September 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    @eleanorhawkins have you checked race results or signup lists for races, for running clubs? Around here, they list the person's club. Might help you figure out if/where people around your speed are hanging out.

Around here it does seem harder scheduling with women, and the men are too fast for me. But as you may have seen in my Strava photo yesterday, our small city has its own running club just for women, and they seem to be all ability levels and organize races. For now, I think I'm good where I am. But I realize it's a luxury to have choices.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    @martaindale thank you, yeah, I guess I do know it isn't me but insecurities, anxiety, yadda yadda...

Well done on managing the marathon pace workout! Amazing what a difference temps/humidity levels make, isn't it. Seems like the worst of the heat is over here (at least early in the morning) and I'm loving it! I passed a guy running in a long-sleeved shirt and gloves this morning. Bit of an exaggeration, I'm still in sleeveless tops and shorts!
    I have no idea what my race pace should be for my upcoming challenge, at the moment I'm just clinging on for dear life lol. My not-actually-a-whole-marathon is complicated because basically, it's a flat, 9-mile warm-up followed by a mountain HM with something like 3,000 ft of elevation, a lot of that appears to be short, very steep, technical climbs. So yeah, trying to think about a pace is impossible, just have to try not to wear my legs out on the first half and then get through the second half quickly enough to avoid the cutoff time. I think after that (depending on whether my legs ever talk to me again) I might switch over to focus on some speed work for a few weeks cause Christmas 5ks and stuff. Then maybe, just maybe (note to self, do NOT sign up for it!) I'll give Sherry Marathon in Jerez de la Frontera a go depending on the date. Jerez is home to sherry and yes, they give the stuff out at aid stations. Shame I don't drink, though it sounds like a terrible idea. Fun though!
  • eleanorhawkins
    @eleanorhawkins have you checked race results or signup lists for races, for running clubs? Around here, they list the person's club. Might help you figure out if/where people around your speed are hanging out.

Around here it does seem harder scheduling with women, and the men are too fast for me. But as you may have seen in my Strava photo yesterday, our small city has its own running club just for women, and they seem to be all ability levels and organize races. For now, I think I'm good where I am. But I realize it's a luxury to have choices.

Yeah, generally there are very few women running trails in Spain, and the majority of those who do sign up for races go for the shorter versions and are either super fast or are walkers who live there and want to join in. For example... at my next race, there are 300 runners signed up for the 35k and only 20 of us are women!
    I think, apart from pace, part of the problem may well be that they don't want to run on their own in the mountains. I've only ever seen one other woman running up on our mountain (on her own but with a big dog) and she's from a town on the other side of the mountain and has won pretty much every race in this region. That's why the trail club seemed such a good idea! Ah well.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,083 Member
    @tarun_yadavA Waiting to be stunned! Thanks to @polskagirl01 for putting together the tutorial on spoilers. That was helpful. The interface isn’t always the most intuitive.

@martaindale <<<Pressure!>>>
    🤣
  • tarun_yadavA
    Beer run clubs... London has a few. Used to like those. Kinda gone off them a bit as I've got older.
    Very testosterone - "look how fast I can run" etc etc, then chug beers. Not the best for hydration. Doubly so as you get older. Made myself a bit sick one time & passed out after running 5M hard then drinking 4 pints of beer
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,968 Member
    September Goal: 100 Miles

9/1: 6.02 miles
    9/2: 2.11 miles
    9/4: 10.02 miles
    9/6: 5.31 miles
    9/7: 5.33 miles
    9/8: 5.41 miles
    9/11: 11.02 miles
    9/12: 2.02 miles
    9/13: 5.51 miles
    9/14: 5.52 miles
    9/16: 5.51 miles
    9/17: 2.03 miles
    9/19: 5.51 miles
    9/20: 5.54 miles
    9/21: 6.02 miles
    9/23: 5.51 miles
    9/25: 10.26 miles
    9/27: 5.51 miles
    9/28: 5.51 miles

109.67/100 miles completed for September

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but I did run. It was a beautiful morning. 57°F and the dew point was 41°. I ran 5.5 miles. It was perfect running weather. This morning the temperature was a little higher at 63°F, but the dew point was still around 41° and it felt really nice. I ran the same 5.5 miles today as I ran yesterday.

exercise.png

• tarun_yadavA
    Yayyyy 🥳
  • tarun_yadavA
    Hahaha, thanks
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,780 Member
    OK - now I admit I miss seeing it without the spoiler... What can I say. I am fickle... o:)
  • tarun_yadavA
    OK - now I admit I miss seeing it without the spoiler... What can I say. I am fickle... o:)

@SummerSkier 😱 After all that.....
    🤣😂
  • eleanorhawkins
    @tarun_yadavA beautiful indeed!
    @Scott6255 holy chit, Batman, that's a lotta miles!
    @yirara well done on keeping at it despite difficult circumstances. Consistency pays off
  • tarun_yadavA
    @Teresa502 woah woah... Baby steps! 😂

Enjoy Georgia!! 😊