WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    going to be a long day- You would think after walking over 9 miles yesterday that I would have slept great but sadly not the case.
    Dh was home for a few hours before going to work at midnight. I tried to get to sleep at 10 but didn't finally get really asleep until 2AM (warm shower, my sleep aid, a snack and finally a cup of hot chocolate during those four hours), then woke up a little after 7 and couldn't get back to sleep. It did feel good to just lay there under my comfy blanket with one of the cats but really wanted to sleep a few more hours.
    Not sure if it was insomnia again, the cup of coffee I had at 2 PM or a combination- Don't like it!!!
    I will walk while waiting for my daycare girl but don't think I will walk as long. Have Zumba at the park tonight. Need to take some Aleve and get the Voltarin cream out for my back. It is screaming this morning. Thankfully, hip and knee are both doing good.
    Dh asked me if I was going to class Monday- is it really bad that I would rather go to class, on our anniversary ?! I will talk to him between now and then and maybe go out on Sunday or Tuesday instead. 30yrs but doesn't seem like a special day. What ever we do, it will be a quick meal so he can go back to his mom's. He will buy stuff for me when all I want is just some real quality time. Talking TO me, not AT me. Lots need to change but can't push it now when he is dealing with his mother. Has been this way 26yrs, what is a few more months.

New kitten is doing great-if there are typos, blame it on Kitaro- he has to be in my lap all the time. I did take his pen out so got the space back in the living room and no more litter box in the living room which is wonderful(I spend most of my time in here)

Time to get dressed and get something done around here- dishes are waiting for me as are all the litter boxes Think I will be making some coffee- tea is not doing anything for me this morning.

Have a wonderful day ladies

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    Lanette ~ I am sure dealing with your husband's belongings has brought back both sad and happy memories. You are to be commended with handling all of these with grace and fortitude.

Tracey ~ Your ceramics are lovely. You must have a very steady hand to be able to paint all of those tiny parts without smearing all over (that would be me).

Debbie ~ Maybe your long walks made you so tired you couldn't sleep. 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Heather ~ The painting above the lamp was of my husband's parents antique shop. A customer did that for them. It was located on the square in historical Roswell, GA.

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    Ladies, there's a 49 day "Shake the Sugar" Challenge starting in 4 days, a local Naturopath is hosting this. If anyone is interested, here's the link (hope MFP allows it.)

https://go.drwholeness.com/shakethesugar?fbclid=IwAR3iOuqW9laYOBHSXGJHxOjaQtsKJfMpC-RstsMycz0yGllwpUdokZZexHU

I signed up for it. :)

Lanette <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    Have I found my people? I am a 52 year old from Montana. I just quit weight watchers as I am trying to really park down our budget. I was very successful with WW before the pandemic. But I haven’t been able to get back on track very well since gaining back 40lbs that I lost…plus another 10. I know I need he social support. But I can’t justify 50$/month for zoom meetings. So I am hoping that I can find a place here that will be that support I need. I am reading through your comments and I am finding them so encouraging. See ya tomorrow!!!!

Sherryann - I left WW 4 or 5 years ago when they changed their website, I didn't have good access to their community anymore and logging was a pain. I liked being able to log food - the MFP food diary here is similar, and it's free. ;)

Some of us log, some of us don't. I log sporadically to double check how much fiber and protein I take in and I'm not that concerned with calories.

Welcome and good luck!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    ☘️
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    Katla (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Katla- im so very sorry is there a van at your assisted living place that might be able to take you to see him..
    Im so sorry all this is happening.. thinking of you xoxo
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Just heard from DD. My husband is being sent to a facility similar to the last one where he stayed last summer. It is an unknown location to me, but DD seems to know where it is. I have no way to get there unless she is able to take me. She has many other responsibilities to her workplace, and not a lot of time to take me to see him. I am sad because I am unlikely to see him for who knows how long.

I’m sure my daughter will try to take me to see him when she can but she is very busy with a challenging career and her own family.

This is so hard to be separated, again.
    🥲

I’m so sorry, thinking of you
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    edited September 2022
    <3Katla what a hard time for you but glad your husband will get good care. <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    Katla - Just thinking of you and your husband. My heart goes out to you. I hope all this gets better soon for you.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    edited September 2022
    Worked, went to Sam’s, bought gas, then Aldi then in the pool. Then assembled the apple pie for Friday. I probably should have used more apples. As it is, I think I used something like 3 lbs. It’s nice out so hopefully I’ll go for my walk.

The guy was here to put in the plant that we were missing. He didn’t replace the border that his guys took out. I know no matter how he put it in, Vince wouldn’t be happy. Now he’s not happy because it wasn’t put in. I’m getting good at turning a deaf ear since I know that he will only be happy if he does it himself.

Tracey – what a beautiful sign. Happy birthday to you and Jonah. Have a question for you. If you get some paint on a part of bisque that you don’t want it on, how do YOU get it off?

Rosemarie – you wouldn’t happen to have lived in the Bay area, would you? I went to college in Boston, Vince went to MIT there and lived in the Bay area along the Charles River. An IP is an InstantPot. Love mine so much that I have two at home and one down at the condo. Vince wants to know why I don’t just leave it out all the time since I use it so much. Oh, I do hope that nurse works out. Sometimes you just have to give it time.

Sherry – welcome. You’ll not only find support for weight loss, but you’ll find support for all other aspects of your life.

Rita – get well fast

Jerry didn’t come to work today. They said that he didn’t come to the door when they went to get him. Well, he could have been in the bathroom….or he could have been sleeping it off. Anyway, at least the garbage cans were emptied last night so I could use one this morning.

Debbie – happy anniversary (early)

katla – (((HUG)))

Got my walk in, worked on the jigsaw puzzle, now to get ready for bed. I’m thinking that I’d like to have something but I put an apple aside and I keep thinking of what barbie says “only eat what you log”. I logged the apple so I had it.

Green Room tomorrow and Steve will be here.

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Just heard from DD. My husband is being sent to a facility similar to the last one where he stayed last summer. It is an unknown location to me, but DD seems to know where it is. I have no way to get there unless she is able to take me. She has many other responsibilities to her workplace, and not a lot of time to take me to see him. I am sad because I am unlikely to see him for who knows how long.

I’m sure my daughter will try to take me to see him when she can but she is very busy with a challenging career and her own family.

This is so hard to be separated, again.
    🥲

So sorry, Katla. But he is likely getting good care there and after 2 heart attacks so close together he will need lots of care.

Did he have a stroke this time too?

Maybe there is a bus or some sort of transport from the assisted living place where you are. Look into it or ask your daughter to look into it.

Machka in Oz