Muscle Masters (closed group)

Options

Replies

• HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered about doing that. How do they do it? I heard a bunch of theorys, like they just take them out or inject stuff into them. It sounds painful
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    They inject a solution which collapses the vein and the blood pools out of it...my rec is if you are going to have it done, do it before they get too bad and you have to do it all at once...I didn't have a lot considering my age, weight and having 4 kids....upper thighs, a couple above my right knee and 2 in the back of legs

I had a Groupon for $99 and needed to use it by today...I hope I go back in 2 months, you know how easy it is to put that stuff off :ohwell:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I have lost another pound. I hope I can coax a little more out of the scale tomorrow. How is everyone else doing?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I am proud to say that I am down over 1 lb today. I have been extremely careful on Sunday, Monday.

Plan for today is:

1) 1200 calories
    2) Low, low sodium
    3) No exercise d/t spider vein treatment
    4) No eating, drinking after 7:00 PM
  • healthymomwannabe
    healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I was up yesterday, and haven't checked today. I'm trying to be real careful with what I eat today, and getting that water chugged! I get internet at home tomorrow - finally! So it'll be much more easy for me to stay on track once we have this at home. I'm really not putting in 100% effort these days, I don't know what's going on!! I'm so disappointed in myself! But I DON'T want to quit, I want to beat this battle I'm having with myself! I CAN overcome, right??!?

Connie
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Connie, you can beat it...you need to log your food (paper, on-line) - or - check in everyday...that's why this contest works, you have to be accountable to others and yourself. You can't go thru drive-thrus - or - gas stations for meals. You have to eat clean.
  • HeatherShrinking
    Options
    You can do it Connie! Just stick with it a little longer and it should all come back.

So... I'm up too. TOM is kicking my @ss! At least I figured out what the mayo craving was all about. I'm chugging water like a mad fishy but I'm up 3 pounds at the moment. Anyone have any ideas? I've been eating well, staying with in my calories, lower sodium foods. I haven't had to deal with TOM for years because of the depo shot and now after over a year of being off it - TOM has come back angry and with vengeance! :explode:

Oh and in other Happy Heather news! I had a talk with my boss at my second job. I've been going crazy working a full-time job, a part-time job, going to school and still settling all my Dad's affairs. I went into job #2 ready to fight! I didn't get next Sunday off, even after I requested it and talked to the manager to have it off weeks ago, she let her niece have it off instead... I planned to yell, scream, and demand less hours and equal treatment (most the people that work there are related to either the manager or owner, which makes it like working for the Montagues and the Capulettes). Anyway, I went and told her my demands... only 2 days a week and one Saturday or Sunday off every other week... and she said yes. It was very uneventful. :indifferent: I had worked it all up in my head to be a big fight. I even got my shift changed for next Sunday, because I’ve worked every day (between both jobs) since I got off bereavement leave 5 weeks ago. Which is just crazy!

Anyway, that's my day. How is everyone else doing?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    All I can say is sodium is KILLER for holding water. Drop the sodium to bare minimum today. I was 179 and weighed 175.6 this morning and that's how I did it.

I know that we all chug the water hoping to flush out sodium. But, sodium holds water and therefore will hold the water that you are drinking. So, I would say don't drink litres upon litres of water before weigh-in. Does that make sense.
  • HeatherShrinking
    Options
    That makes sense. I should rethink my dinner. I have a ton of fajita veggies and chicken breast, so I was going to make fajitas, but I'm sure the seasoning is a sodium killer. Maybe I'll switch to baked chicken and green beans. Thanks Kimi
  • nisijam5
    Options
    That makes sense. I should rethink my dinner. I have a ton of fajita veggies and chicken breast, so I was going to make fajitas, but I'm sure the seasoning is a sodium killer. Maybe I'll switch to baked chicken and green beans. Thanks Kimi

Yes, great idea to switch it up.

My sister uses salsa as a marinate for chicken and veggies when she makes fajitas. Would that would well for you. Lots of flavor, without the sodium of a packet.

I'm starving for lunch and making myself wait until 1 PM...Mama's hungry :angry: like a bear
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

I use Mrs. Dash Chipotle seasoning when I make fajitas - no sodium :wink:

I was up over 3lbs and today I'm just up .6lbs. I didn't work out today, was feeling kind of under the weather. Took a nap instead of working out and I feel a little better. We're having stir fry tonight, but I'm just having a tiny bit of (reduced sodium) soy sauce on mine.....maybe I'll use peanut sauce instead - I'll have to see which is the lesser sodium evil of the two. Anyhoo, other than not working out, I've been eating well. Although, I've been eating well (for the most part) and working out for the past 4 months and haven't really lost any weight. :ohwell:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hang in there, Sara!!! I think with low sodium tonight, you'll lose the 0.6 and then some. We just have to come in 1st or 2nd place to stay together

I like the idea of Mrs. Dash. My friend made some homemade salsa that I need to finish up. So, that might make a good dinner plan. I know hers will be low sodium as well.

