What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,280 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Thanksgiving make ahead dishes....anyone got suggestions? I'm hosting 5 days after moving

Hmm - stuffing maybe - cause can reheat in the oven - other than that I got nothing - I was planning on going to Cracker Barrel or some
    Other restaurant this year - but my bro invited me to his place so I’ll go there

Lucky you to get an invite. Ice also volunteered to do thanksgiving Monday for a friend after the family thing which is a lunch. If you want Canadian Thanksgiving come on up!
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    How much I love love love being alone. My boss is great. We collaborate well. He mostly leaves me alone to do my thing. But I am positively giddy that he will be out of the office most of the day and unless a consultant type guy comes in I have the building to myself. This has lifted my mood considerably
  • PeacefulBalance
    PeacefulBalance Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I’m quite sad that this is the last warm (78) day before we start to drop in temperature and eventually get snow 😭🥶
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I bought a bunch of tap lights that have a remote and you can change the colors and I bought a bunch of batteries for the tap lights and I put the tap lights in some plastic food containers and I’m going to use them to line the Halloween trail. And if I have any energy after I finish all of my after work chores I’m going to start putting them out tonight.

I did look into doing a kind of geocache thing with placing prizes at certain coordinates but I don’t have good cell service on that part of my property and I’m afraid it wouldn’t work. Plus the kid I have taken into my confidence as a co-conspirator is a bit of a Luddite and thinks it would be more fun to just discover and let the trail unfold.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I’m having a harder time watch my son grow up than my girls - when he was young he was my PIC - and anything I did was gospel anything I liked he liked - now he’s growing into his own man wants to hang with his friends - and that’s great but also kinda bums me out

What's a PIC....ooooh partner in crime?

Correct. We used to fist bump and say PIC 4 life and hold 4 fingers and the make the L shape - can’t remember the last time we did that …. They all grow up guess - we say we’ll get it tatted when he old enough - so I got that - Eh guess I’m feeling older these days -
    Just keep being accessible and talking to him about random *kitten*. He’ll come back around.

what she said^. You are a good dad, R
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    Options
    How much I love love love being alone. My boss is great. We collaborate well. He mostly leaves me alone to do my thing. But I am positively giddy that he will be out of the office most of the day and unless a consultant type guy comes in I have the building to myself. This has lifted my mood considerably

Alone time makes me happy as well :)
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    I bought a bunch of tap lights that have a remote and you can change the colors and I bought a bunch of batteries for the tap lights and I put the tap lights in some plastic food containers and I’m going to use them to line the Halloween trail. And if I have any energy after I finish all of my after work chores I’m going to start putting them out tonight.

I did look into doing a kind of geocache thing with placing prizes at certain coordinates but I don’t have good cell service on that part of my property and I’m afraid it wouldn’t work. Plus the kid I have taken into my confidence as a co-conspirator is a bit of a Luddite and thinks it would be more fun to just discover and let the trail unfold.

You sound like a fun mom
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    That despite how long I've been drawing/painting/crafting, I still very much feel like an imposter. I just never feel "good enough" at anything, no matter what I do or say, especially compared to others who have been doing this a helluva lot less than I have.

I know this is a pretty common thing for creative people to feel, but I was hoping by now that it would have lessened. But no, it still feels the same now as it did when I was 18. It sucks.

At least I get enjoyment out of these things still. The day they cease being enjoyable is a bad day, for sure.

you are s

this sounds awesome and is 100% contrast to my lack of effort this year

• TwitchyMagee
    Options

You sound like a fun mom

I keep trying but as you know sometimes they just want to do their own thing.
  • cowsfan12
    Options

You sound like a fun mom

I keep trying but as you know sometimes they just want to do their own thing.

It’s inevitable 🤷‍♂️
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited October 2022
    Options

this sounds awesome and is 100% contrast to my lack of effort this year
    I do OK on what I consider low pressure things. I completely lose the plot for Christmas because it’s just too much expectation
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Everyone should send good vibes to @piggy_smalls for his job interview.

q9pi93uohggu.gif

pf0qpcti4fgk.gif
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,280 Member
    Options
    How the heck are these people gonna get the piano out of my house
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    How the heck are these people gonna get the piano out of my house
    Probably the legs come off. And if not that’s their problem
  • piggy_smalls
    piggy_smalls Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

q9pi93uohggu.gif

pf0qpcti4fgk.gif

b6f2qbc3va3k.gif

To both of you. To the rest of the 200 plus million on the platform, eat a bag of... ooh, look, rice cakes.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    No gifs but good luck...if you haven't already interviewed.

Now! We Don't Talk About Bruno.

I was looking for a gif from Encanto, fell down an Encanto rabbit hole, was reminded We Don't Talk About Bruno was the stand out song when IT CLEARLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FAMILY MADRIGAL!!!!, found out my Madrigal gift would be prophesy, just like Bruno's. Who we don't talk about.

And now the title line from the song is stuck in my head.
  • cowsfan12
    Options

q9pi93uohggu.gif

pf0qpcti4fgk.gif

b6f2qbc3va3k.gif

To both of you. To the rest of the 200 plus million on the platform, eat a bag of... ooh, look, rice cakes.

Break a leg !
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    How my grandma told me there’s only one good thing about marriage.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    How my grandma told me there’s only one good thing about marriage.

Don't leave us hanging...