WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    8y0h90a4b2bb.jpeg

Sorry for the poor quality, reflections etc. Tips welcome on how to use iphone to take pic of something too large to scan.
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    October: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Lay it flat so that it reflects the ceiling (a section of the ceiling with no lights). Check that it is reflecting the plain ceiling from all angles. Take a photo from a high point above the picture so that you get the whole picture plus some carpet or cupboard around the edges. Use Paint.net to trim the edges so it's neat. And post. :)

Or take the photo out of the frame.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    So sorry, Dr Katie. You have been under so much stress recently, that it's not surprising the aches and pains have revived. <3
    What advice would you give yourself? Can you follow your own advice? :)<3
    Many hugs. (((((×)))))

Just a few more things to collect. They are written down. I've written the luggage labels and sorted out paperwork. Huge bag of medicaments! :o
    I haven't actually put anything in a suitcase, but they are ready and waiting. Everything is on the bed in the spare room.
    Sea sickness pills in my handbag.
    Dh is packing. Gets a bit sensitive when I try to steer him towards nicer stuff. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,688 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies
    Heather- so excited for you and Johnny ,And live vicariously through you on your cruises,I would love to go on another cruise.. but i don't know if I would have the stamina for it.
    Slept well and will try and get a few more things done today..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Katla Hoping you are finding ways to take care of you. I am so sorry for all the stress you have been under. Sounds like DH is getting the care he needs right now. Are the places you can walk to from your apartment that you enjoy? Have you met any of your neighbors? Know we support you and appreciate your updates.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I had a brief call from DH. He said that he is feeling better. I am hoping that he will be able to join me in our apartment in the near future. If he needs additional support in an assisted facility I will visit him as often as I can.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Another lovely fall day in the neighborhood!

Headed to Lacy and Nick's for the VIKINGS (American) football game today. HOPEFULLY, most of their cousins will be there, but my brothers and their wives will not. Youngest already declined (unfortunately typical) and the oldest is away for his FIL's internment.

Have a wonderful SONday!

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    Kim - Oh no! Hope the symptoms, if any, are light. What made you get a test?

Machka - I'll bet Rowan loves having you home for long stretches... the granddaughter thing is pretty awesome, huh. Especially when you didn't expect to have any. When my best friend found out Corey and I were getting married, she burst into tears because she was so happy that I'd have kids and grandkids, something neither one of us thought I'd have. I think she worried about it more than I did! :D

Corey's gone outside to burn brush - the dry summer means we have a massive amount of it to burn, but we got a lovely rain all day yesterday and all night last night, so the burn bans have been lifted for now.

I just got back from picking up a few fresh items at Walmart, apples and carrots for Corey's lunch and the ingredients for guacamole. Even that short time out makes me tired and ouchy. Trying to get used to the Tramadol, and a little boost from Tylenol seemed to help yesterday, so I just took some. As neither are NSAIDS, they shouldn't inflame my gut. Would rather Tylenol did not become a habit--it can cause its own issues, but should be ok in small amounts.

Fingers crossed the infusion on Wednesday gets my iron levels where they ought to be--I'm really tired of being tired... Corey's taking the day off to drive me, so that's kind of awesome. But... time now to go dump the laundry on the couch, watch a little crap TV and do something mindless like fold clothes.

Love y'all...
    Lisa in AR
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Cathy - Welcome aboard! Glad to have you! Congratulations on the weight loss - 20 lbs is fantastic.

Machka - I see some Patricia Cornwell books under your bed! I spent 2 months working with her in the medical examiner's office in Richmond, VA, before she wrote her first crime novel. Her protagonist was inspired by my supervisor at the time, Dr. Marcella Fierro, and her first crime novel was uncomfortably similar to the real life murder of one of the medical fellows at the medical college in Richmond. Later, I worked with the sister-in-law of the murdered fellow and she told me the family had not been happy at the thinly disguised details of the novel vs the real case. Patty, as we called her, had written some books about her friends the Rev Billy and Ruth Graham prior to writing her first best seller, and she knew lots of other interesting people, too. She and I had lunch together several times during those 2 months, and went on crime scene investigations with the ME. It was an exciting 2 months. Of course, at the time, I had no idea Patty would go on to become such a famous author. We did not keep in touch after my rotations through the ME's office were over, and I seriously doubt she would remember me now, but I will never forget her. Kay Scarpetta is a hybrid of Dr. Fierro and Patricia Cornwell in my opinion, with the knowledge & expertise of Dr. Fierro, and the physical attributes of Patricia Cornwell. I read many of her books before finally tiring of them as it seemed to me they were becoming formulaic.

___

We carved pumpkins at LillyBelle's house yesterday afternoon. It was great fun!

Then we had Brunswick Stew purchased at the fall semi-annual Brunswick Stew event sponsored by the local Ruritan club. Delicious. We have managed to move most of the furniture that will be going to LillyBelle's house to the LR - couch, coffee table, 2 bookcases, 3 side table/drawer files, and 2 tall slim shelves with bottom drawers. Once all of that is delivered to them at the end of the week, we will have more room to maneuver.

Still waiting for birth certificates from Nebraska for my brother. They mailed these (the replacements for the ones that were stolen by the owner of the assisted living facility) a week ago tomorrow. It seems as if it is taking a long time.

Tomorrow we have a lot on our agenda. Need to sort out why several of my brother's mail-away prescriptions have not been approved by his doctor, as he is getting short on meds and will run out soon. Need to pick up key fobs for our new apartment. We have a meeting with folks in the "other" retirement community to discuss finishes for the apartment we will move to in 2 years, and if enough time, set up some shelves in the storage area at the senior apartment we move into anytime after Nov 1. And of course Halloween is Monday evening. t98223.gif

Tuesday when we have full access to the apartment, we will try to slip over there to do some measuring, but Tuesday is another full day with taking my brother in the morning to a doctor's appoint a fair distance from here, and my spouse has a physical training appointment in the afternoon.

Trying not to lose my momentum with moving treasures out of the house and into the possession of gift recipients, consignment places, charitable organizations, etc.

Plus keep up with the groceries, laundry, cooking, etc.

And I should probably pluck some chin hairs...

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    It looks like DH will be moving to an assisted living facility, but I don’t know exactly when. The place is only 30 minutes from our apartment, if I have my facts straight. Our daughter will get him when she can. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good place for my husband. 🤞🏻