Less Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn That photo makes me angry too. Some good suggestions from people on here although all these suggestions take work on your behalf because of another’s laziness. It is definitely not fair. I understand your drinking right now and I think this thread is about learning and how our drinking ebbs and flows. I am so sorry you’re going through this and I wish I had something clever to tell you to put on a sign in front of their “encampment.”

@Lilylady3k Sending hugs your way, what a shocking situation to show up at your door!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn they’ve made themselves quite at home, haven’t they? To me they are not homeless, they live in an RV, just like many, many other people do as full time RVers- on purpose, to see the Country, visit the National Parks. Etc. If you were a pedestrian, would you walk down that section of the sidewalk? I wouldn’t. Which means someone could get hit by a car going into the street to avoid their “front patio”.

Honestly this makes me angry too. I would so want to hire junk haulers and a tow truck to just take away their *kitten* and be done. Definitely include this picture, and more, when you file your complaints!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Had a glass of wine last night, for the sole reason it was a covered leftover from what my husband poured the night before and didn’t finish. Silly reason to keep my kitchen counter clean! Didn’t like how I felt afterwards.

Planned wine tonight and Friday, then I’m going to be aF for the rest of the weekend. It makes me sluggish the next day.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn

OMG!!! The photo really brings your situation to reality. Awful!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @joans1976

When do you get the results of your biopsy?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Breathe57103

Great photo!! Arizona looks good on you, love the smile.
    I am glad that you had company and a really good time : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi : - )
    I am Dawn.
    I live in SE BC, Canada.
    I joined this group in November 2018, and had my very first AF day in many many years then.
    My usual goal is 16-20 AF days per month, and have maintained that for a few years until September of this year when I had only 14AF days (couldn't resist the daily Margaritas in Mexico I guess).

I do this diary style.

Monday October 24 - 2 drinks. The only thing that I did that I had never done before was not a positive thing. A customer ordered a Stella, I went into the cooler to get one and the box was in there but empty. We had other boxes of it not chilled. Whoever took the last cold one out completely knew that they were doing that, and weren't thinking of the next person. I actually flung the box out on the floor while shouting. Completely out of character for me, and very unproud of that.
    Tuesday October 25 - AF - I refused an extra shift for the day, too tired. How nice it was to be home to have dinner at a reasonable time.
    Wednesday October 26 - AF - Happy to hit my 16. I am going to try to get another 1 or 2 before month end.

Rolling total: 16AF days out of 26 days.
  • joans1976
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy I HATE when co-workers take the last of something but the task they are doing is SO important they can’t be bothered to refill. When I worked in the clinic that happened all the time. One day I caught one co-worker doing it red handed (a manager) and her excuse was she didn’t have time and just figured someone else would do it! I told her she was what was wrong with humanity. I don’t blame you for throwing it. Let that go. Good job on the AF days, you always sound like you have a plan.
    Biopsies should be back in 1-6 days, could be tomorrow, could be as late as next Thursday. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    October accountability: 11 days AF
    Alcohol: 16 days (40.5 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

10/27 - 3 drinks ; My birthday dinner 2 glasses of wine with B& B for dessert
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @Breathe57103 - Love your pic!!! Wonderful that you are enjoying friends and your time in Arizona.
  • joans1976
    Options
    Hello group! 🦋
    Maybe a sober October?

10/1-10/7: AF
    10/8-10/14: AF
    10/15-10/21: AF
    10/22: AF
    I really considered having drinks (plural) last night. I felt like I needed something to take my mind off the biopsy coming up. However, my anxiety has been so high lately I was afraid the alcohol might make my anxiety worse and then I would be stuck. I had chocolate instead 😎
    10/23: AF
    10/24: AF
    My boss is being horrible, just horrible. I need to think of a nickname for her besides “narcissistic a—hole.” Ideas?
    10/25: AF
    Biopsies today, fingers crossed!
    10/26: AF
    Very sore and depressed today.
    10/27: AF
    Depression is still here. I have to leave the house today for a doctors appointment. I’m just feeling sorry for myself, things could be much worse. Going to try to make this a better day!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    Hello group! 🦋
    Maybe a sober October?

