Katlsthinking of you. Hope everything will work out
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,350 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Worked, took Jerry home, then the soup kitchen. Afterwards, went to this bakery to get some donuts for Steve and Vince – maple bacon. Then to the Salvation Army where I actually found a DVD that I didn’t have. We’ll have rib eye for dinner, I got two Impossible Burgers from BK since I’m not a fan of red meat. Besides, there will be leftovers for Steve.

Tracey – Steve isn’t even half as fussy as Vince. Oh, he’ll eat the romaine lettuce. He’ll eat a lot of foods that Vince won’t eat. I just live with it. We have a checking account for paypal purchases and only put money into it to cover the purchase of an item plus a few dollars extra. Jonah’s expression is priceless. Bet it made you really happy.

Heather – love those charms!

Mary – you SHOULD be proud

barbie – glad you know what you’re dealing with regarding your eyes. Good news that it won’t get any worse!

I heard this funny noise and my CPAP had started! Maybe we have ghosts????lol

Rosemarie – so happy to hear the new caregiver is working out so well. You deserve it, that’s for sure.

Barbara – I always look forward to your posts. Well, I really look forward to everyone’s, but you answer so many people, I’m impressed.

Can’t wait to get back to healthy eating tomorrow.

Michele NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    Options
    Michele thanks! We are definitely proud of these two young men. They are both only 25 years old and their hearts are pure gold 💞. I can't believe you found a DVD that you didn't have!! You are the queen of DVDS 🤩

💞 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I hope to see DH tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can spend time with him. I’m hoping our daughter will take me to see him. I’m also hoping he can be moved closer to where we live. 🙏🏻 ❤️ 🙏🏻
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Michele, are you charged a fee for the bank account you keep for PayPal purchases? I'm looking for a bank for my brother with no fees imposed for a low balance.

Karen in Virginia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,154 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Sitting up in bed with a cup of my favourite herbal tea, having just watched the sunrise. Magic!!!

Rosemarie: I'm glad the new caretaker is working out. She sounds like a keeper.

KJ: Hope that the right match finds you. You will be a godsend to those lucky children.

Carla: 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 computer stuff worked out.

Annie: 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 s for your friend. Modern medicine can do wonders with stroke patients.

Carol: I also use a credit card for most purchases, and have minimal direct debits. I pay off the balance each month.

Barbie: Stable condition is good enough, hopefully, and the new glasses are bound to help.

Katla: Hoping they find a space close to you soon for DH rehab. Most important is a place that provides excellent care for him so he is really ready to go home with you.

Ginny: 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻For no after effects.

Viv: 😍 new deal for mum AND fixing the shower. WYG! Girlfriend!

Nothing pressing today, just a brief visit to the local shops for bread, meat etc. It’s pork loin roast this weekend.

DYD returns from the USA tomorrow and will pick up her wee dog. Looking forward to giving him back, and getting rid of all the dog hairs. He’s a wee dote, but he sheds bucket loads daily.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️Terri

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,901 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    We got some rain during the night and happy as we could it and more, which may come tonight. I am working long shift today and when I get off we are to ride with our motorcycle group to a town about 35 miles away for supper. A good way to relax and end the work week.
    Tomorrow have a funeral in the morning for a co-workers dad and then in the evening a surprise birthday party for one of our DDIL. Surprised DS and DGC have been able to keep it a secret. Then Sunday church and then a BBQ at the pastor's house.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

I don't know how you manage all that!

Do social things energise you? They wipe me right out. If I had to work a long shift, heading out to dinner with a group would not be the top of my list. Plus you've got a full social weekend.

I had a short week this week ... just 4 days of work. But I was so ready to come home and not go out again by about noon on Friday.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Well my concerns about the new caretaker were unfounded. She provided excellent care to my husband....and...she spent time organizing and cleaning the kitchen. It is almost too good to be true!

Rosemarie from GA

Glad to hear it!
  • Machka9
    Options
    itjtzhm3zh83.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    Saturday --

I spent about 2.5 hours in the garden today, mainly pulling weeds. There seem to be fewer of them this year ... or I'm getting to them earlier. Either way, it's good. In some cases last year, I didn't get to some of them until they were going to seed, and I think I ended up spreading seed.

Then we headed downstairs where I rowed, lifted weights, and did Pilates.

Machka in Oz

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Karen-perhaps look at Credit Union instead of bank? Many of them don't have traditional bank fees. With mine I have to keep a minimum of 5.00. Of course, I haven't shopped for a new financial institution in many years.

Viv-good job figuring out shower issue. I have had very similar situations. With a bit of research and just thinking things through I have found many solutions! Even if I decide to call someone in, I research how something should be done so I can get an idea if they are doing it right!

Terri-the pork loin roast sound good!

Vaccine side effects fairly minimal (yay!). Arm still sore, feeling a bit achy still and slight headache. Anticipate by noon that will all be gone. Will take some ibuprofen and just putter around house on small tasks. Will go out for some sort of walk.

Tests update
    Can't remember if I posted but brain MRI looks normal for my age (let's face it, there are some changes over the years!)-no sign of cancer spread. Blood marker is slightly lower (variation is normal). Main thing is it didn't make a big jump in last 6 months. My prediction is doctor will keep things as they are and monitor again in 6 months.

Happy Saturday all!

Ginny in Ohio

Brilliant.

Virginia Credit Union is a 5 minute walk from the apartments we hope he will be able to move into in November. I will check with them. We have accounts with Virginia Credit Union already, so it would be even more convenient for transferring funds, etc.

Thank you,

Karen in Virginia

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,712 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well had a good nights sleep...but woof im still tired...will see if im up to going to the song recordings or not.. after a week of watch Miles and running errands and doing things afterwards. I might just chill until I meet my friend at 2 for lunch..
    Lisa- congratulations on getting a new son in law again soon..I learned after the 2nd time I was done but my kids were older than hers well when I married Tom Tracy was 9 and Dan 13 ,and let me tell ya that was rough..
    But as an adult.. with grown kids to get married again.. Oh hell no...
  • Machka9
    Options
    vo3kox240ra8.png

Machka in Oz