Less Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    October accountability: 11 days AF
    Alcohol: 13 days (33.5 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

10/24 - AF; DH too

Good start for the week! Getting close to my goal of 12 days for October.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Had a delicious glass of wine with dinner. Lots of yummy carbs today, so I need to rein it in for tomorrow.

Hmmmm, what have I never done before? So far today nothing, will have to try this tomorrow.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy, interesting you mention Diwali as it is a time to inspire change and awakening (I need this). While I don't celebrate it, I do appreciate the goodness it brings.

I love what @MissMay said, yes, we need to continue to chase our dreams (translation: quit thinking & take action).
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @MissMay - My sister stopped by last night right before dinner ... I did not invite her to stay and DH & I did not open a bottle of wine. :)

Good luck with unpacking your POD and settling into your new digs.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Hello group! 🦋
    Maybe a sober October?

10/1-10/7: AF
    10/8-10/14: AF
    10/15-10/21: AF
    10/22: AF
    I really considered having drinks (plural) last night. I felt like I needed something to take my mind off the biopsy coming up. However, my anxiety has been so high lately I was afraid the alcohol might make my anxiety worse and then I would be stuck. I had chocolate instead 😎
    10/23: AF
    10/24: AF
    My boss is being horrible, just horrible. I need to think of a nickname for her besides “narcissistic a—hole.” Ideas?
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, let me start out saying
    @Lilylady3k I started with watercolors and if that is your first, you are an amazing artist!

Now on the selling of the business building and our unwanted new neighbors. The situation is getting so much worse. We call 311, we call the non emergency police number, and file reports online. Now they have not only camped with broken down RV's and cars they have strung tarps from them, past the easement across the sidewalk to attach to our trees. They are now burning stuff in a 55 gal drum on our property. We have a building full of chemicals (clearly marked on outside of the building) that will go boom with just fumes. Inside all the lighting has to be explosion proof. So the fire department is called they put out the fire and as they drive away they relight. When the fire department is on the phone they best they can do is report it to 311-envirmental services. I guess the homeless have special privileges. We have contacted via phone, online reporting and emailed officials.

I need more suggestions please.

So if everything blows up for 1/2 a city block where do you think they will point the finger?

Does this shoot my anxiety up?

So sorry to drop this in everyones lap, I am just desperate for a solution before there really is a death or serious injury. Did I mention I can not WAIT WAIT WAIT to leave this state.
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @lmlmrn - Yes first attempt at watercolor ... great instruction. My 2nd attempt which was a raven I'm not proud of at all. What a purple black blob that turned out to be!

The situation at your business with this homeless folks is absolutely crazy!!! I too would be pulling out my hair. Good luck in reasoning with the unreasonable.

• Lilylady3k
    Options
    October accountability: 11 days AF
    Alcohol: 14 days (35.5 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

10/24 - AF; DH too
    10/25 - 2 wine; steak night