What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Air fried "shake & bake" drumsticks, mashed potatoes & salad of tomatoes, olives & capers dressed with olive oil. Shake & bake mix was gluten free flour and curry powder. It has some dry spots but since I remove the skin it's not a problem. The important part is to impart flavor to the chicken.

24xlaj79pote.jpeg

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 459 Member
    bbbfdb80ce1o.jpeg
    Using up leftovers.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    edited December 2022
    Quick and easy dinner as we were supposed to go out but the other couple bailed because the weather is so horrendous here. Tuna w/Primal Kitchen chili-lime mayo and capers with salad of romaine, tomatoes & olives spritzed with olive oil. This is more something I'd eat for lunch rather than dinner but it works in a pinch.

There will be a lot of capers in the coming weeks as we're doing a long distance move next month and I bought the big 32oz jar at Costco a while ago. I doubt I can finish it (my partner doesn't like capers) but I'm determined to make a big dent in it.

5jcxyucklikc.jpeg

• xandraxian
    xandraxian Posts: 11 Member
    grzprv67hnfj.jpeg
    A bunch of sourdough bread unseen here (cause it’s gone) and some salad. Tomatoes, cucumber, cheddar, and vegan feta (smells better with a less potent taste) topped with caesar dressing.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,876 Member
    Hubby likes to eat out on Friday night because the break in routine signals start of the weekend, making it feel longer. The local Vietnamese cafe. We ordered green mango salad and salt and pepper aubergine to start, followed by dry beef noodles and chicken curry for mains.
    5hva0myojiia.jpeg
    thdigdguix3f.jpeg
    15un1vy3bgya.jpeg
  • acpgee
    We did our small and vaguely asian Chrimas dinner on Xmas Eve. Roast chicken which was spatchcocked, Chinese sticky rice stuffing from the Woks of Life website, roast potatoes, roast squash, gravy, sauteed bok choi.
    idkc1b3w3g0y.jpeg

• LazyBlondeChef
    Salad of romaine, cherry tomatoes, olives & sliced almonds dressed w/olive oil. Reverse seared steak and leftover mashed potatoes. We again marinated the steak in a triple smoked whisky prior to cooking. This time it had a much smoker flavor.

e2d7cqdc69do.jpeg

6v28az8v4fvw.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Beef hor fun and asian cucumber salad.
    62mquvhmr8l7.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Chilean sea bass, scallops, polenta w/parm and salad of romaine, tomatoes, capers & almonds spritzed with olive oil.

rczo1olbeoel.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Red beans (with andouille) and rice. Salad of romaine, tomatoes, capers, olives & sliced almonds spritzed with olive oil.

vhq3b9xsp6gi.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Starter of salad with blue cabrales and grapes. Main of crusted hake following the Stefan Gourmet Blog recipe for crusted cod. Fish served on a bed of lentils cooked in shellfish bisque we had lying around in the freezer. Stir fried bok choi and shitake mushrooms on the side.
    7nr5kzrfnlsf.jpeg
    tf4g6p1asads.jpeg

• janicemlove
    Lunch was chicken w a garlic cauliflower purée and green beans (culinary team at work):aupi69pincuu.jpeg
    dinner was a turkey and cheese melt and strawberries: elin8gcyemvd.jpeg

• janicemlove
    347wxabqgpha.jpeg
    Lunch: Tex mex tacos and some cumin-roasted broccoli
  • acpgee
    Leftovers management. Starter of grilled baby gem hearts drizzled with ranch and some of the lentils from yesterday night. Avgolemono soup to use up some of the leftover Christmas roast chicken.
    xtssjkd6ejp6.jpeg
    4wfzm98943zr.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    edited December 2022
    Tacos: ground turkey, Mexican spices, cabbage, cheese, guac, sour cream & salsa. Side of black beans. I am never too sure what to do with ground turkey as it's rather dry and bland but this worked as the guac and sour cream provided a little "moisture" and the spices some flavor.

vva0ia711ph5.jpeg