Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Hello group! 🦋
    Maybe a sober October?

10/1-10/7: AF
    10:8: AF By the skin of my teeth! I’m not sure what happened but I went to the store and bought vodka and a mixer. Brought it home, chilled it and then didn’t drink it because I was afraid of the hangover! 🤷🏻‍♀️
    10/9: AF
    10/10: AF
    I dreamt about this thread last night but I can’t remember in what way. Odd.
    Today marks 30 days AF for me. Before that I think it was August 20ish. On both of those days I had half a drink. I have mixed feelings about this. I think the main ones are proud and anxious.
    10/11: AF
    Well, my job has finally made me physically ill to the point where I couldn’t work yesterday I was so sick. I felt better in the evening so I job searched. Next to brush up my resume and start submitting. I really wanted to try to stick this job out for the 50 hours of vacation time I have coming to me but at this point, I have to get out!
    10/12: AF
    Stayed up too late doom scrolling the craziest things.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    @joans1976

Ah, 50 hours lol.
    Well, Bali sounds so wonderful!! I am sure that gets you through some days, having something like that to look forward to.

If you are applying for new jobs you could just tell them that you are available all but those 10 days?

I hope that today finds you a little better, or if not that you are getting paid for sick days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi : - )
    I am Dawn.
    I live in SE BC, Canada.
    I joined this group in November 2018, and had my very first AF day in many many years then.
    My usual goal is 16-20 AF days per month, and have maintained that for a few years until September of this year when I had only 14AF days (couldn't resist the daily Margaritas in Mexico I guess).

I do this diary style.

Sunday October 09 - AF - Made a beautiful AF Cherry Daquiri, 5 calories.
    Monday October 10 - AF - Planning AF until Friday. My friend moved away who I normally have Apricot Brandy mixed with Espresso Bailey's with on Thanksgiving Day. I worked anyway, so even if she had been here I couldn't have indulged.
    Tuesday October 11 - AF - Felt like having drinks, but my work days are way too long for the next couple, so I have to feel as healthy as possible and drinks might change that.
    Wednesday October 12 - AF - One more long shift for Thursday and then just a regular one for Friday. Whew, very tired, definitely wanted to reach for a nice relaxing A drink last night, but knew that I couldn't/shouldn't. Planned drinks or Friday and or Saturday

Rolling total: 8AF days out of 12 days.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    10/1- A
    10/2-10/3-10/4-10/5 AF
    10/6-10/7- 10/8 - A
    10/9-10/10 10/11- 10/12 - AF
    10/13 - A
  • joans1976
    Options
    sarah7591 wrote: »
    I drink about 2x a week or so. I wish I had the strength to quit forever to be honest. I have noticed though when I do drink even just two drinks I am very depressed the next day. I certainly am not depressed when I am drinking...makes me relaxed but the next day....ugh....so depressed. I understand alcohol is a depressant but why would it affect me the next day? Does anyone else have this issue?

@sarah7591 I had this issue too. I have clinical depression and I would drink to feel better and then when I felt bad the next day, would drink to feel better again. A vicious cycle. I’m not a doctor but I would assume it has to do with chemical imbalances.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Breathe57103

Awesome photos!

That is officially on my bucket list!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    sarah7591 wrote: »
    I drink about 2x a week or so. I wish I had the strength to quit forever to be honest. I have noticed though when I do drink even just two drinks I am very depressed the next day. I certainly am not depressed when I am drinking...makes me relaxed but the next day....ugh....so depressed. I understand alcohol is a depressant but why would it affect me the next day? Does anyone else have this issue?

I don't experience that, but I sometimes get an upset tummy the next day, and find that I am not as sharp as I would like to be mentally.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi : - )
    I am Dawn.
    I live in SE BC, Canada.
    I joined this group in November 2018, and had my very first AF day in many many years then.
    My usual goal is 16-20 AF days per month, and have maintained that for a few years until September of this year when I had only 14AF days (couldn't resist the daily Margaritas in Mexico I guess).

I do this diary style.

Sunday October 09 - AF - Made a beautiful AF Cherry Daquiri, 5 calories.
    Monday October 10 - AF - Planning AF until Friday. My friend moved away who I normally have Apricot Brandy mixed with Espresso Bailey's with on Thanksgiving Day. I worked anyway, so even if she had been here I couldn't have indulged.
    Tuesday October 11 - AF - Felt like having drinks, but my work days are way too long for the next couple, so I have to feel as healthy as possible and drinks might change that.
    Wednesday October 12 - AF - One more long shift for Thursday and then just a regular one for Friday. Whew, very tired, definitely wanted to reach for a nice relaxing A drink last night, but knew that I couldn't/shouldn't. Planned drinks or Friday and or Saturday
    Thursday October 13 - AF - I had to do some self talk for that, with no split shift scheduled for Friday I almost caved. Now the next morning I am very glad that I didn't, I have a big project to do for my other job after the restaurant which I might have postponed/rescheduled to next week had I not been feeling well.

Rolling total: 9AF days out of 13 days.
  • joans1976
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy Nice streak! And proud of you for the choice YOU made for YOURSELF to be AF to handle the next day! Way. To. Go. Girl.

@Breathe57103 Oh my! I love those pics! Those bees are adorable!