Sometimes, I think working out makes you retain water as well...you know with the breakdown of proteins...I see extreme cases in the hospital when people are breaking down proteins and they are very edematous...I think maybe a walk is good before weigh in; but, definitely not weight-training stuff.

I am making pot roast for tonight. It's cooking lights' classic pot roast recipe and the best I've ever tried

I am also making some meatballs and homemade marinara tonight...so, lots of cooking going on

I've spend $350 on groceries this week...add another $75 for wines...McDonalds would be way cheaper at this point :grumble:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Last few days I have been making myself get up before work and exercise, and staying under cals but the scales aren't budging and I am maintaining. Off for a 10km walk/jog this morning and hoping that helps :sad:
  • RonBo123
    RonBo123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Well, I pulled a loss.....as small of a loss as my scale will give me. But I'll take it! Finally worked out again today - took too much time off. The rest of this week is going to be tricky - going to a County Fair tomorrow (I hope!) and fried veggies are calling my name.....I only eat them once a year (and actually didn't get any last year) and I'm going to ENJOY them! Then Saturday we're staying at a friend's house all day/night which I'm sure will mean eating out at least 2x......Sunday it's the annual Clam Bake at my grandparent's house - LOTS of yummy food. We'll only be there for an hour or two and then we're driving the rest of the way to MD. I plan on packing healthy snacks for the drive for sure.

One of the perks of being a vegetarian is that there aren't a lot of options when eating out/at potlucks. Sometimes the only option I have is a salad - which, 90% of the time I have to order without meat :grumble:. Why can't restaurants make salads without meat on top? At least one!? Sorry, it's a little pet peeve of mine :happy:
  • healthymomwannabe
    Options
    I've spend $350 on groceries this week...add another $75 for wines...McDonalds would be way cheaper at this point :grumble:

Therein lies my problem. Somehow I find eating out or picking something up real quick from the gas station is cheaper than going to the grocery store. It really doesn't make much sense, even I know that, but I have to get out of that convenient yet irresponsible routine! How I wish and wish my hubby had a job - that makes it very difficult for me to go to the grocery store as often as I should. Seems groceries are last on the list of our "bills." GRRR!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Connie, I agree, healthy foods are expensive...have you seen those meals that you can make for less than five dollars a serving? There are some really decent ones available. Does hubby cook? Or, can he learn? That way, you wouldn't feel pressured to feed everyone quick.

Omettes are always a quick, healthy option with veggies
    Homemade marinara and pasta is a great way to feed a family and freezes really well
    I cook in bulk and use leftovers for lunches
    Pot roast with veggies is really easy to make (crockpot), you can start it the night before

Is there any way we can offer you some support? Recipes? Or, anything?
  • healthymomwannabe
    Options
    I NEED RECIPES!!! My hubby cooks (I really don't know how to cook - really), and that's usually the problem. He cooks what he wants, but says that if I give him a "menu," per se, he'll definitely make it. So, recipes are much appreciated - HEALTHY ones! And just having this thread is great support for me - at least it's a good start. Thank you, all of you. :flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Connie, here's an easy gourmet sandwich that I cheat with

Joesph's Pita (Small)
    Pulled BBQ Pork (3 oz)
    Top with cole slaw 2-3 Tbsp
    1/4 oz shredded cheese
    Top with a fresh jalepeno

Then, find a nice side to go with it (corn, beans, salad with guac, sour cream, cilantro & lime as dressing). You can buy the pulled pork at the grocery store - or - Famous Daves--if you must cheat. Otherwise, throw a pork roast in the crockpot with BBQ sauce and let it simmer all day.

What about the precooked chickens at the grocery store - or - Sam's club? Those are a healty lifesaver....make soup, quesadillas, etc.

Come on, brainstorm, make a shopping list for hubby and schedule of meals...You can do it!!
  • HeatherShrinking
    Options
    My mom makes burrito filling she says isn’t too bad for you.

Ingredient List:
    Can of Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
    Can of Refried Black Bean
    Half pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
    Whole Onion
    Can of Rotel Tomatoes
    Tortilla

Optional Toppings:
    Sliced Tomatoes
    Lettuce
    Salsa

Fry up the meat and onions. Add the Black Beans, Refried Beans and Rotel. Heat some more (either stove top or microwave) Poof! A burrito filling. I don’t remember the calories, but I think she would do 1/3 cup for each burrito and it was pretty low.