Biopsies today, fingers crossed!
    10/26: AF
    Very sore and depressed today.
    10/27: AF
    Depression is still here. I have to leave the house today for a doctors appointment. I’m just feeling sorry for myself, things could be much worse. Going to try to make this a better day!
    Thinking of you, I hope you hear soon about the results. The waiting part is never easy. ❤
  • MissMay
    Options
    What a wonderful picture of you @Breathe57103. That smile.....keep those coming!
  • MissMay
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    @lmlmrn they’ve made themselves quite at home, haven’t they? To me they are not homeless, they live in an RV, just like many, many other people do as full time RVers- on purpose, to see the Country, visit the National Parks. Etc. If you were a pedestrian, would you walk down that section of the sidewalk? I wouldn’t. Which means someone could get hit by a car going into the street to avoid their “front patio”.

Honestly this makes me angry too. I would so want to hire junk haulers and a tow truck to just take away their *kitten* and be done. Definitely include this picture, and more, when you file your complaints!

I was thinking a skunk under that tarp would be fun visitor to release!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi : - )
    I am Dawn.
    I live in SE BC, Canada.
    I joined this group in November 2018, and had my very first AF day in many many years then.
    My usual goal is 16-20 AF days per month, and have maintained that for a few years until September of this year when I had only 14AF days (couldn't resist the daily Margaritas in Mexico I guess).

I do this diary style.

Monday October 24 - 2 drinks. The only thing that I did that I had never done before was not a positive thing. A customer ordered a Stella, I went into the cooler to get one and the box was in there but empty. We had other boxes of it not chilled. Whoever took the last cold one out completely knew that they were doing that, and weren't thinking of the next person. I actually flung the box out on the floor while shouting. Completely out of character for me, and very unproud of that.
    Tuesday October 25 - AF - I refused an extra shift for the day, too tired. How nice it was to be home to have dinner at a reasonable time.
    Wednesday October 26 - AF - Happy to hit my 16. I am going to try to get another 1 or 2 before month end.
    Thursday October 27 - 2 drinks. I had no intention of drinks, but it was the old cold, hungry, tired thing. Raining and cold here, not cold enough to have snow just yet, this is not my favourite time of year, trails are too muddy, no skating yet. Contrary to most people, those 2 drinks had me sleep like a baby, and I feel great this morning. Planning AF for Sunday and Monday to hopefully end the month with 18AF days.

Rolling total: 16AF days out of 27 days.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Ok I am still alive and onery as ever.

The pictures are just awesome....AZ hmm. Wonder if I can talk DH into considering there if there is someplace that does not turn into an oven in the summer.

@MissMay We sorta tried the skunk route. We bought skunk oil (5 bottles) and released them all over that area. Wasn't strong enough to even make them sniff the air funny. We could smell it but.....

The suggestions and sympathy wow thank your to this AF community! DH and I both know that A is not the solution. An update. Multiple emails with now the Fire Marshall did result in the unwanted guests have scaled back again to the other side of the sidewalk with just a few items left next to the building.
    I am sure this will not last. We are now going after the city about enforcing parking limits (7 days) they have been there 8 weeks. We are even considering suing the city for damages for not protecting the property and we have the phone records and online reports to back up our complaints and the other business owners.

So A has been scaled back. We both had a beer yesterday, but it was accompanied by a meal out. Nothing when we returned home.

So our next deterrent? DH got some device that is suppose to emit some type of noise/wave that makes you feel sick/headache etc. I don't have any faith in that one LOL. But he will mount it on the roof pointing down at them this weekend.

Ok off for now, working on getting better about posting
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    October accountability: 12 days AF
    Alcohol: 16 days (40.5 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

10/28 - AF; DH too

Hit my 12 AF days for the month! Might have another in the next 3 days. Tomorrow we are going out on a friend's boat for the day.