record todays weight as Starting weight or week 1? I just want to make sure everyone agrees with what we put on there.

Here is my weigh in info:
    Last weigh in: 217
    M/M 1st weigh in: 215.2
    Loss: 1.8lbs!!!!

I realy can't believe it!! I have had some stress eating going on and I haven't been exercising like I should, what is up with losing when you thought you would gain and then either not losing or GAINING when your working your butt off! I just don't get it! Oh well I will take the loss!
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Stephanie. I'm 29 years old with a 6 month old baby boy. I'm still on mat leave, and will be for another 4-6 months. During this last week off I haven't been exercising a whole lot, but have still managed to eat well enough. Baby starts swimming lessons today with me, so I should at least get a little bit of cardio in. I did soooooo much better during the challenge, so I am really looking forward to getting this going. Good luck everyone!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    So we will record todays weight as our starting weight.
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    So we will record todays weight as our starting weight.

Yeah, I think if we just replace our starting weight with today's weight, and then change the dates for the weeks, that should be good. You may even want to change each week title from " week 1 (9/21/11)" to "End of Week 1( 9/28/11)" and so on.
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

A quick introduction: My name is Tasha. I am a SAHM of a 15 month old little boy Dallin. I have been married for 3 and a half years to a wonderful husband who supports me on this journey. I was over weight when we got married slowly put on more weight. When we decided to start our family we had trouble getting pregnant, and that let to eating from depression, I put on still a little more weight from that. I finally wrapped my head around the fact that we might not get pregnant for a long time and decided to start dieting and exercising, I took measurements and started eating right, that week I found out I was pregnant and I dropped the diet and exercise program. After I gave birth still more weight was gained!

July of this year I finally had it. I didn't like the way I looked, I hated looking at pictures and in the mirror, and my family and I were worried about my health. I started researching diet programs and stumbled across MFP, I started and was so excited about options that I had using this program. About a week later I found the wonderful ladies of the SAHMU and joined with them, since then I have lost 19 lbs and am feeling so much better about myself and my ability to do this!!

I am so excited to get this challenge started again. I got up this morning and went to the gym already!!! YAY!!!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Ok, heres a little about me! Im Ashley, im 25 years old and a sahm mom of an almost 3 year old boy named Josh. Ive been married for almost 4 years now to my husband Charles and we live just south of Fort Worth Tx. I think my weight has always been an issue at one time or another, I was always the chubby kid and as I got older I was curvy and busty, but when I was 16 I can honestly say I loved how my body looked. I had a major battle with what I thought was migraines and I tried alot of medications which made me put on weight VERY fast. After seeing lots of neurologists and other doctors, finally my wonderful dentist told me that I was in fact suffering from migrains but no combination of drugs in the world would make them go away until...my wisdom teeth were removed!

In September of 2008 the migraines were gone, and I was off the meds, but I no longer cared about what I ate because I just didnt think it mattered anymore, I was living in newly wed bliss and gained LOTS of weight! This July I decided enough was enough, while we were on vacation on the beach and I found myself staying inside because I didnt want to be around all those tight beach bodies! When I got home, I started walking, and cutting back portions and really trying to lose the weight, since then I've lost around 19 lbs all together. And I feel lots better. I have energy, not only to workout but to play with my son and do all the things I had desperately been wanting to do, but felt like the weight was holding me back!

Im so excited about doing another challenge and hoping that I can get to my new mini goal of being 219. My longterm goal for now is 180 because even though I want to get smaller I still want to have my curves so when I get to 180 I will see if I still want to lose more. I cant afford to get a gym membership, so I just workout on my wii and walk sometimes. For christmas I have requested a treadmill because I live in Texas and its either too hot outside, or when it does cool off a little its already dark when i do get the chance to run or walk alone, or its gone completely to the other extreme and its too cold! Keeping my fingers crossed. LOL
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Here is a good demonstration on how to take your measurments.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9ZnioXCRhU

Hope this helps, I didn't include my "love Handles" in my first waist measurment, so that added some major inches darn it!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I am Renuka staying in Dallas area of Texas.. I am married to a wonderful person early this year and no kids yet... As most of you already know, I am dancer professionally and take dance classes at home.. Thoroughly enjoy teaching kids, although i get hyper at times..lol

I was never this fat in my life and I didn't like looking in the mirror with that big belly fat... I was always thin but never had that flat belly.. People always compare me and my sister, which i hate the most.. During my wedding time, I was okay kind of not very fat but yes my sis was.. To my surprise, everyone felt I was fat when compared to my sis.. This really puts me off...They have seen my sis a bit more fat than me for few years now.. I was always thin and they have never seen me fat.. But true, I was fat and was gaining more compared to my earlier years..

Then, when i moved to US from India, i became a couch potato and had no other work than eating unhealthy things. One fine day my hubby returns from work and says they are doing some game on diet in the office.. So i thought will try it out, I did it for one week, then I had headache, giddiness and all sort of things.. So i gave up, but my hubby introduced me to mfp to log my calories.. Also, came across another website where I met Karie.. Also, came to know that she was starting a new challenge and wanted to give it try.. Yes it was awesome, although i might not have lost lots of weight like most of you.. but yes i got back into the habit of healthy eating and exercising. I have lost around 7-8 lbs since then and of course toned my body...

So I am excited for this new challenge and expecting to come closer to my goal of reaching 130-135 lbs.. I am already on the ideal weight scale, but on higher side... Wow..thats nice, I was on over weight scale 2 months back and now I am back on track... I have also noticed that I have lost few inches on my belly fat and hubby noticed that my arms are also toned...

Not having the challenge for a week- At first, I didnt know what to do.. However I was doing a program for losing the belly fat, so continued, but I did keep a goal of burning 400 cals per day since I didn't want to be off wagon... But yes we are back..Yay!!

I haven't taken measurement in my life unless it was for getting a new dress stitched at the tailor..lol.. I need to get a measurement tape, so please pardon me on this.. I have walgreens nearby, so let me give it a shot there...

Oh gosh..I have typed so much..sorry for the lengthy intro..heheh
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Here is a good demonstration on how to take your measurments.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9ZnioXCRhU

Hope this helps, I didn't include my "love Handles" in my first waist measurment, so that added some major inches darn it!

Thanks for the video Karie I have a feeling I have never done this the right way!