While chasin' the clouds away.

Our hearts were ringin'
    In the key that our souls were singin'
    As we danced in the night, remember
    How the stars stole the night away, oh, yeah
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    i remember when people smoked everywhere like inside the house and restaurants and everything

In my office they used to keep two ashtrays on the desk - one for worker and one for the customer- that was long banned before started working there but they still have an ashtray in the break room where we put change for drinks from the fridge. Smoke’m if you got’m - it’s funny how cool i thought I was smoking as kid - we’d all stand across the street of the school smoking before class - man I must have really smelled like chit 🤷‍♂️
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,553 Member
    Options
    I remember standing outside in the ‘smoking area’ smoking up a storm before class my sophomore yr of HS.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I remember my mother lying to people smoking in restaurants telling them I was allergic to the smoke.

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,553 Member
    Options
    When this place was a lot of fun.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

I've been thinking that about my work. I like the quiet but, even with 5 of us, we all used to joke around and things used to be more upbeat and there was noise. Now it's like a mortuary.
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I remember Thanksgiving from my past. So many of them. So much work. So much fun. So much love. So much joy to be all together. Two sisters, one brother, 2 parents, 2 spouses, 6 kids. Then it grew .. 3 spouses, 9 kids. And grew. The kids had loves, then spouses, then kids to join in ... and then they started to move away and we'd await the phone calls on that day. And then the parents passed away and a sibling, and some of the kids too. And those those kids' kids grew up and had spouses and kids of their own and we didn't get together anymore.. Life ... an never ending circle of life with all it's joys and heartaches. Remembered fondly, Remembered sadly. Remembered with love.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Post Reported.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Post Reported.

*Disagree*

Or was it

*Woo*

🤔
  • Moijo02022
    Moijo02022 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I remember when I could touch my toes.. wait .. I remember when I could see my toes while standing, now I just trip over them all the time
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I remember as a 10 year old girl, going to the A&W Root beer stand and having cold root beer and burger with fries. Served by girls wearing roller skates! Man that was the bestest ever!!
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    New York Seltzer and Boppers
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing through time and space when I got to play hey you, pikachu bc I was a huge fan.
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I remember my favorite meal back when I was 8 years old ... It is one I never was able to find anywhere again ... It was a special hotdog on a special quarter of a bread with sauerkraut, blanched onions, french fries and mustard on it. And a coke. 25-cents for the meal, back in the early 1950's
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I remember when I was a kid you could get a big bag of lollies for 20c... now you get like.. 4 😂
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I remember this drink that had multi colored edible balls floating in it and it blew my mind as a kid.
    Now I also like boba which isn’t the same but combines my love of eating and drinking at the same time. Long live full pulp orange juice as well.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    4pancwsg1zho.jpeg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I remember the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn’t find one of ’em, not one stinkin' body. But the smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill....... Smelled like victory.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    I remember paying 97 cents per gallon for gas.