Welcome New Members!

Replies

• vickiecarroll528
    vickiecarroll528 Posts: 12 Member
    Hello all! I am Vickie, I live with my husband Charlie and our German Shepard Sasha in Northern Virginia, outside of DC. I has RNY Gastric Bypass on 6/29/22 and at the time I started prepping for the surgery I weighed 326 lbs. Since then I have lost 55 lbs, and have begun to experience the benefits of weighing less, like being able to walk, sleeping better, more energy, etc. This is a hard way to lose weight, there is a lot of change, and many restrictions. But I needed all of those things to change bad habits I've had since to 90's. I hope to learn from all of you!
  • kanw0980
    kanw0980 Posts: 8 Member
    Yay, I am learning more about this app! Love MFP, it has helped with understanding how to balance out my meals. That has made a huge impact.
  • fmrweld
    fmrweld Posts: 1 Member
    Same here. Trying to figure this out, have to go low carb according to my doc.
  • Ellebronwyn1
    Ellebronwyn1 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello Vickie,

I am a fellow bariatric surgery patient as well (VSG 2019), and my nutritionist from my bariatric program suggested this app. I have used it on and off, but after falling off the wagon a bit and skipping vitamins, water, etc. (do not do this, do better then I did lol), I have decided to commit myself to getting back to basics and logging everything I eat and each time I walk or go to the gym, etc. Good luck to you!
  • Rickimariefit
    Rickimariefit Posts: 64 Member
    Hey y’all! Keep crushing them goals!
  • pattyroski94
    pattyroski94 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello, my name is Patty and I've been using MFP for a month. :) If anyone is interested in being friends I would appreciate it 😊
  • 9dpvm6qh5g
    9dpvm6qh5g Posts: 1 Member
    Also new and just started today…so motivation is really high 💪
  • So it looks like I managed to post an intro post somewhere else 😂. Not sure what I did. With that said, I'm new here! I am looking to lose 34 pounds and to tone up. It looks like I need to keep my calories at 1328 a day, which means I'll need to track! Feel free to add me, as I love chatting about how things are going! Let's help one another out to be the best versions of ourselves!
  • hg_123
    hg_123 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hi everyone!

Eating and weight has always been an issue so I am looking to having a healthier relationship with food. My goal which lose about 30 pounds so I can feel more happy and energetic. Feel free to add/contact me - I love supporting others to achieve our goals. You got this!

- H
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share that we have a private group “LGBT+“
    This is a safe haven for the LGBT+ community of MyFitnessPal. You are welcome here and can be yourself.

Here is the link to the LGBT+ group In case you want to check it out
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/22-lgbt
  • barbarella321
    barbarella321 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone. I just joined MFP today after a call from my doctor. Apparently I have two (2!) ventral hernias that need surgical repair. Aside from the medical need, when I look at my abdomen, I get a flashback to "Alien" to the scene right before the creature burst out from the guys abdomen. I mean it sticks out.
    I was told very kindly that I was not able to have surgery because I was too overweight, and that while the hernia sites could be repaired, it wouldn't last, because my BMI was too high. My doc said that I would have to lose 35 pounds before the surgery would be scheduled. Then he told me that his nurse would be contacting me with some calorie lists, and that I should call back to schedule surgery when I had lost the weight. By the way, he also said the hernias were "fat-filled".
    So after staring blankly at the office wall for a while, I decided to join MFP and get serious about dropping weight, and actually learning how to keep it off. I admit it. I am a procrastinator and rather lazy. But I'm also a realist. This is not just aesthetics, this is a serious medical problem that needs to be dealt with. So I need to learn how to eat properly and increase my activity so I can qualify for my surgery. So here I go. Thanks for any good thoughts or comments.
  • Sanzyd
    Sanzyd Posts: 9 Member
    So this app definitely works but it's not a magical solution...the input and the efforts are 100% on you and the app is only tracking that! You'll definitely meet amazing people....how do I know? I used MFP till the pandemic hit then all bets were off and my eating pattern became compulsive again. Back and motivated and hoping to meet like minded buddies. Feel free to add me 🌸🌷🌸🌷
  • LetsGoGhouls
    LetsGoGhouls Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hey there, back again! I like the new layouts. Looking to lose 50 pounds before I turn 40. Still a couple of years away, excited to get back at it!!
  • Nick10x
    Nick10x Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I'm not new but am back after a long year out. would be good to have some motivational friends.
  • Hello everyone! My name is Melissa. I had VSG on 8/23/22 and have lost 6lbs to date. I feel really good, I am moving more and I love that but I am not losing. I feel like recording what I eat and having VSG friends or the like to help me with tips, tricks, and most of all accountability, I will see progress.
  • Jacki916W
    Jacki916W Posts: 114 Member
    Hello everyone! My name is Melissa. I had VSG on 8/23/22 and have lost 6lbs to date. I feel really good, I am moving more and I love that but I am not losing. I feel like recording what I eat and having VSG friends or the like to help me with tips, tricks, and most of all accountability, I will see progress.

Hi Melissa! I had VSG on 8/24/22! Just one day after you! Nice to meet you! Since the surgery, I have only lost 53.4 pounds so DO NOT come down on yourself, you've lost significantly more than me and I think I'm losing at a good rate. Especially when you consider all of the exercise I'm doing now - 45 minutes every day on the treadmill and full body strength training with dumbbells 3 x week. At first I was disappointed with the small weight loss, but then my husband an dad told me that I'm converting my fat into muscle. My dietician suggested that I take my measurements once a month (chest at the breast line, chest just below the breasts, waist, upper-mid thigh, and bicep. Do this only once a month (I calendar mine so I don't forget and so I don't do it sooner) and you'll be pleased with the results. The scale is only one part of the tools you need to track yourself. Hope this helps!
  • mikmorn
    mikmorn Posts: 5 Member
    Hello! I am also new to the community but I have used this app for a while now. I was wondering why I am not able to add any new foods?
  • SOIJ20
    SOIJ20 Posts: 30 Member
    Not new, been on here on and off for a few years. Trying back it again. Need motivational friends who will convince me that going to a leisure centre for various activities 4 days a week is a good idea! 😂
  • vtgirlinfl1958
    vtgirlinfl1958 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Everyone,
    Just starting my journey today. I’m nervous because I have a hard time staying motivated because of health issues. But I’m telling myself I’ll feel better by taking control of my nutrition and fitness. I’ll be needing loads of support and inspiration! I’m so glad to be here.